StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$154.46

3 Donations:
$345.54

StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-5) Shru $50.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-3) Anonymous $50.00
Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Your Personal Celebrations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten hours of labor? or 10 hours at the hospital - not enough details

you watched tv? shouldn't you have been helping your wife?

my husband slept all night on the second one, i don't think i have ever been more mad in my life
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 243

Caray is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Caray's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

graywolf wrote:

The second one we went to the hospital at 7:30pm and were done about 11pm. This time Jumanji was on. And at least she had the decency to wait till I was done with dinner that time. Wink

She didn't kill you for that remark ? Laughing

My sister went to the cinema with her husband and went into labour, but she was so certain that she still had hours to wait (it was her third and she knew the drill) that she wanted to stay and watch the film, then go to a restaurant. My brother-in-law's nerves broke mid-film, he grabbed his wife and drove her to the hospital despite her protests. My niece was born an hour later.
Years later my sister still grumbles that he could have waited till the end of the film. Laughing
Lieutenant

Member#: 7365

Jazzman is offline View user's profile Send private message Jazzman's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

So what movie was it?
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

My first child Jamie Michael was born at 3:54 am on Wednesday 13th October!! After a tough labour my wife eventally had to have a caesarean section.

As scary as that whole experience was Jamie is here now and weighed in at a whopping 8lb 14.5oz!!

He is absolutely wonderful. And Tjoe you were right, boy I wish I'd slept 2 hours a day for the last month, but never mind.

I'll try and pop into SST when I can but I'll probably vanish for a while!

Hope everyone is well!
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY! mellow - congratulations dad! send pics!!
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Member#: 3098

rebeccabutterfly is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website rebeccabutterfly's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Mello! congrats!! Thats a great name. My little brother's name is James Michael. very close to your new darling. Good luck with everything. You're gonna be a great dad.
Commander

Member#: 6471

Tjoe is offline View user's profile Send private message Tjoe's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

WOOHOOOOO!!! Yay Mellow (and Mrs. Mellow).

Labor sounded much like my son's too. Very scary. Very happy everything went well. Now, go let your wife get some sleep Smile
Lieutenant

Member#: 548

korkster is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website korkster's Favorites are Private
AIM Address MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont know about my own personal triumphs, but I'll at least celebrate the success of my youngest son, who is a freshman in HS. He is a percussionist in the band, and has been getting up at 6:45am every day since school started, and going to practice on various percussion instruments till about 8:00 am. He was recently rewarded with multiple parts in their state-qualifying marching show, which is quite a feat for a freshman in the band. Usually these parts are only for upper classmen. Just this past Saturday, they qualified to go to state with straight superior scores from the judges. So we are celebrating that with him Smile

Thanks TJ for starting this!!
Jazzman
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 7365

Jazzman is offline View user's profile Send private message Jazzman's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's great, and it is a personal celebration as well: you've raised a son who knows the value of hard work and persistence. (Sounds like a topic for the "not enough people know" thread as well.)
I hope my kids turn out as good as yours.
Commander

Member#: 7501

schroddie is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website schroddie's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My celebration today is to read this thread and enjoying all great moments that happen in your lives!
Tjoe- I hope I can watch you someday practising your TKD
Legolas - congrats on being an uncle
j2brown - happy anniversary
maddy - great news
filmgoerjaun - I know how it feels when your best friend has a new baby.
Jazzman - you're financially happier, that must be such a relief
and of course mellowman for being a new daddy. Raise your little boy as well as korkster did.

I just wanted to say I love you all and I'm very thankful that I can share your happiness. Thanks a lot Tjoe for this thread, that's a great idea!
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Mellow, congratulations on your new baby boy!

You'll be an excellent dad, especially since you have enough patience to deal with the school kids. Drop by SST when you can.
USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

hey melloW congrats m8! free round on me!
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

This very post is #200 for me on the forums.

That is all. Please move along.

jeff
sdg
USA lotrgirl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 7872

lotrgirl is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View lotrgirl's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished a class today! Leaves more time for me! What am I going to do with the time? Do other homework...and have fun!!
Commander

Member#: 6471

Tjoe is offline View user's profile Send private message Tjoe's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yey LOTR! And now you have more time for SST!!

I have more TKD celebrations. I had 2 tournaments this past month and did pretty well. All the boring details follow, so skip now if you like Smile

Last month, I was at a small tournament and had to compete against black belts from 1st degree to 4th degree (I'm only 2 tests away from my regular black belt now). I actually came out of it unhurt, and with a few medals.

My bigger news though is the tournament we just had this weekend. My school hosted this one and it was huge (called a Class-A). People from around the country show up to these because the points are higher. We had people from California, Texas, Missouri, Florida, Pennsylvania, and some closer states.... and that was just in my ring.

Since it is our school's tournament, we all pitch in and help with setup and running it and cleanup. Friday night we were still setting up at 3am (saturday), then have opening ceremonies at 9am. So we are all kind of tired. Another problem with our school being the host is that you are bound to have someone from your own school be the judge at your ring. We had 31 rings going with 5 rounds running through the day. Someone from your own school almost has to be harder on your score than on people they don't know.

My ring is still a color belt ring, but it was only people at approximately my level (red belt and red/black belt). I came in 2nd for Form (routine), 2nd for Weapon, and 3rd for Sparring.

I was happy with my Form performance, and surprised that my Weapon performance got me 2nd place since the 3rd place guy was doing a fancier weapon and those usually score higher. My weapon presently is the Ssahng Jeol Bong (most people call them the "num-chucks"). The long "Bo" staff gets a lot of attention and is usually a crowd pleaser. I thought the guy with that weapon did better than I did, but I got scored higher. Also, the judge from my school had to leave before we did weapons.

But I am most excited about my 3rd place finish in Sparring. That is my weakest event, but I felt like I was in nearly total control that day. Every move and block felt so natural. It felt like I was slowing down time and seeing my opponent is slow motion, giving me plenty of time to block or strike. I beat my first opponent by score (5 points wins) before the 2 minute timer ran out. My last opponent eventually went on to 1st place, but he was only ahead of me by 1 point when the timer ran out. I'm pretty sure I could of beat the guys he went up against, so who knows what would have happened if I had caught him before the timer. I was chasing him out of the ring many times, and when we were done, many people commented on what a great round that was. We had power, speed, and technique. So, even with a 3rd place, I felt fabulous! I have never felt that good during sparring, either at a tournament or at class. I just felt like I had complete control, well, until I lost, that is Smile

Now, I just have to worry about my next big tournament. I'll be a black belt by then (I test in January) and I've seen that belt at my age group in action. Some of them have been at that level for several years and are very tough competitors. The 20 and 30 year olds are a little faster (and jump higher), but my age group hits/kicks harder than anyone else. I don't care how much protective gear we have on... you get hit by us with all that adrenaline going, and you get badly hurt.

Thanks for reading all of this.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 5 of 39

Jump to: