StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Carmina Burana

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Marko
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 454

Marko is offline View user's profile Send private message Marko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:57 am   Post subject: Carmina Burana Reply with quote

I went and saw Carmina Burana the other week, and all I can say is WOW! It was way better than I expected it to be and I expected it to be great. It was that good. I would recomend anyone who likes exciting music to go see it, when you follow along in the book that they give you it can be quite entertaining too. I had several good laughs. If you ever get an opportunity to see this, I say you should go see it. You too will find it worth the effort and money. The lady sitting next to me was on the edge of her seat the whole time and you could see her struggling not to clap when she should not. Even that was entertaining. The whole experience is one that I shall treasure for a long time to come. Now that I have seen this, I need to see Die Fledermaus. Excuse me if I spelled that wrong and feel free to correct me. I am still amazed at that preformance by the DSO and the Estonian National Mens Choir. And again I urge everyone to see it if they ever get the chance, you will not be dissapointed.

Marko
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 7365

Jazzman is offline View user's profile Send private message Jazzman's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Marko, you are a lucky man. I would love to see a live performance of Carmina Burana. I actually have two separate recordings of the cantata because I love it so much (although I'm a bit particular about how certain parts should be played). I have had the pleasure of seeing live performances of The Planets and Beethoven's Ninth Symphony. Those are experiences you just can't put onto a CD.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 243

Caray is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Caray's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Carmina Burana. And some of the songs are hilarious. Lucky you. Where did you go, what choir, director ?
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, it's a great piece of music. But I hadn't ever thought of it as hilarious, Caray. Wink
Marko
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 454

Marko is offline View user's profile Send private message Marko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

the max m fischer music hall in detroit, Jarvi was directing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: