StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Spider Man 2 score on July 20th
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:39 am   Post subject: Spider Man 2 score on July 20th Reply with quote

http://elfman.filmmusic.com/

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002IO1D2/24fmll-20

Track listing:
Spoiler:

1 Spider-Man 2 Main Title
2 M.J.'s New Life/Spidus Interruptus
3 Doc Ock Is Born
4 Angry Arms/Rebuilding
5 A Phone Call/The Wrong Kiss/Peter's Birthday
6 The Bank/Saving May
7 The Mugging/Peter's Turmoil
8 Doc Ock's Machine
9 He's Back!
10 Train/Appreciation
11 Aunt May Packs
12 Armageddon/A Really Big Web!
13 The Goblin Returns
14 At Long Last, Love
15 Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head

jeff
sdg
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info j2brown. I updated the Upcoming Releases with the link to amazon. I hope they provide the album art soon.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I can't believe Amazon put the album art for the first Spider-Man up for 2. I submitted and catalog update.

NeXo
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 7138

NeXo is offline View user's profile Send private message NeXo's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Why the track listing has been erased ??

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably because it was from the first score? They still have the album art of the first CD up.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

email from amazon:

"Hi JERIC,

Thanks for the heads-up! We'll get the incorrect image pulled right
away.

Best regards,

Suze
The Product Imaging Group
http://www.amazon.com"

shock
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 3465

shock is offline View user's profile Send private message shock's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 6 new soundclips up at Sony Music - and a new release date: 07/27/2004.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks shock! I updated the amazon block with it and Bourne Supremecy and Man On Fire too.

shock
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

shock is offline View user's profile Send private message shock's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just got my copy of the "Spider-Man 2" score today! Really didn't expect to receive it that early! I've ordered it through www.cede.ch, a Swiss online CD shop.
Just listening to it at the moment - I'll post a review later.
shock
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

My review of the "Spider-Man 2" score CD:

Spoiler:

Wow! That is some great stuff! I love that score!

First of all, the cover artwork is fantastic. The CD itself is red with a big silver spider on it, looking really cool. Not much going on in the booklet, no liner notes or anything, just the tracklist, the credits and a list of the members of the Hollywood Studio Symphony. It's a 112-piece orchestra - with 12 french horns!

As expected, that is an excellent sounding album - Dennis Sands did, as usual, a great job in recording and mixing. Sweet, brilliant strings, punchy brass, elegant woodwinds and a tasteful low end. The electronics and sampled percussion/hihat-stuff blend in perfectly. The overall sound is very transparent and crisp.

The CD got a fair overall runtime of 48 minutes, 14 tracks of pure Danny Elfman music. Sadly, no "End Credits" there, but a song called "Raindrops keep fallin' on my Head" written by Bacharach / David and performed by B.J. Thomas.

Ok, onto the music:

1. SPIDER-MAN 2 MAIN TITLE

This track sounds more or less ike the one from the first movie with a slightly different orchestration this time around. There's some light glockenspiel at the beginning and some new percussion and electronic drones /sweeping filters stuff. There's a lot of choir in there too which is great - very heroic sounding. And, of course, no Green Goblin theme here, but the new, powerful, brassy Doc Ock theme.
Not much has changed, but I still prefer this version over the main titles from Spidey 1.

3. DOC OCK IS BORN

Very powerful brass & percussion action at the beginning of that track and some cool french horn effects and glissandi. Blends into the french horn Doc Ock theme which kind of reminds me of the tragic Penguin theme from "Batman Returns", but much more powerful.

4. ANGRY ARMS/REBUILDING

I love that track! It starts off with some strings harmonics, piano, harp and synth choir. Very sweet, reminds of me of some of Elfman's "Red Dragon" music. Blends into the Doc Ock theme and finishes with some eery delayed harp, bartok pizz and bassoon part - again, very "Red Dragon"-sounding.

5. A PHONE CALL/THE WRONG KISS/PETER'S BIRTHDAY

Some very light, simple piano melody at the beginning leads to a "Edward Scissorhands meets Spider-Man" sounding string & harp part. Beautiful!
Finishes with a variation of the responsibility-theme from Spidey 1.

6. THE BANK/SAVING MAY

Doc Ock's second theme is played all throughout that track. Very heavy, violent brass & percussion music - that surely is no "tragic villain" anymore. I haven't seen the movie yet, but if listen to that track, I bet Doc Ock must be really pissed off.

8. DOC OCK'S MACHINE

Both of Doc Ock's themes melted together. The more I listen to them the more I love those themes!

9. HE'S BACK!

Spidey's hero-theme - boy, that track is way too cool! Sends shivers down my spine everytime I listen to it! Should've been longer...

10. TRAIN/APPRECIATION (* bonus track)

Fantastic string writing here - a variation on the Main Title arpeggio. Really cool action music! (Seems a bit sloppily edited though as you can clearly hear some of the cuts.)

13. THE GOBLIN RETURNS

Very cool! Starts with some extremely low woodwinds and wonderful french horns. Not very Elfman sounding, more like Goldenthal or Shore - if there wasn't that reprise of the Green Goblin theme from Spidey 1. Sweet string effects and orchestration on that one.

14. AT LONG LAST, LOVE

Very similar to "Farewell" from the first score - Spidey's love-theme blending into a reconstruction of his heroic theme.

As I've said, there's no "End Credits"-track here, but that "Raindrops"-song. Personally, I couldn't care less for it, but maybe some of you'll like it.

Of course this score sounds a lot like the first one, and there are a few tracks which seem like they might have been lifted directly from the first CD - but there's still plenty of new material and themes (and re-orchestrations and variations from old material) here to make it an interesting and "fresh" listening experience. It' might not be what "Batman Returns" has been to "Batman", but it's certainly a lot better than "MIB 2". Doc Ocks themes and the action music really stand out for me, and the slow, romantic cues are beautiful too.
If you're an Elfman fan, you'll definitely love this score!
Haurk
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 4340

Haurk is offline View user's profile Send private message Haurk's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the movie earlier today. And even though the special effects managed to take my attention form the music from time to time (like.. alot Razz) I must say the score sounded very nice on first impression. Looks like Mr. Elfman has done it again.
lotrfan2004
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 7225

lotrfan2004 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website lotrfan2004's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the first movie I have seen since joining SST, and also the first i have really paid attention to the score. And I have to say, I LOVED the score. It was just as incredible as the movie.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." - Gandalf
n707jt
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 5852

n707jt is offline View user's profile Send private message n707jt's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys

I am sure you have seen plenty of Spiderman 2 trailers and if you noticed the music playing behind.. sounded something like "Lacrimosa" (not the one from mozart)

I don't think it is included in the Spiderman 2 soundtrack. Do you any other CD this track is on?

Thanks!
shock
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's by Immediate Music. They do the majority of trailer music. You won't find Lacrimosa on any officially released CD, but it's on their recent production CD called "Themes for Orchestra and Choir".
USA schroddie
Commander
Commander

Member#: 7501

schroddie is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website schroddie's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

NeXo wrote:
Why the track listing has been erased ??

The track listing has bot been erased. It's a spoiler. If you want to see what's hidden, drag your mouse on it... and read the newbie FAQ! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: