StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Tonight show... with Conan.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:55 am   Post subject: Tonight show... with Conan. Reply with quote

Jay plans to retire in 2009... Conan O'Brian will take over...is that cool with you? who else would you have picked.

so What do you think? I have heard a lot of older people say "WTF M8"

I like conan, and I think he'll do a fine job... I wonder if triumph will follow... along with the masterbating bear???
Canada filmgoerjuan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 7220

filmgoerjuan is offline View user's profile Send private message filmgoerjuan's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow I suspect the masturbating bear will have to be shot from the waist up when Conan moves over to "The Tonight Show" Wink

I wonder if they'll make Conan move out to L.A. or do the show in NYC (where I believe it originated).
USA megadith
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 82

megadith is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website megadith's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly, i dont know if this will work for NBC. I like Conan and all, but i don 'tknow if he's still Tonight Show quality. but i don't know, i have a biased opinion. I love letterman too much to change the channel.
Commander

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally never thought Jay was that great... he would always speak over the guests... But I really can't think of who else could take that job... OTHER THAN ME...(who needs expereince)
Patje
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 482

Patje is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Patje's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Although we haven't got NBC here in Holland anymore, I did love the Conan show. Jay was OK but Conan did push the edge a little more. Especially around the time when USA got to pick a new president. I loved the parody about Bob Dole.
(Wow, it's that long we haven't got NBC *tear*).
Lieutenant

Member#: 2617

GrooveMerchant is offline View user's profile Send private message GrooveMerchant's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotta put in another one for Conan. Nothing wrong with Leno in my book though, I just appreciate Conan's style of humor better.
Hopefully NBC doesn't try to watter him down and cut the more edgy bits, if ya know what I mean.
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like Conan or Jay, just a die hard letterman fan I guess
And i don't like conan's brand of humor, it's just not funny
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

well... Conan is for the YOUNGER crowd... Most OLD people are put off by it...Wink
Pixie
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 90

Pixie is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Pixie's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

OOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

LMAO!

Feel the burn!
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Within the United States (or at least how it's viewed within LA) Letterman vs. Leno is an east coast/west coast thing.

Generally speaking an east coast audience is more likely to enjoy Letterman's type of humor, while a west coast audience is more likely to enjoy Leno.

This was was very similar with Seinfeld and Friends in which the east coast viewers would tend to enjoy Seinfeld's sort of humor while the west coast viewers generally preferred the type of humor on Friends.
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cocles wrote:
Within the United States (or at least how it's viewed within LA) Letterman vs. Leno is an east coast/west coast thing.

Generally speaking an east coast audience is more likely to enjoy Letterman's type of humor, while a west coast audience is more likely to enjoy Leno.

This was was very similar with Seinfeld and Friends in which the east coast viewers would tend to enjoy Seinfeld's sort of humor while the west coast viewers generally preferred the type of humor on Friends.

Well growing up in Texas, I guess that makes me in the middle - I'm a Letterman/Friends person.
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I've always liked Leno better than Letterman (who I don't find very funny at all) but I'd take Conan over either of those two any day. I don't know if he is the right choice for the Tonight Show, but this change will definitely make me more likely to tune in.
shock
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 3465

shock is offline View user's profile Send private message shock's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've always liked Leno better than Letterman (who I don't find very funny at all) but I'd take Conan over either of those two any day.

Yeah, me too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: