StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Please do somethign quick
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
crimsonblake
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 42

crimsonblake is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail crimsonblake's Favorites are Private
AIM Address MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 12:08 am   Post subject: Please do somethign quick Reply with quote

I'm on here tonight Saturday at 2am and the last 50 songs in que 70 percent have been crap ass midi's from video games. I must say i enjoyed most of the videogames that their soundtracks are played here, but Jeric please do something, i love MOVIE soundtracks not VIDEOgame soundtracks. True there are some classics like Medal of honor and such which are ORCHESTRATED not crap midi's done on some 12 yr olds keyboard. I'm almost in favor of a randomizer or something, this site is getting hammered by 1 or 2 people requesting numerous video game songs.

A. Please crack down on these culprits.
B. Either dump all the horrid sounding midi soundtracks or just form another station related to video game music.

I have no idea if i'm alone on this issue, i guess we'll find out.

Death to midi.
Norway Sensei
Commander
Commander

Member#: 12

Sensei is offline View user's profile Send private message View Sensei's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 12:51 am   Post subject: Please do somethign quick Reply with quote

Personally, I very much agree with you. On the other side, though, I think there are more than one or two people out there who enjoy this type of music. IMO some of the VG soundtracks are really awsome, but there are also those who make me hit mute for a minute or two. ATM SST is a station for "movie scores, game & TV music". Whether Jeric wants to change the profile of the station and focus more on movie scores, is up to him.
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 3:44 am   Post subject: Please do somethign quick Reply with quote

I'm also apt to say that we could be a little more picky with the videogame soundtracks.

All categories of soundtracks have their crappy discs, but I think the crappy video game soundtracks have less of a right to be here than the crappy movie soundtracks.

Does that make sense?

Yeehaw.
BohemianRhapso...
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 252

BohemianRhapsodyInBlue is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail BohemianRhapsodyInBlue's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 12:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad I really don't want to complain, since I love this site, but I am so sick of people abusing the system. All I've heard for the last hour (except a FEW isolated scores) have been from video games. Don't get me wrong -- I have no problems with video game soundtracks, but 15 out of the last 20 scores played?
Quote:
All categories of soundtracks have their crappy discs, but I think the crappy video game soundtracks have less of a right to be here than the crappy movie soundtracks.

I agree completely
Kristofke
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 778

Kristofke is offline View user's profile Send private message Kristofke's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 4:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

When I'm listening, and I think "hey, this music gives makes me sick", and I go look, 90% chance that it's video game score...
Oblique
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 574

Oblique is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Oblique's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 6:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

*Oblique places Video Game Soundtracks on his kicking tee"

*Boot*

"Three points"

Concur with Cocles on this one

I just choose not to be as colorful in my speech.

Apparently, in his choice of speech colors, Cocles favors the color brown. Shocked
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 14

gecko is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website gecko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 6:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe... yeah, and one horrid videogame track added lately has been that "Chrono Trigger the Brink of Time" soundtrack... It seemed to have nothing to do with Chrono Trigger? I requested a song from the track and felt very, very bad for submitting the rest of the people on the stream to listening to it...
Rookey
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 427

Rookey is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Rookey's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 8:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

9 times out of 10 I turn the stream off or take off my headphones when the video soundtracks play. I truly love listening to the Movie Soundtracks, but I just can't stand some of the non-shalant(sp?) video game songs that are being played 10 times more than the movie songs. Just my opinion..
Tungro
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 602

Tungro is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Tungro's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 9:17 am   Post subject: Re: Please do somethign quick Reply with quote

Cocles wrote:

I like a mix of both video and movie games, but must admit I can't stand it when it's just one type, song after song. That goes for both movie soundtracks and game soundtracks.

But who decides what is considered a good soundtrack and who considers something a crappy soundtrack? Surely, if everyone thought a particular soundtrack was crap then nobody would request it, and since evidently there are songs that are requested which are not to everybody's liking, that means there are still some people that like those songs. Should they suddenly be excluded just because they have slightly different tastes?

What one person likes may not be to another's tastes.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 352

Gallows is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallows's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 3:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm finding myself in agreeance here.
I am not a fan of vid game scores for the most part.
I would prefer it if there were none available here.
Most of them are weasly synth scores, but I'm repeating the feelings of others who have already weighed in. I don't see much support for other side of the topic here though either. The only good thing I can see about the Vid Scores is that it may help introduce younger listners to this flavor of music. I'd have never been into any scores when I was 10 with the possible exception of John Williams' Star Wars score. That opened the door for me. Now I'm a certifiable film score junky.

Because these kids or young adults (or whomever) can access that stuff here, it keeps them coming back. One would think they'd be bound (the discerning ones) to realize that there is a bigger, better world of music available here. After all, they have to listen to tracks by Morricone, Goldsmith, Goldenthal, Zimmer, and Vangelis, etc . . . while they are waiting to hear the track they requested from Final Fantasy X. One would hope that they would quickly graduate to what many of us consider to be "the good stuff".

I don't knock anyone for their individual tastes. To each his own. But I do agree that there is such a slew of vid stuff available in the playlist , that it gets almost equal play. More at times.

If I had to vote though, I'd say cut the weak from the herd.
And please God, that goes for the NFL films score as well.
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 10:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the same can be said for people that only know film scores. Maybe they can discover something they didn't know existed. It seems like Game Music doesn't get any good credit. While agree there are some bad game tracks but has everyone forgotten about:

Metal Gear Solid
Medal Of Honor
Hitman 2
Total Annihilation
Ys Symphony
Baldur's Gate
...and many more!!!

Game Music gets better every year.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
gecko
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

gecko is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website gecko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 1:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, I only like the orchestrated kind though Jeric, I can't stand the kind where it's just like.. um, computer generated or just like a sucky band redoing the music... there are very few exceptions to this for me. I looove most of the orchestrated stuff... like Orchestral Game Concert, those all rule, if not for their skill and execution in recreating the music from the games, then for nostalgia.

Those silly Japanese. :)
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 1:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur with ze gecko.
gecko
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 2:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, I succeeded in not confusing anyone with my half-conscious posting...
Gallows
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 352

Gallows is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallows's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 2:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeric -
Yes definitely the converse is true as well.
There are some good vid game scores.
And I do have a few in the 'ol personal collection.
Believe me, it is my hopeful wish that vid game scores get better and better.

Music is music as far as I'm concerned. If it's good it doesn't matter where it comes from. It just seems that 85% of the vid game stuff is sub par.
Only my opinion, and my opinion would mean very little to the folks
that love that stuff. As it should be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: