StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$154.46

3 Donations:
$345.54

StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-5) Shru $50.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-3) Anonymous $50.00
Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

What crazy/stupid stuff did you do in College/University?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

thuringwethil wrote:
rebeccabutterfly wrote:

... by the way, why would I brag about being stupid anyway? ...

I never bragged about being stupid. But one thing i learned is not to judge others or think i am better than they are when I have never been where they have.

What's wrong with judging people, or thinking you're wiser if not better than they are because you were wise enough to not get yourselves into those situations in the first place?

And don't try to get all, "this is for ecucational purposes only" on us. The whole tone of this thread has been bragging, rolling your eyes, and laughing. Give me a break.
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't call it bragging C. I just don't hide the truth. A question was asked, I answered. Laughing - yes, I did a lot of dumb things in college.
Lieutenant

Member#: 7220

filmgoerjuan is offline View user's profile Send private message filmgoerjuan's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cocles wrote:
What's wrong with judging people, or thinking you're wiser if not better than they are because you were wise enough to not get yourselves into those situations in the first place?

There's nothing wrong with judging people or thinking you're wiser if not better than they are.

Just don't expect to be too popular when you share your opinions with the people you're judging Wink
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thur, last I checked, Becky and I were both referring to this thread in General. When did it become all about you?

FilmgoerJuan, Indeed.
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I never said it did. I said I wasn't bragging about the stuff i did.
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

When did this thread become about bragging or judging? I just thought it would be kind of fun to talk about some of our past screw ups. Don't take it so seriously, people Wink
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurr78 wrote:
When did this thread become about bragging or judging? I just thought it would be kind of fun to talk about some of our past screw ups. Don't take it so seriously, people Wink

me too hurr
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

thuringwethil wrote:
I never said it did. I said I wasn't bragging about the stuff i did.

My point was, you certainly seemed to be taking Becky's comments personally, when they weren't necessarily about you.
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

that is b/c she seems to be very judgemental towards a lot of people at this site, and I was just explaining that i personally wasn't bragging.
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Member#: 3098

rebeccabutterfly is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website rebeccabutterfly's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

thuringwethil wrote:
that is b/c she seems to be very judgemental towards a lot of people at this site

ouch! (seriously) thats the last thing I want to do. Thanks for pointing it out, i'll be a little more careful with my words.

Let me know if I need to be careful about being contradictory and voicing my opinions, too.

(btw cocles ... im behind you 100%)
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

rebeccabutterfly wrote:
thuringwethil wrote:
that is b/c she seems to be very judgemental towards a lot of people at this site

ouch! (seriously) thats the last thing I want to do. Thanks for pointing it out, i'll be a little more careful with my words.

Let me know if I need to be careful about being contradictory and voicing my opinions, too.

(btw cocles ... im behind you 100%)

becky you came out in the forum and accused one person you don't know of having an affair. You even complained about the sexiest contest, then entered it anyway. I would rather you just pick a side and stand for it. And like I said you are young, when I went off to college I was exactly like you. Except for a couple of escapades in high school, i didn't drink or anything when i left for college. Not saying you will, but just saying we were all kind of making fun of ourselves and the dumb things we did and like Hurr said it was just a fun post. But do you not find it odd that you complained about the primace of the sexiest contest then entered it, and happened to come closer to showing cleavage than anyone else? Like I said pick a side and stand up for what you believe in, but don't judge others for somewhere you have never been. When you are my age and want to come back and say hey I did it and never compromised anything, then more power to you.
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Member#: 3098

rebeccabutterfly is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website rebeccabutterfly's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

1) im still trying to figure out what I believe in.

2) just like you I had personal issues with entering the contest (which can be explained if you reallly want to know). I got over those issues recently, since I said I wasnt gonna enter.

3) I apologized sincerely for saying what I did a long time ago. (regarding the affair thing) - I still feel horrible about it but am realizing that i did all that i could do by offering a very genuine apology ... i cant force someone to forgive me

4) I do stand up for what i believe in. I also am being molded every day into who i ultimately want to be, so sorry if i realize that the way i was wasnt "right" and want to remend where i have been wrong.

5) some people were also saying how they didnt get into much trouble at college, and i was poking fun at myself for being a square. i was trying to be fun about it.

5) I didnt mean to offend you by ALMOST showing cleavage. it was a hot day, and I thought it was a sexy contest. (hypothetically ... would it make you feel better to know that i wasnt wearing any pants when i took that picture but decided to leave that detail out of the picture?)

6) I don't compromise.
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I know your issues with it, you claim to be a Christian, i can understand your problem with the contest based on that. I didn't see a problem with your picture at all, I thought it was a good picture. But as for the comment you made (the one you previously left out), does that really go along with your morals?

Your post sounded judgemental nothing sounded like you were making fun of yourself. and you did make a compromise, i actually admired you for not entering b/c of your beliefs.

It's okay to grow and be molded, but figure out what you stand for now and stick with it. Trust me on this. like i said i was exactly like you and i made a lot of bad choices that i am still paying for. I always said i never compromised, but then little things like changing my mind on sexy or making comments about not wearing pants, etc. will slowly lead you where you don't want to go, i promise.
I would love to talk to you on im anytime
my im is whiteladyofrohan2004@hotmail.com on msn
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

rebeccabutterfly wrote:
would it make you feel better to know that i wasnt wearing any pants when i took that picture but decided to leave that detail out of the picture?

*gulp*, ummm... yeah! Razz

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for proving my point jeric Wink
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: