StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

No John Williams for Harry Potter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
dalekmindprobe
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 5486

dalekmindprobe is offline View user's profile Send private message dalekmindprobe's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a bummer he isnt doing it. Especially if John Williams winds up being treated badly on Memoirs of a Geisha, which he wanted to score. He's too busy to do HP4. Doyle has a connection basically to two of the Potter filmmakers, he worked with Couron on Little Princess I think and Great Expectations. Doyle also worked with Mike Newell (dir of Goblet of Fire) on Into the West.

DMP
USA lastdomino VIP (subscribed member)
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 10600

lastdomino is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View lastdomino's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there is really a comparison between Patrick Doyle and John Williams except that they are both generally thematic composers. I like Patrick Doyle but he will not replace how much I would have preferred John Williams doing all of the scores. However, having seen what Williams is slated for on IMDb, and his age which most would consider past retirement, I am afraid I am being a bit selfish.

Last edited by lastdomino on Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean Pattick Doyle. First I though it was a typo but you typed "Boyle" twice.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA Maeltne
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 6602

Maeltne is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Maeltne's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried, help me I tried...

...not to get fumed, pissed, peeved, irritated, or bent out of shape! But as it happened, the whole thread utterly 'irked' me; and I do mean irked! Why do you ask?... (Simple really, isn't it funny how the simplest things make us the most upset.) Meandor down my thought process with me, won't ya?

(Sings)
Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
A tale of a fateful score
That started from September '04
Aboard this tiny thread

OK, so I never was good at poetry, or plagerism...

Sorry, tangent... why you ask? I'm glad you asked! This thread started late last year, only JERIC, zirael, shock and Tron, oh yeah maybe telmah sounded off on it in a timely manner; but since the movie's not out yet, I can let that slide a bit.

JERIC is exempt from my lashings, because if I don't support him, he'll throw me off his land and starve my women and children (another botched quote, I know). zirael, is exempt, too because he/she only expresses hopes and feelings. shock, (THANK THE MAKER that's close!) partially exempt Tron, what's a "yule ball" and who are the weird sisters - spoilers?! ehh not too bad I can let that slide - but just barely. telmah, thejoyrider, Armand, all exempt for only expressing opinions and banter. wongwizard101, EEEEEK! I'm SO MAD! Chanlder, more opinions, exempt. mattheweber, not sure why it stinks... oh well... dalekmindprobe, EEEEEK! I'm SO MAD! lastdomino, who's this Boyle-guy?! (as this post was being typed JERIC added my sentiments on Boyle).

Well now that we're through a recap - again you ask why???

Answer - Where are you getting your information and how do I get it? Talk about annoying!!!

Example - "I just read recently that..." WHERE for heaven's sake????!!!! Give me a FREAKIN' URL!!! Alot of reads would like to know that you have some back-up and not just rumormongering!

Like this - "Hey, guess what? Harry Potter & GOF's soundtrack just got scrapped and replaced entirely with steel-drum band selections."

So could you enlighten us with where you 'heard' this hoolabaloo?

Was it here?
http://www.hollywoodjesus.com/harry_potter_goblet.htm (may take a bit to load, so be patient)
Or here, maybe?
http://www.jwfan.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=559&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

Or even here?
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news04/041024d.php
(that's why 'partially,' shock, had to do some digging)

What the heck was my point? Oh yeah -

!Sitations aren't just for speeding, kids! If you're gonna spout off something like this, give us your sources. Now back to our regularly scheduled posts.

Love ya!
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

lastdomino is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View lastdomino's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

ok yes i meant patrick doyle i actually really liked what he did (and performed in) Much Ado about Nothing it was just a lazy day for me i didn't actually believe i had to think Sad
Lieutenant Junior Grade

MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

information about soundtrack at this point is on www.imdb.com the band you are talking about, i believe, is writing for and performing as - the weird sisters (ok i think i am spelling better today) i don't think they could do the entire soundtrack and still have eight year old's parents letting them see the movie then again who knows
Commander

Member#: 980

Robert_Locksley is offline View user's profile Send private message Robert_Locksley's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

lastdomino, note the Edit button in the top right-hand corner of each post. Wink
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 10921

workervr is offline View user's profile Send private message View workervr's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I adore these soundtracks but since I heard this news I have requesting doyle. I think he will do a good job. At the very least we are going to get something fresh!..
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4034

Tron is offline View user's profile Send private message Tron's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

WORKERVR wrote:
I adore these soundtracks but since I heard this news I have requesting doyle. I think he will do a good job. At the very least we are going to get something fresh!..

imo azkaban was something fresh...
I have really no clue where Doyle is going to take this. I'm curious.
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this is old news, but it looks like the soundtrack release date for most outlets has been moved to 15 Nov. I guess the original date was 8 Nov? (I got this from mugglenet and don't have any more details.)

jeff
sdg
Belgium Tron
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4034

Tron is offline View user's profile Send private message Tron's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a first listen available of Doyles score.
http://www.ateaseweb.com/news/archive/2005/10/exclusive_harry.php
"the story continues"
I like it!

alternative link:
http://media.mugglenet.com/20051021-gofsoundtrackclips/20051021-gofsoundtrackclips.zip
Canada TreeBob
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5527

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the links, i will give thema listen tonight. I am excited!
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

More Goblet of Fire listening at AOL. Gorgeous, majestic Doyle!

http://music.aol.com/artist/main.adp?tab=album&albumid=802181
USA zirael
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Harry Potter clips were taken down already at AOL. The full album was there for listening in the morning, but it was probably an AOL error since it was before the release date. The MuggleNet folks found out about it too. Looking forward to the CD!
genericdragon
Commander
Commander

Member#: 7493

genericdragon is offline View user's profile Send private message genericdragon's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

zirael wrote:
I think the Harry Potter clips were taken down already at AOL. The full album was there for listening in the morning, but it was probably an AOL error since it was before the release date.

I managed to snag the direct link before they changed the page. The info is still there, I'm listening to it as I type. Smile

Doyle has created a wonderful composition. I think he's managed to capture motion from the first three Potter films and weave in his own. I'm excited to see how the music will work within the movie!

"The thing that impresses me the most about America is the way parents obey their children." ~ King Edward VIII (1894 - 1972)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: