StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Suspicious Requests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
SlowMo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 29

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 7:25 am   Post subject: Suspicious Requests Reply with quote

Hey, Jeric,

Since you're doing the queue page again :

A nice-to-have would be that the total queue length would be displayed. That way you can sort of figure out when your pick is going to be played. And of course it would be nice to just see how long the queue is at any time.

That's all.
Lieutenant

Member#: 39

Yvond is offline View user's profile Send private message Yvond's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 10:59 am   Post subject: Suspicious Requests Reply with quote

Posting all 99 is only absolutely necessary if you ever go to more than 1 request per hour (which is highly unlikely these days), unless that bug in the code has been fixed that makes you lose your additional request if you choose a song already played. Weird that it is never a problem when just requesting 1 song.

But, seeing the past 99 is quite nice regardless, and I'm all for it if you've got the BW.
USA mistryl
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 338

mistryl is offline View user's profile Send private message mistryl's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 12:10 pm   Post subject: Suspicious Requests Reply with quote

Hi everyone! I just found the site last night, and I haven't really stopped listening. Unfortunately I had to sleep for a little while. [Smile]

Anyway, I do agree that posting the entire last 99 tracks is unnecessary. The odds of requesting something that was played then are pretty unlikely anyway - but I am the curious type. I like to see what I missed. I don't *need* to, but if the BW is available, it would be nice.
Yvond
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Yvond is offline View user's profile Send private message Yvond's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 12:18 pm   Post subject: Suspicious Requests Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by mistryl:
The odds of requesting something that was played then are pretty unlikely anyway - but I am the curious type.

You'll be surprised to see how often it really happens. [Big Grin]

Welcome to SST!

Oh, and JERIC, I agree wholeheartedly with SlowMo's suggestion...
Carlisle
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 351

Carlisle is offline View user's profile Send private message Carlisle's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 5:20 am   Post subject: Suspicious Requests Reply with quote

I can't listen to any of the regular streams. Have I been banned for some reason?
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 6:10 am   Post subject: Suspicious Requests Reply with quote

Why? Did you do something wrong?? [Wink]

Only the 24k streams are available at the time.

I do not know what is wrong with the 128k. The provider (IWT) does not keep me in the loop.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
AnotherBovine
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 353

AnotherBovine is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AnotherBovine's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 9:26 pm   Post subject: Suspicious Requests Reply with quote

I have a quesiton. I have 3 songs i can request. I can't make those 3 from the same soundtrack?
Caliburn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 2:31 am   Post subject: Suspicious Requests Reply with quote

Well when I look at the recently played list. I see a lot sequences of 3 tracks from one album. So I would say that it works.

Common people be more creative! Pick three songs from different albums.
Yvond
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 1:00 pm   Post subject: Suspicious Requests Reply with quote

There has been some MAJOR "Predator" spam requesting (multiple back-to-back-to-back-to-back... requests) today. And the worst part about it is that the ST sucks.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 2:39 pm   Post subject: Suspicious Requests Reply with quote

Probably partly my fault. A dude in the chat asked how to request the predator ST, he probably misread the 'agree;-thingy [Smile]

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 5:23 pm   Post subject: Suspicious Requests Reply with quote

I'll let the Predator thing slide this time but if it happens again, let me know and I shall ban.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 6:48 pm   Post subject: Suspicious Requests Reply with quote

Blocked for request abuse:

152.163.188.1 - 152.163.189.255
205.188.208.1 - 205.188.209.255
217.231.1.1 - 217.231.255.255
198.81.26.1 - 198.81.27.255

Caliburn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 12:25 am   Post subject: Suspicious Requests Reply with quote

We got a winner [Smile]

Or the admin filled the queue of course.

screenie 1

screenie 2
PremierNate
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 280

PremierNate is offline View user's profile Send private message PremierNate's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 10:26 am   Post subject: Suspicious Requests Reply with quote

Right now there are 5 songs from the "Brotherhood of the Wolf" st, in the queue. There are two sets of two songs separated by a couple other tracks and the other coming up later. It could just be a coincidence and maybe a lot of people like the soundtrack, but I thought I would at least report it in case anyone else notices something too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 10:35 am   Post subject: Suspicious Requests Reply with quote

I think it's being requested frequently becuase it was just added to the playlist today.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: