StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

The Horse Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
CaptainAdam
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 7155

CaptainAdam is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website CaptainAdam's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:40 am   Post subject: The Horse Thread Reply with quote

Hi all!

Right, after looking around in this forum, i thought that this is the one thread that is missing Wink Smile.

Anybody else out there who rides, likes, adores, loves horses? Any interesting stories? Just some comments?
O maybe just a reply to say :"Are you crazy? What does this topic has to do with SST? Get lost punk!"
I intend this to be just a friendly discussion. Thanks!

Adam
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4034

Tron is offline View user's profile Send private message Tron's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 7:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

if this is the forum for a "Boxer or briefs" threat, i guess a horsie one won't hurt.
shock
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 3465

shock is offline View user's profile Send private message shock's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to ride, long time ago.

Today, I prefer my horse on a plate. You know, steaks and such.
CaptainAdam
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

CaptainAdam is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website CaptainAdam's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Tron, i guess you're right Smile.

shock...
Sorry, i tolerate much, but i don't find that funny in any way...Though i said any comments, but i thought that intelligent people do not say such things, or joke about it. Sad

Yes i'm quite over-sensitive. Sorry...

Adam
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 3465

shock is offline View user's profile Send private message shock's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

CaptainAdam wrote:
i tolerate much, but i don't find that funny in any way...

Good, because it wasn't supposed to be funny.
If I wanted to make a "joke", I'd probably have added a Wink. I used to ride, I've even had two horses. I don't ride anymore. I really like horse steak. Where's your problem?
Caliburn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, even if it is mentioned as a joke it is still too damn funny! :-) Never had horse is it good?

Oh and about complaining about eating horse, you can only complain about it when you are a vegetarian IMHO.
USA Bruiser VIP (subscribed member)
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

aw

Member#: 3050

Bruiser is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Bruiser's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

shock - eeyeeeww! why not just eat your dog! I wouldn't eat a horse unless I were desperate. They're just too pretty.

I like to ride but I don't have any horses right now so I can't. Maybe someday tho...
Commander

Member#: 5527

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm horse steak? What the hell are you Swiss doing over there? Do you have a shortage of wild game to eat? I will stick to my cow steaks. I hear horses are tough and sinewy anyway.
James
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 4340

Haurk is offline View user's profile Send private message Haurk's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

treebob wrote:
Umm horse steak? What the hell are you Swiss doing over there? Do you have a shortage of wild game to eat? I will stick to my cow steaks. I hear horses are tough and sinewy anyway.
James

wild game... cow steaks.

just thought it was a little bit funny Very Happy
Canada Robert_Locksley
Commander
Commander

Member#: 980

Robert_Locksley is offline View user's profile Send private message Robert_Locksley's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFL!!! What a way to start a Horse Thread here in the forums.

Anyways, my 2-bits...I used to live on a farm and we had a couple of horses. Lots of fun, they were. But, expensive to keep. I do miss them though.

I did hear that some people say horse meat is great...I've never tried it though....I've heard that someone swore they'd never try horse meat - a week after a BBQ party, this person was told that the meat they had eaten was horse. And that person made comments on how good the meat tasted that day!
Commander

Member#: 6471

Tjoe is offline View user's profile Send private message Tjoe's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was 15 to 18, we had a very small farm: just chickens and an old, retired trail horse. She was a nice horse and I have many good memories of her. Especially since she was bought for my younger step sister, but I was the only person that the horse would listen to and let ride properly Very Happy
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My only real horse story is just the usual of man verses beast - or at least 5 year old boy bitten on the hand after teasing a horse. Tough luck I guess.

Eating horse meat? I can't speak for anyone else, captain, but I'd imagine people on this site eat all kinds of things due to the multinational nature of SST. I guess people eat whatever is available to eat! I would never have dreamed of touching octopus until my Aunt bought some a few years ago. It was very tasty, a little off-putting but tasty.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing how ignorant some of you are.

Horse is commonly eaten within lots of countries in the Western world. Never eaten it myself, but what are you going to whine about next? The Japanese eating fish, raw?
CaptainAdam
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, to me eating a horse is like eating a dog or a cat, or human. In my cultural oppinion i don't eat my loved ones, and members of the family Smile.
Mellowmen, and Cocles has a point there though, that the eating habits vary culture by culture.
But that does not change my oppinion the least bit.
Ofcourse i might have eaten horse meat and didn't even notice it. Sadly they put it in some meat products as a mix....
But if i may ask, please stick to horse riding, and other similar topics here, this thread is not about international gastronomy. Thank you.

Those few, who are childish enough to offend me on purpose, do it personally.

I ride horses ,and it is a wonderful experience. Those who never even got closer to a living horse than eating a steak, will never understand this.
Horses radiate a warmth,they have an aura that makes you feel good, and they are very kind. Well mostly. They have a variety of personalities, like us. Some of them are exeptionally intelligent.
I read a story, of a horse that opened his "horse-proof" door, and then let all the other horses out.
At another time, when a careless, dumbass driver roard by a horse which on a child and a man was riding, the horse only panicked AFTER the child was taken off. Numerous similar things happened.

A little philosophycal sidetrack:
Those ignorant people who think that humans are so exeptional, and that we can do whatever we want, are fools. Just look around in the world, and i need not to elaborate...So we should show a "bit" more respect to such creatures that are in many ways better than most of us are.
The worst was not the horse eating part...but after i tell that please don't, i get more..that feels very bad...it hurts.
And in my oppinion, don't do or say such things to others, that you don't want them to do or say to you. And if someone tells you that what you say or do offends him, try to avoid it.
I try to live according to the above.
"So what are you? Some f***g saint?"
No...i make mistakes, a lot. But the key here is trying to make yourself better. Not for others...for yourself.

If everybody would show a bit more compassion and respect to the others this planet would be a much better place.
Oh i know this is not trendy, and it's embarassing to show feelings, and to help, to understand...

My intention with this thread is an intelligent, and friendly discussion, nothing else.
Now i'll probably be attacked Smile.

Adam
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4034

Tron is offline View user's profile Send private message Tron's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

we are getting off-topic here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: