StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Ghost In The Shell OSTs
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added
View previous topic :: View next topic 
daydr3am3r
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 7602

daydr3am3r is offline View user's profile Send private message daydr3am3r's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:35 am   Post subject: Ghost In The Shell OSTs Reply with quote

I can't believe noone's requested those so far AFAIK?

Ghost In The Shell (Kenji Kawai):
Amazon Link

Ghost In The Shell 2: Innocence (Kenji Kawai):
Amazon Link

Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex (Yoko Kanno):
Amazon Link
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

We had Ghost in the Shell 1.

We removed it.

It's terrible.

A girl who can't sing trying to chant and tracks of nothing but monotonous drum beats.

Is Ghost in the Shell 2 any better?
Caliburn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am curious about the series one. It is done by Yoko Kanno. She (I thought she was a she) did Cowbow Bebop.
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound samples would be nice.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
daydr3am3r
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

daydr3am3r is offline View user's profile Send private message daydr3am3r's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me get things straight. Opinions are subjective. One person's cr*p is another's diamonds. Personally I like those soundtracks very much. 32 ppl on amazon apparently do so as well (not that numbers say anything but at least I'm not alone on saying this). Why does that have to do with a soundtrack being available on a database? I say let ppl decide themselves if it is good or bad, isn't that what ratings are for? Surely you can't like ALL 1500+ soundtracks that are on the database as well?

GitS 2 is in the same spirit more or less as the first one so I believe you'll also won't like it.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Fact: people complained about it every time someone requested it.
daydr3am3r
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

People complained about it? I can't understand what's so special behind GitS that makes it different than any other soundtracks as to gather so much negativity, assuming it is really bad. Has there been a statistical analysis that showed the *majority* of SST listeners ACTIVELY not wanting to listen to it? If yes, then I won't insist on the matter. If it's not a proven majority, why should those people not respect other ppl's tastes? Don't all of us have our preferences and our dislikes?
Caliburn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Fact: mayority of the admins don't like it.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

daydr3am3r wrote:
Has there been a statistical analysis that showed the *majority* of SST listeners ACTIVELY not wanting to listen to it?

Yeah, it's called our ratings system.

End of discussion. Now stand by your word and stop crying just because we said no to one of your requests. It's Jeric's site, and yes he does like all the tracks we play here.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

lol!

... but I am still curious about the Kanno one :-) What kind of style is it?
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Caliburn wrote:
Fact: people complained about it every time someone requested it.

We all complain about Moulin Rouge and Bryan Adams too. And I know for a fact there is an admin who doesn't like MR and and admin who doesn't like Bryan Adams.
Cadet 3

MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

With all due respect, irony and degradation do not help having a creative discussion. I did *not* know that the database maintained was purely based on the admin's likes and dislikes, which is totally acceptable, so obviously I will not insist. I didn't expect you to say yes to every request I may make, but it would be nice to have sincere, accurate, and straight answers if one chooses to participate in the discussion.

PS:
Jeric, if you can't find satisfactory samples online for any of those above I could provide you some.
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cocles wrote:
It's Jeric's site, and yes he does like all the tracks we play here.

What is it w/ newbies thinking a privately owned site is a democracy? It's Jeric's site and he gets to play what he wants. And if you don't like what's being played, there's a mute button. But daydr3am3r, complaining at the admins gets you no where, the admins are the gods of sst. If you want something, try being really nice.
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thuring, those tracks days are numbered.

Daydreamer, we were straight with you, with sincere and accurate answers, while your responses on the other hand were condescending and indignant in tone, as if you thought we were fools for not sharing your taste.

End of lecture?
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

daydr3am3r wrote:
PS:
Jeric, if you can't find satisfactory samples online for any of those above I could provide you some.

He did ask YOU to provide those, what makes you think jeric has time running all over to find samples of something you want?

Cocles - thank you! thank you!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: