StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

What's Wrong with Women?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Altoid
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 413

Altoid is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Altoid's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:49 pm   Post subject: What's Wrong with Women? Reply with quote

So What's Wrong with Women?

(if you'd like to post What's Wrong with Men, feel free! Smile )

self-reply: a group of women splitting the bill at a restaurant, they get out their calculators and divvy it up to the last penny. (Men instead all throw in a $20 and don't ask for change)

reading from the bottom up is probably more coherent

Obi-son: can't make up your minds
nessie: Alright then Legolas... what is the number one thing wrong with us?
legolas: no i prefer whats wrong with women... more to talk about there.
nessie: Why don't we change the subject to just plain, "What's wrong with people"?
Obi-son: *ponders new forum question
Altoid: there must be a way to combine the two though
nessie: I like my man... nothing wrong with him.
legolas: Sure does...
Altoid: should there be a "what's wrong with (you) men" topic to balance it out?
Altoid: @lego, now that sounds like a lively forum topic "what's wrong with (you) women"
Obi-son: i knew that one
nessie: I'm a woman, and even I think we're a little messed up.
nessie: tee hee hee
legolas: well we can start a list nessie
Obi-son: lol
nessie: why... myself of course. I don't know what's wrong with the rest of them...
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't think of anything... I was just saying there is soo mcuh wrong with women to razz nessie.... I didn't think a thread would be started....

but one thing i don't like is when women say they are going to do something and then not do it. like tell people what IS WORSE THAN ACTUALLY!
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing is wrong with women, it's the men.
Commander

Member#: 12

Sensei is offline View user's profile Send private message View Sensei's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

What can I say? Laughing
Lieutenant

Member#: 2617

GrooveMerchant is offline View user's profile Send private message GrooveMerchant's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

lmao, good times Sensei.
Hurr78
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

thuringwethil wrote:

Hmm. Care to elaborate on that?

Personally, I'd say women are often more messed up than men are. For example, look at how men and women fight. Men just have a fight and then the conflict is over. They don't hold grudges that can go on for years. Women won't actually fight, they scheme and plot and backstab each other, which is far worse in the long run.

Game theorists have actually run experiments using the prisoner's dilemma and found the following: Mixed gender pairs were the most cooperative, with pairs of men slightly behind. However, pairs of women were far less cooperative. They turned on each other for personal gain with far greater frequency.

The implication of that study ends up being that women tend to be very loyal to men (probably their mates in particular), but far less so when it comes to other women. In a general sense, men are more reliable.

Why we get these results is... (cue the ominous music)... open to your own personal interpretations.
USA schroddie
Commander
Commander

Member#: 7501

schroddie is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website schroddie's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:09 pm   Post subject: Re: What's Wrong with Women? Reply with quote

Altoid wrote:
(if you'd like to post What's Wrong with Men, feel free! Smile )

self-reply: a group of women splitting the bill at a restaurant, they get out their calculators and divvy it up to the last penny. (Men instead all throw in a $20 and don't ask for change)

That's because they don't carry bags, therefore they don't carry calculators! Mr. Green

As for "what's wrong with women?", I personally think that both women AND men play games and this is where the problem come from. They don't play the same games but they both do. And that's where the two genders stop understanding each other.
People don't speak frankly enough either or, when they do, they do it without putting the forms to say it nicely not to hurt the person.
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 82

megadith is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website megadith's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sensei, that was one of the funniest things ive read in a while. awesome!

Men and women both have their faults. they both play games and both think they know that the other knows what he/she are talking about. get it?

the only game i hate that women play is the "Whats the matter" game. It goes a little like this:

Girl: ...
Guy: whats the matter?
Girl: ... Nothing!...
Guy: Seriously, whats the matter?
Girl: ... I said nothing. *turns back to guy*
Guy: ...
Guy: Are you going to tell me why your upset?
Girl: I'M NOT MAD!

And this continues until you realized that 2 years ago today, that you and her had your first ice cream on a tuesday in the rain together. and games continue...
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 90

Pixie is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Pixie's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sensei, that was friggin' hilarious!!! LMAO!!
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

megadith wrote:

the only game i hate that women play is the "Whats the matter" game. It goes a little like this:

Guy: whats the matter?
Girl: ... Nothing!...
Guy: Seriously, whats the matter?
Girl: ... I said nothing. *turns back to guy*
Guy: ...
Guy: Are you going to tell me why your upset?
Girl: I'M NOT MAD!

It's the opposite in my house. If I am mad you know it and you know why, too.
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

thuring's not a woman! SHE'S A MAN BABY! YEAH...
Jazzman
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 7365

Jazzman is offline View user's profile Send private message Jazzman's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sensei, that was pretty hilarious. One of my favorites is a quote from Dave Barry's book Dave Barry's Complete Guide to Guys:

"Let's say a guy named Roger is attracted to a woman named Elaine. He asks her out to a movie; she accepts; they have a pretty good time. A few nights later he asks her out to dinner, and again they enjoy themselves. They continue to see each other regularly, and after a while neither one of them is seeing anybody else.

"And then, one evening when they're driving home, a thought occurs to Elaine, and, without really thinking, she says it aloud: "Do you realize that, as of tonight, we've been seeing each other for exactly six months?"

"And then there is silence in the car. To Elaine, it seems like a very loud silence. She thinks to herself: Geez, I wonder if it bothers him that I said that. Maybe he's been feeling confined by our relationship; maybe he thinks I'm trying to push him into some kind of obligation that he doesn't want, or isn't sure of.

"And Roger is thinking: Gosh. Six months.

"And Elaine is thinking: But, hey, I'm not so sure I want this kind of relationship, either. Sometimes I wish I had a little more space, so I'd have time to think about whether I really want us to keep going the way we are, moving steadily toward... I mean, where are we going? Are we just going to keep seeing each other at this level of intimacy? Are we heading toward marriage? Toward children? Toward a lifetime together? Am I ready for that level of commitment? Do I really even know this person?

"And Roger is thinking:... so that means it was... let's see... February when we started going out, which was right after I had the car at the dealer's, which means... lemme check the odometer... Whoa! I am way overdue for an oil change here. "

There's more, but I didn't want to take up too much space. If you thought this much was funny, go here to read the continuation of Roger and Elaine's thinking.
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Legolas wrote:
thuring's not a woman! SHE'S A MAN BABY! YEAH...

Lego! No, but that is prehaps why i don't get along with MOST women. They are petty, maniuplating, whining, oversenstitive, backstabbing. Oh, maybe i should change my initial post.

(And for the record, Pixie isn't included, I like her)
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurr78 wrote:
thuringwethil wrote:

Read my post in response to lego = I changed my mind.
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

thuringwethil wrote:
Hurr78 wrote:
thuringwethil wrote:

Read my post in response to lego = I changed my mind.

see right there thuring changed her mind. lol.
Sensei that was great.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: