StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$154.46

3 Donations:
$345.54

StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-5) Shru $50.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-3) Anonymous $50.00
Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

What crazy/stupid stuff did you do in College/University?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
graywolf
Commander
Commander

Member#: 2693

graywolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website graywolf's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm rubber you're glue
whatever you say bounces off me sticks to you ...

(thought I would save y'all the trouble since you're going to get there anyway)
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

graywolf wrote:
I'm rubber you're glue
whatever you say bounces off me sticks to you ...

(thought I would save y'all the trouble since you're going to get there anyway)

nope i was done, i felt anything else needed to go to im. i just don't like it when people judge other people or can't stand by their own words or promises (that was a general statement becky not directed at you)
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Member#: 3098

rebeccabutterfly is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website rebeccabutterfly's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Gray! thats the phrase I was looking for ... thanks for saving me the energy ... I need it for other things ... like going crazy in college.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

rebeccabutterfly wrote:
would it make you feel better to know that i wasnt wearing any pants when i took that picture

Oh man.... I had a terrible morning until now..

Thank you Becca! :D
Hurr78
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get too excited, Cal. I believe she said "hypothetically" before that phrase Wink

Anyhow, this was actually an interesting debate to read through. I think you all raised some interesting points. Becca, I have to agree that some of your past posts have seemed kind of judgemental. But at the same time, that didn't really bother me. After all, sometimes an issue has to be put into strong words before people will really get into debating it.
USA rebeccabutterfly
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

rebeccabutterfly is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website rebeccabutterfly's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

thuringwethil wrote:
I know your issues with it, you claim to be a Christian, i can understand your problem with the contest based on that.

I never said i was against it because i was christian.
When i was arguing about entering the contest i was saying that i MIGHT not enter. i never said i wasnt going to. I was also arguing with pixie who didnt even enter (i guess she changed her opinion too? - which i dont have a problem with) I said i was a self-respecting young woman (because thats what i ATTEMPT to be. i understand that i probbly fall short). I also said i had a personal issue with it and i avoided going into that (but it is explained below). I also said didnt wanna get put up on the judging block ... but i did it anyway, to have fun ... because i realized thats all it was, thank goodness. I didnt think it was right to bully people into entering that had personal issues with it ... and that was my main point.

I was against entering it on a personal level because im so extremely self-conscious since i got hit by an 18-wheeler and have (to me they seem) huge scars on my face (that have healed a lot since i was saying i didnt wanna be in the contest. plus i have been around a lot of people after coming back to college and have been forced to get over it since im around billions of people who look at me every day).

..and yes that was a hypothetical question to lighten the mood to show that this is all not such a huge dramatic deal.

NOTE: I'm just defending myself and what I said. i dont want to argue, i just want understanding.

"Why can't we be friends"
Pixie
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 90

Pixie is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Pixie's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Becky, why are you bringing me into this?

I said I would enter if Cocles did. He didn't, so I didn't. I did not change my mind.

I've been sitting here silent the entire time because I didn't feel it was worth getting involved in this conversation. Personally, I think you should judge people to a point. If you don't judge people, how do you know who you want to surround yourself with? I'm not going to go on about this here, perhaps my blog is a more appropriate place for that.

I have a few comments in closing:

Becky: be cautious of whose names you drag into a conversation. I was behind you the whole way until you dragged me in with a false statement. And if I egged you on to enter, it was just for fun to see your reaction. (And I know you do the same thing to people, so don't even go there.)

Thur: I'm not going to say most of the comments I'm thinking because I have more tact than that. However, I think showing cleavage for a sexy contest would be the way to win. I mean, really- this goes for all of the girls. What do you think the guys want to see in a "sexy" contest? A tee shirt? Or a low cut top with the top of "the girls" showing? Duh! Rolling Eyes

Let's all try to lighten up a bit and try to have fun. SST is a place to have fun, relax and laugh at all of the dinguses (or dingi, if you prefer) Wink
USA rebeccabutterfly
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

pixie. well i didnt mean to bring you into it. ill be more careful with the names i mention next time i apologize. also, i didnt know thats why you didnt enter. but also like i said i never had a problem with it. I was sure you had a good reason. i know you were just egging me on and i will always enjoy taking egging on. (apparently) i shouldnt have used you as an example of changing your mind, because now i see thats not what you did. i apologize. I'm glad you egged me on to enter though : ) wish i coulda seen you.. perhaps another time.

yeah so how does that relax thing go again?
this morning avril was singing "freak out let it go"
Captain

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Pixie - I totally agree about the contest, it was a sexy contest and should have had more cleavage. My point was becky is always going around acting so prudish and not wanting to be in a sexy contest. That was all. I expected someone to show something.

And yes you should look at peoples actions to decide wether or not you want to be around them, but that doesn't mean you have to stand in judgement of them. I see that as two different things.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 7277

doodle is offline View user's profile Send private message doodle's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Three words people.

Let. It. Go.

That is all.
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the topic please.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

JERIC wrote:
Back to the topic please.

Which was?

Oh yeah dumb things we did in college - so Jeric what did you do?

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

no comment Smile

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

oh come on jeric spill it
Commander

Member#: 2693

graywolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website graywolf's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps skulked around with cans of spray paint creating elaborate canis lupus themed artwork displays on the exterior walls of schools or commercial institutions, oh no that was someone else ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: