StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Lukas Moodyson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Hurr78
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:04 am   Post subject: Lukas Moodyson Reply with quote

This evening I was at the Toronto Film Festival, checking out the premiere of the latest cinematic effort by Swedish director Lukas Moodyson. Before the film, a festival rep came out and said that this film (Hole in My Heart) was likely the most audacious, boundary-pushing film at the festival this year... and I'd be hard pressed to disagree. I don't even know how to comment much on this film without extensive spoilers, so let me just say that you guys should check this one out if you're into films that really push the envelope. On the other hand, if you think that you're a person with a weak stomach, stay away from it. Smile It's certainly more severe than anything Moodyson has done before.

Has anybody seen Moodyson's previous films ("Show me Love" etc.)? If so, how do you feel about his work?
Canada filmgoerjuan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 7220

filmgoerjuan is offline View user's profile Send private message filmgoerjuan's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen both Show Me Love and Together. Loved the first and enjoyed (albeit gradually, as the film went on) the second.

They're both interesting films...there's serious subject matter in both, though the mood is mostly lighthearted and skewed towards the humourous. I would definitely go to see more films by him, based on his track record.
Hurr78
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

You know Juan, your reactions to Show Me Love and Together were pretty much the same as mine. Show Me Love was particularly upbeat. His new film, A Hole in My Heart is not nearly as upbeat... but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't recommend it. At least, as long as you have a strong stomach. Smile
Canada filmgoerjuan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

filmgoerjuan is offline View user's profile Send private message filmgoerjuan's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurr78 wrote:
His new film, A Hole in My Heart is not nearly as upbeat... but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't recommend it. At least, as long as you have a strong stomach. Smile

I'm always wary when films get promoted (as critics/festival people seem to be doing with Moodysson's latest)with warnings about how shocking or daring or envelope-pushing they are. Perhaps I'm just a jaded old filmgoer, but I don't think I've seen a film billed that way that has lived up to the hype (at least to the shockingness of it, that is). I mean, I've stomached Pasolini's Salo, Michael Haneke's Funny Games...usually when something shocks me, it's not depravity or amorality, it's much more subtle.

That said, I have enjoyed Moodysson's films, so I think I'll be checking this one out at the Vancouver International Film Festival later this month.
Canada filmgoerjuan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw "Hole in My Heart"...ugh!

That was one mess of a film. David Lynch and Peter Greenaway only *wish* they were that self-indulgent Wink

Hurr78 wrote:
I don't even know how to comment much on this film without extensive spoilers

Given that nothing much really happens during the film, I think it's pretty hard to spoil it for anyone. I mean, are people going to be upset if I reveal that there's a tumble dryer scene?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: