StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

What's Wrong with Women?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA rebeccabutterfly
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Member#: 3098

rebeccabutterfly is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website rebeccabutterfly's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, whenever you ginuenly care about a man and ask him what is wrong, he says "nothing" because he's so manly and thinks can deal with everyhthing. He doesnt go to the doctor unless a woman convinces him that he's going to die, but he complains to her unceasingly whenever he get a little sniffle.

As for women, we wish that you could read our minds, because we don't want to speak our minds and seem crazy. You see, if that woman in jazz's story were to say everything she were thinking it would freak the guy out. And if she knew the guy were thinking about an oil change, then she would freak out. It does go both ways.

But as for the question on the thread... what is wrong with women is that they try to be men these days. They think that with burning their bras they are burning away all their problems because they think that the way men treat them is the root of all their problems. Seriously whats up with that? Men are the providers, let them provide. Women are more suited to bring up children, so stop trying to get a job and raise your child(ren). Stay together and work together is what I say. If we keep saying that something is wrong with women ... then nothing is ever going to change and instead women will just feel inferior and start to be defensive ... which leads us back to feminism. I can see that most women here are agreeing with the men ... but I think the only problem with women is people saying just that ... it makes women ashamed to be women because they have such a bad wrap.

I think its a total misunderstanding. MEN: Once you truly understand a woman, there is no way you can say something is "wrong with her" .. it just makes you want to embrace her and let her be that wonderful woman. WOMEN: Once you take the time and energy to truly understand a guy, there is no way to say that there is something "wrong with him" (unless you just get mad at him) and it makes you want to be a better woman for him because he's so good at being such a great man.

Also, as soon as we start saying something is wrong with someone else, it gives them an excuse to act in a "wrong" way (because they cant help it, there's something inherently wrong with them). So I say stop that and embrace differences (to a point of course).

I'm still writing only because I am procrastinating. Have a wonderful day!

**disclaimer: I'm not totally against how feminism started but thats another story. All of the beliefs expressed here have not been fully developed.**

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebecca should start a blog ;-)
USA rebeccabutterfly
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

rebeccabutterfly is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website rebeccabutterfly's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a journal that I keep to myself and a blog as well. Its just a matter of getting your hands on them : ) I write for myself most of the time in those, though ... I don't openly share them because I offend people with my views, and thats the last thing I want to do ... alienate people. Besides, as you can see, I don't put my thoughts into words very effictively : )
Commander

Member#: 2693

graywolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website graywolf's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Cal said:
Rebecca should start a blog Wink

Is that the same Cal who doesn't understand why I blog? Wink

Quote:
Becky said:
I have a journal that I keep to myself and a blog

Never put anything in a blog that you wouldn't want your spouse/significant other/ worst enemy or boss to read. They will always find out eventually and then you've got that big ugly mess to deal with. You can of course write a little further from the edge, but thats nowhere near as cathardic and self cleansing, it also doesn't allow other to make fun of your childhood developmental issues.

So can we see it?
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="graywolf"]
Quote:

Never put anything in a blog that you wouldn't want your spouse/significant other/ worst enemy or boss to read. They will always find out eventually and then you've got that big ugly mess to deal with. You can of course write a little further from the edge, but thats nowhere near as cathardic and self cleansing, it also doesn't allow other to make fun of your childhood developmental issues.

Ditto

Quote:
So can we see it?

Yeah come on becky let us see it

Last edited by thuringwethil on Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
USA rebeccabutterfly
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I;m not ashamed of who I am. Yeah, finders keepers, like I already said.
Lieutenant

Member#: 7220

filmgoerjuan is offline View user's profile Send private message filmgoerjuan's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one who bookmarked Becky's blog when she first announced it?

Sheesh!
Caliburn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I cant find it in the blog thread :-|
Caray
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 243

Caray is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Caray's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

rebeccabutterfly wrote:
Men are the providers, let them provide. Women are more suited to bring up children, so stop trying to get a job and raise your child(ren).
.**

The problem with that mentality is that little calculation : Men = provider = decider because women are more suited to take care of kids and bring 'nothing' (money) to the household. After all it is the husband who takes all the hard work and responsibilities, all the financial anguish...

In France women got the right to vote in 1946, the right to have a bank account without the agreement of their husband in 1970, the right to work without their husband agreement at around the same time. In South Africa they still ask for the husband's signature at the bank. My mother grew up knowing that she would legally be inferior because, you know, women are only suited for household duties, one cannot expect them to tackle the dangers and responsabilities of the wide world, it is the duties of her husband to whom she had to submit. It changed, a lot, and I'm quite pleased with it. If a woman wants to stay at home to raise her kids (and if she can afford it), the more power to her. It is her choice and I admire those who do it, I would probably go mad myself without a job. To go back to the one-size-fit-all is not to my mind a good thing either for men or women. Not all women are good stay-at-home mom, not all men are good-provider-and-defender-of-the-household.

rebeccabutterfly wrote:

MEN: Once you truly understand a woman, there is no way you can say something is "wrong with her" .. it just makes you want to embrace her and let her be that wonderful woman. WOMEN: Once you take the time and energy to truly understand a guy, there is no way to say that there is something "wrong with him" (unless you just get mad at him) and it makes you want to be a better woman for him because he's so good at being such a great man.**

Women are from Venus, Men are from Mars. Great book. Laughing

All right, end of the ramble.
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

This whole thread makes me sick to my stomach....

Here is an idea for everyone... Don't generalize. Always say some women and some men... Some retard will come in here thinking you are insulting them and post a half page of rubbish...

And.... scene.
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

lmao lego - there is a happy medium somewhere, but you can't generalize. My husband and I are the complete opposite of the generalization.
And I am somewhere in the middle on the womens issues. I think women should stay at home and raise their kids if they choose to have kids, but if they choose to work, they should be paid the same thing as their male counterparts.
Lieutenant Commander

aw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

So what happens when they get pregnant in the middle of their career? (and I'm really just wondering what your position is on it ... and not to attack you, just to know how other people feel and why)
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

rebeccabutterfly wrote:
So what happens when they get pregnant in the middle of their career? (and I'm really just wondering what your position is on it ... and not to attack you, just to know how other people feel and why)

Then you stay home and raise your child instead of paying someone else to do it. When you subtract sleeping time and time your child is at daycare, you will only spend about 20 hours a week with your child, what kind of life is that?
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of us don't have much of a choice, thuring.
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

mellowman wrote:
Some of us don't have much of a choice, thuring.

Understood, but England is also set up totally different.

In the US you must make at least $40,000 USD to break even to work outside the home. (Because of added cost like meals out drycleaning, etc) But that is why i work at home.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: