StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

SST's Sexiest Man and Woman of the Year - 2004.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Caliburn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:39 am   Post subject: SST's Sexiest Man and Woman of the Year - 2004. Reply with quote

Okay boys and girls! You know what time it is? It's time for the third annual edition of our favorite contest:

SST's Sexiest Man and Woman of the Year - 2004.

Want to join the Sexy Hall of Fame with our previous winners Hart and Cocles as sexiest man and Sarbear as sexiest woman? Of course you do! And why oh why must you enter? Because it's fun and if you don't we will ragon. Not for just a couple weeks, mind you, but for years! Don't believe me? Ask Altoid.

So what's the prize? A year of Fame and Fortune, of course. Fame as one of our sexiest, and the fortune of a free year long VIP SST membership. Already a VIP member? I'm sure we'll be able to dish something up for you.

So ask a friend who has a camera to take a picture of you, and send it to cal@streamingsoundtracks.com. And if you think "Hell I'm ugly and don't wanna", well... I had 0 votes last year and even that isn't going to stop me!

Deadlines: Pictures must arrive before 12:01am on the 13th of September (chat time). Voting will then take place until 12:01am on the
20th.

And this year NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ALLOWED, Legolas.

As far as Guidelines go, remember that this is a sexy contest, NOT a photoshop contest! Hiding a zit is fine, but go too far and your pic will be disqualified. Also, your photo must be CURRENT, as in, not much more than a year old. And in the tradition of the "Hart Rule" previous winners are the only ones who can get away with sitting back and just being a spectator (see it as part of their prize) **). Them and JERIC I mean, because, well... He's JERIC and he outranks us.

So get those cameras and start shooting. Cry babies with excuses will be summarily consumed by Cocles and hear he's hungry.

**) A rule Cocles made up himself. You can complain if you want Cool

EDIT: link to last years contest removed. Those website are temporarely disabled.

Last edited by Caliburn on Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:24 am; edited 2 times in total
USA rebeccabutterfly
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Member#: 3098

rebeccabutterfly is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website rebeccabutterfly's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a VIP membership is pleanty incentive to enter. Good job Cal, I'm sure there will be pleanty of participation this year, and may the prettiest win!
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

What amazes me is how many people there are in the chat right now who had no idea that the 2003 gallery has been up all year.

Anyways, if and of you ripe bastards want a better shot of my face, you might want to peruse the Triumphant ClemWolf Theory thread....
SlowMo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 29

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

What amazes me even more is the fact Legolas got 3rd place with a lousy picture that looks like he wiped his behind with it, before he ironed it and scanned it.

I'll be entering by the way.. I'm going to regret it again, no doubt... But what the heck.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaah yeah the game is on. I have received the first picture of ******. And it is a juicy one. Hard to beat!

edit: name removed

Last edited by Caliburn on Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total
USA rebeccabutterfly
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

rebeccabutterfly is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website rebeccabutterfly's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

slow mo, you've definately got a chance.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

**** sent one too. I have to resize some of the pictures. So you know in advance.

Contest has started now for both sexes. Let the best one win!

edit: Name removed

Last edited by Caliburn on Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total
graywolf
Commander
Commander

Member#: 2693

graywolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website graywolf's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone needs any help resizing or croping of your pictures please send it to me ( graywolf@streamingsoundtracks.com ) I'll be glad to help you out.
Lieutenant Commander

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well what's the size of the picture, and of the thumbnail?

I noticed last year that my thumbnail was not very clear, and that some people didn't know they had to click the thumbnails to see the picture the contestants actually sent in.

I'd rather have the thumbnail be a partial crop of the real picture and not a plain resize. So I'd love to have the dimensions of both thumb and picture, so I can provide both.
Commodore

aw

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, good idea SlowMy.

If there's one thing the sexy contests have taught me, it how horribly, blatantly, and literally stupid some of our members are.

And I don't mean "name calling stupid" I mean just literally unintelligent.

People not realizing that the thumbnails led to bigger pictures was good.

But the better ones, were those who voted without looking at the photos because they couldn't find the gallery.

When I would tell them that it was link given in the very first post they'd say, "Oh... I didn't think to look there."

Some people should just be herded around with cattle prods. They'd probably be a lot happier too.
USA rebeccabutterfly
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are you complaining, Cocles? You won ... and you get to sit out of this year's competition.

But I do agree that there are a whole lot of idiots hanging around here asking stupid questions. Its a good thing we have that great mean & condescending FAQ ... it really cuts down on the explaining time on our part.

And let me get this straight, we're not going to see anybody's picture until after the 13th? And ditto slowmo's qustion about sizes.
Commander

Member#: 6471

Tjoe is offline View user's profile Send private message Tjoe's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

heh heh, Cal must've gotten my Tom Selleck picture by mistake.... must retry... hmmm, Matt Leblanc this time perhaps. Very Happy
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

rebeccabutterfly wrote:
Why are you complaining, Cocles? You won ... and you get to sit out of this year's competition.

Yeah, but I'm also the one who single handedly created the Sexy contest and ran it for two years. So I got to be the one right up there at the front dealing with the people who voted for someone randomly because they couldn't find the gallery right in front of their face.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

People who have entered so far:

2 male and 3 females.

edit: removed the names. To keep it more mysterious :-)

Last edited by Caliburn on Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total
SlowMo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember having read an article about a study some university once made that proved that people vote differently for a contest where names are accompanying the pictures than they would for the same contest with the same pictures but withour the names.. Something to do with subconsciously not liking certain names.

For some reason the most beautiful pic in the contest without names only got half the votes when the name was alongside it (gertrude).

Okay, this is getting long-winded.. My suggestion is :

Idea Should we show the images without names of participants but just with numbers, and make the names known after the voting? I mean it could be an explanation why Cal only got one vote last year.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: