StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Popup when chat is visible?

View previous topic :: View next topic 
Marko
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 454

Marko is offline View user's profile Send private message Marko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:20 am   Post subject: Popup when chat is visible? Reply with quote

I think this only happens when the chat is visible, but i am not sure. anyways, I use firefox and I get this little popup window that says "Java script program" or something to that effect in the title bar. the message says something to the effect of "Click ok below to install IE plugin" the issue is that i get the same popup using IE except the title bar says "Microsoft Internet Explorer", I do not want to click on he buttons so I try to CTRL-ALT-DEL it but it is not in the list, so I click the x in the corner, the damn thing comes back, about 2-5 times each time it pops up, and it is insessant. I finally gave up and clicked cancel and it did the same thing, so I clicked ok, and it came back again! if anyone else is having this problem, please post it here and maybe if you have a solution you can post that too.

Thankyou so much.

ps. sorry about the language, it just makes me so mad because I can not do anything untill it goes away.
Commander
Commander

Member#: 12

Sensei is offline View user's profile Send private message View Sensei's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, thats strange. The chat is pure html output and no plugin is required to use it so I don't think that is what's causing the trouble. Which version of firefox are you using? What is the url (the address in the address bar) when this message appears? If I were you I would do a virus/threat scan with e.g. Norton Antivirus. I'm not too familiar with Firefox but I do know that the net is full of spyware, adware, dialers etc. You never know, and better safe than sorry.
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same pop-up problem when I use IE to visit the site. I ran Norton Antivirus and Ad Aware, and I still get the popups.
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

It happens when you run your cursor over one of the fast click ads. It's a bit annoying. I will replace the javascript ads with standard ones.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Marko
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 454

Marko is offline View user's profile Send private message Marko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou jeric
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: