StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

The Horse Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
CaptainAdam
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 7155

CaptainAdam is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website CaptainAdam's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 7:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have noticed, but i think we can get back on track now. This is the nature of topics i am told Wink.

So another story:
A pony was too short to see out of her box. So she dug a hole, and she accumulated the dirt from the hole in the base of her boxe's door. Now she could stand atop this heap with her front legs and could see out of the box above the door.

Adam
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 5089

TrickSpine is offline View user's profile Send private message TrickSpine's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... well, i started riding when i was 12, rode solid 'til i was 13. then i went through a lengthy break, went to a new stables, and started up again when i was 14. during these years, i had every possible painful experience, (including being bitten just left of the breast which left a green bruise for a very long time) Embarassed . then stopped when i was 15, had no riding except for the odd trail ride at various ranches on my vacations for the years to follow. the highlight of this period was riding some coral beaches in Mexico. Very Happy a very disjointed and inconstant progression, no? Rolling Eyes *sighs* but, the sun decided to shine again - just about a month and a half ago, an acquaintance, who has become a friend, invited me to go trail riding. i now ride twice a week. and the world makes sense again.
i don't ride out of some princess-ie desire that remains since little girldom when fairies and unicorns reigned with pink sparkles. i like to ride because it can be rough and raw and powerful and, basically, it's a rush. it can also be one of the most complete workouts that a body can get. if you ride long and hard you can exercise a very large percent of your major muscles. also, there is nothing princess-ie about the way i ride. in my experience, it is a filthy, dirty time and about as dusty as rock climbing.
it can be very dangerous as well: a few weeks ago, we were riding a trail next to the highway and my horse spooked for the first time since we had "met", if you will. and so we went galloping off down the side of the Trans Canada. to be honest, i just rode it out with relish. i was so happy to have some speed for once. (this horse is very old and we're building up its muscles after it having been on its death bed, or hay?, last year.) but a few years ago an incident like that would have had me down a cliff and splattered by a semi truck. Crying or Very sad (ok, maybe that's a bit dramatic, Rolling Eyes but there was a cliff and it was a highway and i probably would have fallen off.) but i didn't - good times.
so, there is my horse story for today.
CaptainAdam
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

CaptainAdam is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website CaptainAdam's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, horseriding is filthy,rough, and very exercising, and also tireing, and is very enjoyable. When you get in the hang of it, and are in harmony with the horse.
After riding, my legs,and my whole body, feels very good, thanks to the musclework.
Nothing like riding on a 40 C day, and sweating just like the horse you are riding Smile.
And yes, it has it's dangers. Probably everybody who rides, will fall off, or experiences some other accident, sooner or later. It's part of the game.

Adam

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

FAQ wrote:
Q: Are there any rules for the Forum or Chat?
A: Good Question. Nothing set in stone, but here are a few suggestions. Don't use the Forum or Chat for facilitating the trade, sharing or whatever of pirated songs. In other words, don't involve SST. We've already been mistaken enough as a piracy site for no real reason (mostly by you silly euros). Don't flood the chat... with smileys or anything else (you'd think this was common sense but unfortunately no). Stick with English. We've had some Euro's in the past who think it's cool to speak their home language so the yanks don't know what they're saying. Personally I find this cowardly. If you're too much of a wuss to say something to someone's face (especially online), then go somewhere else. And finally, don't be a schlong when the admins are being serious. And don't say you're not being a schlong when you are, 'cause it takes one to know one and I'm the biggest schlong on here (yet also cockless... go figure that one out).

I am sick and tired of this "discussion". Every post made from now on that "justifies" illegal downloading will be deleted without warning.

And Adam: *Read* the bloody FAQ, not scan it.
CaptainAdam
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cal...who is making who sick? Going on with that horse meat thing after me saying dont....
I have said: "stay to the topic", i cannot be blamed for answering more off-topic posts...Delete posts, sure, but then delete your own posts too, and of others who posted on this downloading issue. I don't really care, as i was not the one who started all of this...

Adam
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 243

Caray is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Caray's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I rode for 20 years until back problems caught up with me. I loved it, despite numerous meetings at high speed with the ground, the obstacles, or trees (I still remember that trail horse with the bad habit of scraping off her riders by riding too close to trees).
A memory ? Galoping down the horse track (marked with plenty of signs saying horse track, beware) and just after a turn finding myself nose to nose with a family having a nice picnic in the middle of the track, folding table, chairs, kid with ball, the whole circus and only one stride left. I still remember 'hauling' the horse over the table with my heart in my throat. By miracle (and thanks to that horse who tucked his hooves way in)we didn't hit anything or anyone.
I was then insulted and accused of putting them in danger by my reckless riding, what was I thinking off, galoping down a horse track ?
Lieutenant Junior Grade

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, that's a good one Caray, thanks Smile.
I remember a young horse, who was very curious about everything. He looked through the window of an old truck wreck, then examined the cooler, he looked very funny.

Adam
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

CaptainAdam wrote:
Cal...who is making who sick? Going on with that horse meat thing after me saying dont....
I have said: "stay to the topic", i cannot be blamed for answering more off-topic posts...Delete posts, sure, but then delete your own posts too, and of others who posted on this downloading issue. I don't really care, as i was not the one who started all of this...

Adam

Cal didn't mention anything about downloading hence he cannot delete his own posts. I agree with Cal. I deleted all non-horse related posts and I will delete any future ones too. No "buts" or "oh just one more thing". The off-topic subject is over. Take it to IM or another site if you want to discuss it.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
CaptainAdam
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

No i don't want to discuss it, and thanks for deleting those messages.
But maybe then all other non-horse messages should be deleted too (the last from cal, yours and then this one too). Would that be okay? So this thread is more or less "clean" then. Oh and my "who makes who sick" message too.
Thanks.

Adam

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

No I dont agree. They are a warning too, to other readers.
CaptainAdam
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ,nevermind then...A warning, indeed, now that i think of it Wink Smile.

Here is a great site:
http://www.truehorsestories.com/stories.html

The child saving horse story, and the digging mare is from this site.
A lot more to read there.

Any "first time" stories out there? (meeting the horse, sitting on the back for the first time, first gallop, etc.)

Adam
Lieutenant Junior Grade

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

For your enjoyment Very Happy

Adam
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I need to add something. First of all adam try to not get bent out of shape if someone mentions eating meat... In threads like this it often happens we get off track for a while. Personally, I feel it is when we have some of our best posts. We could have a thread about monkeys and for a while it could be about cal's underwear or if cocles is male or female. Ya just got to go with the flow.

As for horses, I never had a horse Sad I never got to ride a horse although I really want to! Someday if I have enough money I want to but one, but as for now thats a distant goal.
CaptainAdam
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you go to a local ranch or stable, where they teach horseriding?
The first thing is to learn how to ride them, then to buy one. Learning is not at all that expensive. And if you get a good teacher it is really enjoyable!
I suggest you try it. Only ofcourse if you have the spare time of about two 1-2 hours (depends on where you live, meaning how far the riding place is) a day, about three times a week.
I mean look at what Legolas does in LOTR on that horse, amazing Wink Very Happy.

Keeping a horse is as much responsibility and time consumption like having children. And costs as much too. I want a horse one day (i would neet a lot of money and time and these two are not palls at al), but first i want to learn to professionally ride a horse.

Adam
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 6652

Istagi is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Istagi's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Horses do not like me. I even come from a "horse" culture. I like horses well enough but just have never successfully been able to ride one.

Makes me a pathetic Lakota, I know Sad

anyway I have never eaten horse. I have eaten dog on many occasions. I don't really like it all that much, to greasy.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: