StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Mods Update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA rebeccabutterfly
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Member#: 3098

rebeccabutterfly is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website rebeccabutterfly's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I second Pixie's statement. But then again, not many people like me either.
Lieutenant

Member#: 7220

filmgoerjuan is offline View user's profile Send private message filmgoerjuan's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Obi and thuring.

rebeccabutterfly wrote:
I second Pixie's statement. But then again, not many people like me either.

While I appreciate that people have dissenting opinions about the way this site is run, in this case wouldn't it have been more productive to direct such comments to Jeric and the other administrators via e-mail/PM? Ultimately, your complaint is with their decision.

Posting it in a public forum just seems spiteful towards thuringwethil.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Better they all post it here rather than PMing each other endlessly and letting it fester.

I've heard some stuff through the grapevine, a lot of which was based on misinformation. If you've got something to say, spill so this can be cleared up. I'll split the topic if necessary (or message Cal to split it... messaging him takes longer, but for some reason it's more satisfying.)
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, like I said I don't know what i've done, but as long as I'm trusted by Jeric and the admins, good enough for me.
Lieutenant Commander

aw

rebeccabutterfly is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website rebeccabutterfly's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

What admins are you trusted by? ... and in what way? to babysit their kids, to be a mod, to rule the world? I mean in what way?

Last edited by rebeccabutterfly on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

All of them to be made a mod
Lieutenant Commander

aw

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a saying around here:
prove it.
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

uhm the fact that i'm green would prove that, that's part of the requirements becky
Lieutenant Commander

aw

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

oh okay.
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

rebeccabutterfly wrote:
What admins are you trusted by? ... and in what way? to babysit their kids, to be a mod, to rule the world? I mean in what way?

Trusted by them with the responsiblities given to me by jeric and the other admins in moderating chat and the forums. If I wasn't trusted, i wouldn't be here.
Lieutenant

Member#: 7220

filmgoerjuan is offline View user's profile Send private message filmgoerjuan's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebecca, why don't you just come right out and say what's bugging you and why? I'm trying to figure out what your problem is here but your statements seem really vague and they aren't helping you get your point across (assuming that you have one).

Stop talking in circles and just spit it out.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The question isn't about trust.

The fact is, after Thur was promoted, the admins all began receiving complaints via PM and IM from several of our listeners.

Since I know at least a few of those listeners are discussing it amongst themselves, I'd just assume they discuss it here.

Juan if this were one person, then yes a PM would be what's appropriate. But when you have a group all talking and comparing notes behind the scenes it doesn't do us much good. I'd rather they do it here where everyone can be included and add their 2 cents (or 5 dollars).

Pixie and Becky as far as I know weren't part of that initial group, but I'm nonetheless glad that one of them had the guts to drag this out into the open where it belongs.
USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

right. spit it out so we can understand what your point is. if your point is you don't like then ok. point taken.
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Obi-son wrote:
right. spit it out so we can understand what your point is. if your point is you don't like then ok. point taken.

Exactly say what you want to say, i'm sorry people don't like me or don't think i should be a mod, but I am and if I screw that job up, then i've screwed it up and the admins will deal with that.

I actually appreciate the fact tha pixie and becky said it here instead of pming the admins.
Lieutenant

Member#: 548

korkster is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website korkster's Favorites are Private
AIM Address MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have the guts to say my peace.

It is my belief that any leadership of any organization, and a mod is a leader, should be wholeheartedly supported by its MEMBERSHIP, not solely by the admins. This is the premise on which I disagree with thuring.

I believe that there are personal and social issues on which thuring should be more focussed in her life at present. SST is a distraction and extra responsibilities will do nothing to solve those issues, only cause more distractions.

I do not support, nor condone this particular appointment. I have the courage and fortitude to say so. Its hard for me, personally, to submit to a leader in whome I cannot trust, nor respect. I have absolutely NO problem with Obi being a mod, as I trust his judgement completely.

I know there are others that feel similarly. Whether they will come forth and say so, I do not know. However, I can tell you I will NOT in any way participate in further activities in chat or forums, because I cannot trust what might be done there.

I have seen the exchanges that have taken place between thuring and other individuals, both major contributors and newbies, and think them to be inappropriate if not downright rude. I have forwarded these to appropriate admins for their review.

So, Cocles, you asked for us to air our laundry. There it is. And Thank you for taking the time, sir, to discusses this today.

Regards,
Kork
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: