StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Mods Update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Caliburn wrote:
Transformers is one of JERIC's favourites. He outranks ya

Yeah, I know
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Caray wrote:

Down with Transformer.

Oh, for shame, Caray... Sad Crying or Very sad Wink

What's so bad about the Transformers?
SlowMo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 29

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, it seems this announcement thread has become a very heated debate. (By now it has cooled a bit already it seems.) Still since my name is mentioned in the very first post I feel I can still add my say here. I can understand why there are problems, some of the objections or doubts about Thur are very reasonable, after all how long has she been around? Let's just say that seeing her name as mod came as a surprise to me, as opposed to Son's: he's been around forever, he's SST all the way, I don't get that impression about Thur.

Sensei (and perhaps others) made a valid point about giving people a chance, and while I agree, one has to admit that there were other,better or at least less controversial choices at hand for the job in the first place. By which I mean to say that it just hasn't happened before that a mod/admin was picked from the users that aren't first year SST users.

That said, for those wondering about me and my retirement:

I never really did any moderator duties, I held the title with pride, but I never had time for it. Whenever asked I always admitted that other people with more time for SST should be given the job.
Come to think of it I am extremely happy with my new ambassador role now, I feel I can help SST a lot more that way, and I don't have to feel so guilty for not being able to keep up with the tide.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 243

Caray is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Caray's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

what are you supposed to do as an ambassador?
Lieutenant Commander

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I have to do anything..
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

SlowMo wrote:
I don't think I have to do anything..

He gets to be pretty in gold Smile
Lieutenant Commander

ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd enterpret an SST Ambassador to be an unofficial representative.

But remember, the bible says : "To do injury to an ambassador was to insult the king who sent him" (2 Sam. 10:5). I dunno, it's a cool quote in this context.
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Slow oversees the waffles being made at the SST bar and grill making sure they are SST's best;)
Lieutenant

Member#: 8293

teachplus3 is offline View user's profile Send private message teachplus3's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

SlowMo wrote:
Let's just say that seeing her name as mod came as a surprise to me, as opposed to Son's: he's been around forever, he's SST all the way, I don't get that impression about Thur.

I am a newbie around here but I'm also a VIP and a supporter of this station (it's the only one I listen to,but that's b/c it's the best) and it is all because of Thur. She is the very one who talked about SST to me all the time and got me interested in coming and joining (she promotes SST well). She helped me with every step of the process including coming over and helping me download and setup a browser that didn't give me problems while I was listening to SST. I see her helping other newbies in chat helping them when they don't understand (or forget to read the FAQ's). She eats, sleeps and breaths SST and that is obvious in the forums, chat and reqeusts. To me that is being SST all the way. I understand the point that she hasn't been here that long but maybe she doesn't need to have been to do the job right. I think Jeric and the Admins must see something others don't if they are comfortable in giving her the position. Keep up the good work Thur.
Very Happy
Commander

Member#: 7501

schroddie is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website schroddie's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

teachplus3 wrote:
I think Jeric and the Admins must see something others don't if they are comfortable in giving her the position.

Or maybe they just pick a name randomly and proclaimed it moderator. Just kidding Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: