StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

winamp can't connect to live365

View previous topic :: View next topic 
skywalker128
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 314

skywalker128 is offline View user's profile Send private message View skywalker128's Favorites
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:42 am   Post subject: winamp can't connect to live365 Reply with quote

I used to bookmarked live365 in my winamp, but I deleted it accidentally. Now I try to bookmark it again (using the same way in FAQ - live365).After I hit "play" in that live365 player windows, the winamp has lunched but it has no connection, only show "play[1]". I try to bookmark this and see what it is, and its show this - C:\Documents and Settings\tsui\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\BLPRMEU9\play[1].pls.

Now I've to go to live365 page and open their player to listen. Is there any way to get around this? or anyone have the same problem as me? I'll be much appreciate if someone can help me out!!

Thanks in advance!
Lieutenant

Member#: 7220

filmgoerjuan is offline View user's profile Send private message filmgoerjuan's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been my experience that the Live365 stream link that you get expires after about 24 hours or so. Whenever I fire up yesterday's old link I get a 16K stream reading out an error message.

Have to delete that link, go to Live365, login and relaunch the SST stream. Works just fine then.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

try

internet explorer >> tools >> internet options >> delete files >> mark delete all offline content >> press ok

That should do it.
skywalker128
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

skywalker128 is offline View user's profile Send private message View skywalker128's Favorites
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you filmgoer & Caliburn for your quick reply. I've tried both method but the problem still exist. Is there anything wrong with my setting in winamp? I'm using version 5.05.
Thanks again!
Commander

Member#: 980

Robert_Locksley is offline View user's profile Send private message Robert_Locksley's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

That should've done the trick. Maybe L365 had problems for a bit...I don't know. Like filmgoerjuan, I had to login everytime. Now, I have a bookmark in Winamp that goes straight there...so, I'm not sure I can suggest anything new.
Cadet 4

ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Robert_Locksley for your reply! But my problem cannot be solved at the moment.

Is there anyone kind enough to try to lunch their winamp through live365 player? If he/she have the same problem, then live365 had problem but not mine!

Thanks in advance!
Commander

Member#: 6471

Tjoe is offline View user's profile Send private message Tjoe's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

skywalker - I would try to reset the Listener Settings by choosing their Player365 (the web window) and see if I could get the stream that way 1st. If the stream works, then set it back to using WinAmp and you should be okay. If the stream still doesn't work, then something might be blocking it. Is this at work or home that you are having trouble? One of my connections at work lets me get the L365 pages but blocks the actual stream.

If the Player365 (web window) works but WinAmp still doesn't, you should consider using the Radio365 player instead. You never have to go to L365's site to start up, just start the program and hit a preset.
Cadet 4

ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tjoe for your replay.

Player365 work fine, and I've tried to set it back and fore to winamp, but it still dosen't work!! I'm listening at home and I'm using ZoneAlarm. Will ZoneAlarm causing this problem??

Thank you everyone for your time!
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If pressing play doesn't work for me (but it usually does) then I CTRL-L on Winamp to open the URL. Browser through the picklist for Live365 stream with jeri_sst or jericthor in the address.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
skywalker128
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jeric.

I can find my bookmark now. However the live365 player still doesn't work. but that's ok, my problem is solved.

Thanks everyone!^_^
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: