StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Best Unreleased Scores
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Sound_Track
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 14512

Sound_Track is offline View user's profile Send private message Sound_Track's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My Number One Unreleased Soundtack is:

John Boorman's EXCALIBUR

Trevor Jones composed the score for EXCALIBUR, and he also used Classical music in the soundtrack.
My favorite version of "SIEGFRIED'S FUNERAL MARCH" from the Wagner Opera Gotterdammerung is the George Szell & The Cleveland Orchestra's version from 1968. I have it on a CBS Great Performances Cassette. (It's now been released on SACD by SONY).

Edited to add Trevor Jone's as the composer of the Film...

Last edited by Sound_Track on Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Australia TheSnowLeopard
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13799

TheSnowLeopard is offline View user's profile Send private message TheSnowLeopard's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard these scores, but the word is they are great. As far as I know, neither has ever been released commercially on CD.

The Magic of Marciano by Harry Gregson-Williams
Monsignor by John Williams
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE the lighter side of Danny Elfman (i.e Black Beauty) thus I think one of the Best Unreleased scores is:

Family Man by Danny Elfman (WE NEED THIS OFFICIALLY RELEASED, if there is anyone out there with the capacity to do so....thank you)

Nate
Sound_Track
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Sound_Track is offline View user's profile Send private message Sound_Track's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 12:24 am   Post subject: FAHRENHEIT 451 Reply with quote

I don't think that there has ever been an official soundtrack release of the great FAHRENHEIT 451.

Bits and pieces here and there, but no official soundtrack release that I know of.

The Seattle Symphony Orchestra release, as nice as it might be, is inferior to Bernard Herrmann himself conducting the National Philharmonic Orchestra of London in November of 1973. This out-of-print Decca/London CD is worth listening to. Originally released in 1974. It was also released as a Mobile Fidelity LP, and later as a Mobile Fidelity CD. This site has more info about the relaeses: http://www.uib.no/herrmann/rec/r_ffw74x.html The CD has excerpts from four films:

CINEMA GALA : FILM FANTASY

FAHRENHEIT 451
THE 7TH VOYAGE OF SINBAD
THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL
JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH

The Original LP cover form the 1975 US release THE FANTASY FILM WORLD OF BERNARD HERRMANN:

Sound_Track
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Next on my list for an "Official" soundtrack release, is from the 1980 Stanley Kubrick classic: "THE SHINING".

I'd like this official release to have some nice dialogue action with some of the Wendy Carlos tracks....

For now, you can listen to most of the stuff that wasn't used in the movie with two releases, "Rediscovering Lost Scores, Vol. I & II".

Last edited by Sound_Track on Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
USA Luther_III
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound_Track wrote:

John Boorman's EXCALIBUR

Ah, a good choice, although you should mention the score was composed by Trevor Jones; John Boorman directed the film. Wink In fact, at least one of the themes from Excalibur can be heard almost note-for-note in The Last of the Mohicans. Smile

It's been mentioned, but my vote would probably go for Gabriel Yared's Troy. Jerry Goldsmith's Legend was at the top of the list until the score was finally released on CD in the US.
Sound_Track
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Luther_III wrote:
Sound_Track wrote:

John Boorman's EXCALIBUR

Ah, a good choice, although you should mention the score was composed by Trevor Jones; John Boorman directed the film. Wink In fact, at least one of the themes from Excalibur can be heard almost note-for-note in The Last of the Mohicans. Smile

Actually, I mentioned that it was "John Boorman's" EXCALIBUR, so that it would be clear as to which film I was referring to.

As to Trevor Jones's score..... much of what I really like the most about the film's soundtrack, is Trevor's use of Richard Wagner's music, especially from "SIEGFRIED'S FUNERAL MARCH", which is from his Opera "Gotterdammerung".
Cadet 1

Member#: 15008

HeathenMaiden is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website HeathenMaiden's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

"Texas Rangers" by Trevor Rabin. The movie wasn't the best I've ever seen but the score was absolutely fantastic. Epic, grand and majestic! I rented the DVD just so that I could rip the end credits Mr. Green
USA supercarol
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 14393

supercarol is offline View user's profile Send private message supercarol's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Frequency, by Michael Kamen. It's brilliant. There's a commentary track on the DVD that has most of the soundtrack, but it's interspersed with dialogue from Michael Kamen. While some of the stuff he says is interesting, he always seems to talk during the music parts I really wish I were hearing...
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

supercarol wrote:
Frequency, by Michael Kamen. It's brilliant. There's a commentary track on the DVD that has most of the soundtrack, but it's interspersed with dialogue from Michael Kamen. While some of the stuff he says is interesting, he always seems to talk during the music parts I really wish I were hearing...

The Sound Of Music commentary is good because, the voice-over stops while the musical pieces play......
Ensign

Member#: 12707

Jade_Kadir is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Jade_Kadir's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to say the best unreleased ST is for the film "The Freshman" ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099615/ ). I love the score to it and would totally die if they released it. *Le Sigh*
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 2223

tranzishun is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View tranzishun's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

White Fang - Basil Poledouris
Germany derler
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 12481

derler is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View derler's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, no replies here for some months?! Surprised
I would have nearly no other suggestions than the ones that were made here, the following come to my mind spontaneously:

- TROY (rejected) by Gabriel Yared
- EQUILIBRIUM by Klaus Badelt (I think so...)
- KING KONG (rejected) by Howard Shore - I would really like to hear that one!
- BATMAN & ROBIN (complete score) by Elliot Goldenthal
- GODZILLA (complete score) by David Arnold
- PRINCE OF EGYPT (complete score) by Hans Zimmer

Btw: Has any of the ST's mentioned in this topic already been released? Question Question Question
I hope at least TROY will be! Exclamation
Szilvi
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 17673

Szilvi is offline View user's profile Send private message Szilvi's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 1:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

derler wrote:
Well, no replies here for some months?! Surprised
I would have nearly no other suggestions than the ones that were made here, the following come to my mind spontaneously:

- EQUILIBRIUM by Klaus Badelt (I think so...)

Hi!
thats strange: I got Equilibrium. I guess its been released.
I miss Beowulf&Grendel's music. Not a Lord of the Ring Razz , but quite inspiring tracks.
See ya. Wink
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 1:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Szilvi wrote:
Hi!
thats strange: I got Equilibrium. I guess its been released.

Welcome to SST, Szilvi!! Great to see you contributing to the SST community already.

In regards to the Equilibrium score by Klaus Badelt, there has never been an official release of the score. The goal of this thread is to list scores that have never been released officially. Hopefully that clears things up. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: