StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

(Nearly) last person on the planet - What would you do
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Norway Muriel VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

aw

Member#: 333

Muriel is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Muriel's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:54 pm   Post subject: (Nearly) last person on the planet - What would you do Reply with quote

Just saw "28 Days Later" and it got my thinking. What would I do if I woke up one day and was the last person around (also a bit like in "Vanilla Sky")?

So the question is... what would you do (disregard all mad and infected people)?

I'd probably stock up on some food and water before probably getting some guns. Then I'd start looking for other people. I'd also eventually start building some kind of nice house with generators and start hunting animals and growing my own food.
USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think thats about it. First thing i would do is make sure there is not anything in the house, grab one of many guns i have:) (Note: i hope you do have a gun or a sword. you may need it one day). Then call(thats if phones work) all my family to see if i'm the last person here. there are a lot of factors in this.
Lieutenant

Member#: 7220

filmgoerjuan is offline View user's profile Send private message filmgoerjuan's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing I'd do is go pick up a copy of this book. Though in reality, that's just so I would have a backup in case one of you brain-sucking undead freaks try to steal my original copy.

Second thing I'd do: go watch Woodstock in a deserted theatre (getting maudlin about the "good old days"), then go home, get drunk and play chess with a bust of Julius Caesar.

Oh, and then I'd probably take a few potshots at all those albino vampires milling about outside my window.

(this makes a lot more sense if you've seen The Omega Man)

Last edited by filmgoerjuan on Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Belgium Tron
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4034

Tron is offline View user's profile Send private message Tron's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

=> all of the above. (except for the guns; if I'm the last one alive; who am I going to shoot?). And I would go to the local mercedes garage and get me a nice big new shiny car. And I would go to the nearest militairy base, I bet there are tons of cool stuff there.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Tron wrote:
=> all of the above. (except for the guns; if I'm the last one alive; who am I going to shoot?).

How about your food? Doofus.
GrooveMerchant
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 2617

GrooveMerchant is offline View user's profile Send private message GrooveMerchant's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd probably grab a couple of guns first, just for the heck of it, plus even if you are the last human on earth animals still do attack, cmon who remembers the fox specials? Wink Anywho, I'd probably grab a bunch of material things like money and clothes and a neat car to play with for a while at first.

After that I'd most likely settle down in a compfortable house somewhere, start growing my own food, then lounge around, read and play my saxophone.
USA zirael
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

GrooveMerchant wrote:
Anywho, I'd probably grab a bunch of material things like money and clothes and a neat car to play with for a while at first.

If everyone is gone, why would you need money? I'd probably break into a supermarket and eat canned food until I ran out. Stock up on supplies at the hardware store. Find a nice beach house to live in for awhile. I'll have to become good at fishing. No need to use a gun unless I need protection from zombies or want fresh meat. Wink
Tjoe
Commander
Commander

Member#: 6471

Tjoe is offline View user's profile Send private message Tjoe's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen those 2 movies yet... guess I better get them on my list.

Are all the other people dead and laying about, or are their bodies gone?

This sounds a lot like Stephen King's The Last Stand, except that there were a few other people left.

There are many things to consider. Power plants can only run on automatic for so long, gas stations require power to get the gas up to the pumps, supermarkets would become very smelly and bug/animal filled as the food rots.

Most likely the best way would be to become like the pioneers of old. Get some horses and a coach, load it up with as many books and as much canned food as possible, then head out to the open land and learn to live off of it until you find a nice farm or ranch to live out your days on.
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Tjoe wrote:

There are many things to consider. Power plants can only run on automatic for so long, gas stations require power to get the gas up to the pumps, supermarkets would become very smelly and bug/animal filled as the food rots.

Ah, to hell with all that. I'd get down to my local supermarket, nip in through the half open automated doors, tread over the dead bodies and throw a load of trays of beer into a trolley, bog off home and drink myself into oblivion Laughing

Maybe I'd think about seriously survivng 28 days later.
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

For starters I'd find a way into some of the governments secret bunkers and launch nukes at wierd places in the earth...Like canada. (j/k) And then I would stirp naked and wear nothing but a loin cloth searching the planet for a mate Wink

Just for starters.
graywolf
Commander
Commander

Member#: 2693

graywolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website graywolf's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And then I would stirp naked and wear nothing but a loin cloth searching the planet for a mate

An almost n^ked lego figure with a loin-cloth would be an interesting idea when you're ready for a new avatar. Wink
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Legolas wrote:
For starters I'd find a way into some of the governments secret bunkers and launch nukes at wierd places in the earth...Like canada. (j/k) And then I would stirp naked and wear nothing but a loin cloth searching the planet for a mate Wink

Just for starters.

What if you accidentally nuked the last woman on earth? Better change the order... mate first, nuke second... Wink
Belgium Tron
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4034

Tron is offline View user's profile Send private message Tron's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cocles wrote:
How about your food? Doofus.

Oh, food, didn't think of that. Ok, add a gun. but, first I would try live of canned food. if that runs out, i'll have to start hunting and growing my own vegetables.
Norway Muriel VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

aw

Member#: 333

Muriel is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Muriel's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't neccesarilly have to be the last person around... Remember I said nearly (although in parantheses)... So there might be other people up and about, albeight you might be in New York and the other guy or gal in LA and then a couple of people in Sydney. But would the other people have gone mad and would shoot you on sight? Just a risk one have to take... or it would make for further discussions (which was the main point... Discussion and not polls) Razz
Caliburn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

how long does canned food last?

I have no idea, I dont eat that stuff :-)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: