StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Requests back to 1/2?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Postman
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 234

Postman is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Postman's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 3:46 am   Post subject: Requests back to 1/2? Reply with quote

Is it possible to reduce the requests per hour to 1/2? The queue is now two days 100+... So if I request at 10am, my pick will play at 3pm [Frown]
PremierNate
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 280

PremierNate is offline View user's profile Send private message PremierNate's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 7:14 am   Post subject: Requests back to 1/2? Reply with quote

I have to agree with Postman. As much as I like to have 1 request every hour, if you don't even hear your request played than what is the point of requesting? I requested about 3 songs yesterday in my 9 hours of work and I don't think I heard even one of them. I think it is great that SST is so popular now, but it's impossible to hear personal requests...although most of the music that is played is still good.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 2:26 am   Post subject: Requests back to 1/2? Reply with quote

The queue is not that long by requests. With only 22 listeners and 100 songs in the playlist that is not likely.

I dont think it abuse either. The songs are too random for that.

It is probably something that Jeric set up, while he was/is gone these couple of days.
PremierNate
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 280

PremierNate is offline View user's profile Send private message PremierNate's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 8:15 am   Post subject: Requests back to 1/2? Reply with quote

I don't know if is abuse or not, but I put in a request yesterday around 7am and some 3-4 hours later it still had not appeared in the queue. During the day I would estimate around some 150 songs in the queue, of which only 100 will display.

Something just seems wrong about that, but you could be right in that it was something JERIC had setup while he is gone just to make sure there was continuous music playing, but with only around 140-150 users, could everyone have requested at once? I dunno, be curious to see what jeric says.
Caray
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 243

Caray is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Caray's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 1:15 am   Post subject: Requests back to 1/2? Reply with quote

I did a little calculation. 100 songs is more or less 5 hours and a half of music.
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 6:44 am   Post subject: Requests back to 1/2? Reply with quote

I am still in favor of only contributing members should be allowed to place requests. That way we could cut down on the abuse and generate operating capital for the site. A $5.00 or $10.00 donation would get you the right to request for one month. Just my thoughts.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 6:51 am   Post subject: Requests back to 1/2? Reply with quote

Well I still disagree [Wink]

Stream should be available to all listeners as long as possible

IMHO of course
markinboone
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 316

markinboone is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail markinboone's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 10:38 am   Post subject: Requests back to 1/2? Reply with quote

I think jk2silly was saying only contributing members could REQUEST - the stream would still be open to everyone.

I'm enjoying the full albums being played today. The flow is (so far) smoother than the potpourri of requests. I often miss my request because I'm gone from my desk a lot. While requests are a potential source for revenue, it is still a random way to build a queue. But whether the queue is programmed, random by requests, or random by auto selection, my listening habit will be the same: I'll listen as long as I'm enjoying it. Since the queue lets me know what's coming, I can make the choice to hang around for what's ahead or log out and listen to something else for awhile.

Jeric will make the choice whether he wants to be a DJ or a librarian, or some combination of both, perhaps. In any event, I'm glad there's source for contemporary orchestral music! [Smile]
USA jk2silly VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 9:13 am   Post subject: Requests back to 1/2? Reply with quote

That is it exactly. The stream would be open for anyone to listen. Donating (or subscribing) would get you the privledge of requesting to the queue. The queue would still be populated in the slower times from the playlist. I think that this is a way to prevent some of the abuse keep the queue to managable levels, (not the 100+) that it got to) and still allow us to select the tracks that we would like to hear. I realize that a subscription service for requests will not be popular as we have been accustomed to having a free service for over a year now, but with the influx of new listeners we have received recently, I think it is time to move in that direction. [Cool]
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 3:11 am   Post subject: Requests back to 1/2? Reply with quote

But think of all the people who can't afford $5 a month! How do you suppose they'll be able to enj-ROFL-- Sorry, couldn't make it all the way through without laughing.
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 4:22 am   Post subject: Requests back to 1/2? Reply with quote

Turns out there is some kind of bot @ 66.196.72.1 - 66.196.72.255 that has been requesting songs. It is quite random too.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 4:29 am   Post subject: Requests back to 1/2? Reply with quote

I assume that means a ban from the requestsytem _and_ the streams?

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 4:38 am   Post subject: Requests back to 1/2? Reply with quote

Banning it didn't work. Somehow it is bypassing my PC so my firewall rules don't apply, and it's going through audiorealm. It's not a listener, it seems that INKTOMISEARCH.COM is spidering the website or something. I had to rename the playlist directory from 'playlist' to 'playlist-030324' so it will stop requesting.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 5:14 am   Post subject: Requests back to 1/2? Reply with quote

Okay that didn't work either. It's not even going through the html pages to find the links. I have to change the drive letter or directory name where all the files exsit.

Caliburn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 5:25 am   Post subject: Requests back to 1/2? Reply with quote

So if I understand correctly the bot uses a leak in your streaming software?

How about emailing the creators of the software. I cant believe that this radiostation is the only victim of this bot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: