StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Mods Update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA rebeccabutterfly
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Member#: 3098

rebeccabutterfly is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website rebeccabutterfly's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

There is not any background or personal thing here between thur and me here. I dont know why people keep saying that. I have no idea who she is personally, i just dont like the way she acts here. I've always given her a chance, just nothing she has done has earned my respect or trust yet. I am open to her earning that, and am just surprised at how quickly she has earned other people's and not mine. at all.

I do support JERIC. We coudlnt do this without him. Just trying to keep it enjoyable for everyone.

Its agreed its not a democracy here, it would be ruined by people if that were the case. I'm glad competent people run the site, heaven knows i couldnt do it. And maybe my mind is just too feeble to understand why thur is a mod. But with that given, i can now voice my opinion about her. and anyone for that matter. Thank goodness i like everyone else here, eh.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 7277

doodle is offline View user's profile Send private message doodle's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

And you;re the centre of the universe? thuring shouldn't be given a chance because rebecca says so?

Give over. Why not use this as a proofing ground to see how she'll respond, and gauge your respect of her over this, rather than just moan about it?
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI - removed your double post for you rebecca Actually I don't know what ever happened. I do remember when I first joined here as lotrfan2004 you and I were nice to each other and chatted quite a bit. You are right it isn't a democracy, and I don't know exactly what i did to earn their respect, but obviously something. Also, I am not any meaner in chat to newbies than obi or some of the others. And no, obi and I weren't a package deal. But for those who don't like me, I am just asking for the chance to prove I can handle the responsibility. You don't have to respect me, but out of respect for Jeric, I would think you would need to respect the position. Not saying you have to agree w/ me like, me whatever, but if I ask a topic to be moved off chat and it is a reasonable request, I would like people to respect that, not me. And because of the respect of admins, i have had permission to "coach" newbies, but i assure you I have always gotten an admin if necessary and will continue to do so.

And I don't have a problem with you voicing your opinion, as long as you aren't attacking someone personally which goes for anyone not just me. I think personal attacks don't belong here.

but you seem to keep saying so many others here don't like me, but I only see 3 here that keep posting against me.
Lieutenant Commander

aw

rebeccabutterfly is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website rebeccabutterfly's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm one person with one voice. that is all I'm offering. I dont want anything more. I'm not the center of anything, im not saying i am. I'm saying that i respect those in charge. I respect their decisions, as well. They do a great job. Maybe they shouldnt change their position just because i would want them to, thats fine, im not expecting anything to change. All i can do is use the voice i have. wish i were singing instead.

Also ... I talk to people from SST in PM's too, thur, just like you. I know you're not well liked. I'm not gonna bring anyone else into this, though, that doesnt want to be in it. Just saying i have my sources, as you do.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 90

Pixie is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Pixie's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

SST has changed.

It used to be this fun place to come hang out, make fun of people, get made fun of, laugh and have a good time. Recently, a lot of the people who used to make this place fun have disappeared. They have been replaced by a lot of people who stay here all day long (it is amazing to me some of these people can keep their jobs) and just chat to be chatting. They feel the need to describe every detail of their feces to everyone because they are so bored. (and boring, I might add) Additionally, most times I come here I get upset with the people in the chat. Anyway, that's fine-whatever, but that is why members like me show up less and less.

I look at the people who have been made mods and admins in the past, and I just personally felt that thur did not fit in to that category. It has nothing to do with my personal feelings about her. It basically told me that SST is really moving forward in the direction of the drones and no longer in the direction of the fun old times. I miss the old SST, and I was disappointed to see that the new "management staff" was now taking a turn in the direction of promoting this, instead of people who represent the old fun way. (As I mentioned before, I did think Obi-Son -or Son as he used to be- was a great choice)

Additionally, I have my doubts about thur doing the job. I realize it is not a tough job, but I don't feel that even "being green" she will get the respect of a mod. I don't see her being able to "get harsh" or stop someone she feels is causing a problem. Let me just site just one example: I am concerned about a conversation I witnessed where thur alluded to not approving of and disliking gays. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but she seemed to be fighting not to say her opinion, yet her word choice was making it perfectly clear to everyone that she did not like nor did she approve of gays. I thought it was inappropriate and I know it really upset several people in the chat at the time. Is this the kind of person who we want as a mod? A person who escalates the problem rather than putting a stop to it? A person who doesn't know when to just be quiet or to steer the coversation elsewhere without "giving away" what it seems they "kind of" don't want to?

There are a lot of good members here that should not be mods, myself included. It is my opinion that thur should not be a mod either.

I don't see why I should have to wait to mention this until thur "screws something up"- as she put it.

Thur, you also mention that 49% of the population did not vote for Bush, yet he was still put into office. Perhaps you should not go around spouting that you have trust from 100% of the admins.

Like I said, SST has changed.
USA rebeccabutterfly
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I second pixie again. i wasnt there for the conversation she refers to, but the points she makes are very clear.

SST has changed.
Captain

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Pixie, i remember which conversation you are referring to, and when an admin im'd me to drop it I did, that is the reason I dropped out of the conversation. My personal opinions will not play into my job as a mod. I am big enough to not let my personal beliefs affect that. That is why I intentionally stayed out of recent political conversations.

And as far as getting harsh? I have been asked to not be as harsh. But regardless, I still feel that it is up to the admins and Jeric. And all I can see is I will do my best.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4034

Tron is offline View user's profile Send private message Tron's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

rebeccabutterfly wrote:
I second pixie again. i wasnt there for the conversation she refers to, but the points she makes are very clear.

SST has changed.

Pixies reasons are also 100% mine.
Thur (from the site) is definately not the kind of person I choose to hang out with.
But I do think you need to give Thur some time to prove she is the right girl for the job and doesn't misuse her power.
(political analogy?)
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Better political analogy - Bush appoints cabinet members and judges and the people have nothing to say about it. However, there are judges who I hate with a passion b/c of their personal beliefs. But, if I were ever given a directive by them, i would respect their position, not them.

Thanks, tron. That's all i'm asking.
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I gave my congrats in all sincerity, I did have some reservations about Thur's appointment. I was planning to write a PM to Jeric after thinking about this a little more, but since Mr. C prefers we air it in the open, here goes.

I'm not privy to what goes on when Thur converses with the admins and perhaps she has shown to them that she can handle the job responsibilities and time commitment. However, based on what I've seen in the chat, I do not think that Thur has demonstrated that she can defuse arguments or make suggestions to members with a sense of humor or let comments about her bounce off easily without taking it personally. After reading this thread I felt that Thur should have stayed out of it and left it to the admins to defend their appointment. Not that Thur doesn't have a right to defend herself, but it shows that she needs to hold back a bit and has some room to grow.

If there are enough member reservations, I suggest that the admins either remove Thur or make her a moderator-in-training with a trial period of 6 months before making it permanent. I also suggest that the admins consult trusted regulars before making the decision to promote someone to moderator status to see if there are serious objections beforehand.

Whatever the admins' decision, I will abide by it.
gecko
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 14

gecko is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website gecko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thur wins. The rest of you lose. I'd put some cuss words in here for her to edit out for fun but I'm afraid my dry and admittedly terrible sense of humor isn't very welcome in such a HEATED discussion. Thanks a lot guys. Thanks a lot for ruining SST. Somewhere a hobbit and a jedi cry into their pillows tonight.
USA Hart
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

aw

Member#: 53

Hart is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Hart's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I remember a time long ago when Cocles was made a moderator. There were a few who thought that was a bad idea. Time has shown the wisdom of Jeric's choice, as Cocles has showed himself to be a very trustworhty and dependable administrator, and SST is a better place for it. If you are missing my point let me spell it out for you. You need to realize that what you "think" is going to happen, is no reason not to wait and see how someone will actually perform, then you can make your decision.

Imagine if you walked into a job interview and got fired before you interviewed. "Hi, my name is..."your FIRED!"
Lieutenant

Member#: 8293

teachplus3 is offline View user's profile Send private message teachplus3's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hart wrote:
You need to realize that what you "think" is going to happen, is no reason not to wait and see how someone will actually perform, then you can make your decision.

Imagine if you walked into a job interview and got fired before you interviewed. "Hi, my name is..."your FIRED!"

I know I'm only a newbie but I'm also of the opinion that Thur should be able to prove herself before anyone starts rating her performance. Well said Hart.
USA rebeccabutterfly
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm still waiting.
Cadet 2

Member#: 8181

Pirate is offline View user's profile Send private message Pirate's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not been at SST long enough to really form an opinion as to whether or not Thuringwethil should be a moderator or not. I do know how she has treated me during chat, but my guess is that is irrelevant. The thing I do see is that the "anti-Thur" members have all laid out specific and what would appear to be legitimate and logical concerns. Another thing I see is that the "pro-Thur" members speak in generalities and/or that she should be given a chance. I'm not saying either is wrong or right. What I haven't seen is the people that made the decision saying anything. I realize they do not owe members a justification for their decision. But what I will say is that in reading between the lines of some of the comments and from my own observations in chat, Thur does "chat" differently and privately with some people, including the admins. I'm not privy to what goes on behind the scenes, either, but I wonder how she has their trust and why, it just makes you wonder.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: