StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Mods Update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Pixie wrote:
thuringwethil wrote:

I think i don't like it b/c it makes me realize how old I am Wink

We could get some recordings of the piano music played during Silent Movies for yeh Wink Wink

Now pixie the first movies i saw had sound - just no color Wink
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... what can I say, except that this was quite an interesting thread.

First of all, completely aside from all the politics, I'd like to extend my congratulations to Obi-Son and Thur on their promotions to mod. I will place my trust in them to do the best job they can. Nobody is perfect, but I certainly believe that these two individuals have a strong affection for SST and would not knowingly do anything to harm it.

Second of all, I'm glad that SST is the kind of place where people can feel free to express their opinions (within reasonable bounds) and, at the end of the day, not let personal disagreements get in the way of their mutual love for SST. From that point of view, I'd say that this thread has been quite healthy.

Finally, I'd like to officially endorse the Vince DiCola Transformers score. I'm not completely sure why, but I really enjoy listening to it sometimes. Smile
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately Hurr, we still have some cowards in our midst who'd rather threaten and rag behind the scenes.
Hurr78
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cocles wrote:
Unfortunately Hurr, we still have some cowards in our midst who'd rather threaten and rag behind the scenes.

I guess that we need some kind of lure to draw those cowards out into the open.
doodle
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 7277

doodle is offline View user's profile Send private message doodle's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Repeatedly calling them cowards might help Wink
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, and then they log on and post with, "I'm not a coward, I was just trying to spare Thur's feelings... blah blah blah blah."

I don't really want to dredge all this up again; I'm just surprised that several of our members didn't have the stones to put their money where their mouth is after whining so loudly behind the scenes. (Even if they just popped in and posted "yay" or "nay".)

Personally I think the opinions of such people should be ignored. And if they're the type of regulars who ramble on in our chatboard without checking the forums.... well, that's their problem.
USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

well them whining doesn't cure cancer so i'm not going to bother. Wink
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Come to think of it, if their excuse for not responding is that they don't check the forum, then why are the complaining in the first place?

The forum is where all of your actual mod abilities lie.

These are the type of people who push on the door when the sign says pull.

Anyways, kudo's still goes to Pixie and Becky for bringing this out in the open, and an honorable mention to Korkster and Maddy as the only two listeners who started behind the scenes but had the stones to step forward and openly speak their minds.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont get it. What do people think mods can do? Their job is to be the admins eyes and ears. The proviledge they have is that they can moderate the forum, The last time this forum has been moderated (not counting deleting double posts) has been a long while.

SST has the best forum I have ever seen. No moderation is needed.

To be honest, we admins needed help, we are not able to keep up with the chat and forum every part of the day to see if things goes well. We needed extra eyes and ears, and they were it.

The mods main task is to warn me if things go wrong. I can do my normal day job and when I get an IM like "SST is down" or a "troll is in chat" then I can act.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've gathered from a number of sources, several of them were rather ignorant and sending their PM's based on a knee-jerk reaction.

Perhaps that should tell them a little about why they themselves weren't promoted to mods.
USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

cal hit it right on the head of the nail. guess they thought a mod just smacked newbies around and not the other more important things that have to be done. I did not say anything at first on this because i thought that all the energy that was made in "oh thur is a mod! blah blah blah" crap was a waste of our time and could have been used on donating to the site instead of putting out wine and cheese. besides that Pixie, becca, maddy and kork had the b@lls to care about sst to voice there thoughts on this and not keep it behind the scenes. oh by the with if you can come out, up front and say it then don't say anything.
now the ones that did not and are mad, deal with it and donate. Smile if not i have a big bucket of jello for ya Very Happy
Well i hope my 2 cents on this makes sense.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 90

Pixie is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Pixie's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

All I'm saying is that a mod is a representative of the site and I was surprised that thur was the type of member Jeric chose to represent this site. I did not think she fit in with the type of mods or admins that had been chosen in the past.

Obi-Son wrote:
oh by the with if you can come out, up front and say it then don't say anything.

I guess I'm a little confused. Are you saying that if my opinion differs from yours that I shouldn't say anything?

I didn't think mods "Smacked newbies around and not the other more important things..." One of the things I am not sure thur is capable of is the other things. I have already recently seen thur make errors in the forum. For example, one of her first functions as a mod was to post the results of the SST Wallpaper Contest, which Jeric promptly had to move to a different category of the forum. I thought you said mods had to make less work for admins?

Caliburn wrote:
SST has the best forum I have ever seen. No moderation is needed.

Dude, that is not really helping your argument...

Caliburn wrote:
The mods main task is to warn me if things go wrong. I can do my normal day job and when I get an IM like "SST is down" or a "troll is in chat" then I can act.

Wow, if that is really what she does to you Cal that is great, but that sure is not what it looks like in the chat.

When I pop into the chat from time to time, or read the log, it looks to me like thur must be bugging the crap out of the admins. I can only imagine the amounts of PM's, IM's and e-mails the admins must get. In the chat alone, I see her typing their names in all caps, trying desperately to get their attention, typing that she (paraphrasing here) needs some big type of signal to get the admins attention whenever she needs it. And do you know what she wanted [on this particular occasion]? To know when Ennio Morricone day was going to be over. Not something important. In fact, something that she and any frequent SSTer (and you would think a mod) would know the answer to. It's not like no one turned it off and it was the next day or something. It was not even 4PM Pacific Time yet.

In fact, I've seen the "admin beacon" from thur on the chat more times than I care to count, and quite frankly, it is not for a troll or because the stream is down. It is typically non-urgent issues like I mentioned about Ennio Morricone day or to change the request time.

That is not the eyes and ears of the admins. It sounds more like a bothersome pain in the backside who thinks she is making herself look responsible and important, but is coming off like a doofus.
shock
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 3465

shock is offline View user's profile Send private message shock's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
if you can come out, up front and say it then don't say anything.

Looks like a typo to me. I'm pretty sure what Obi meant was "can't come out".
Belgium Tron
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4034

Tron is offline View user's profile Send private message Tron's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cocles wrote:
Anyways, kudo's still goes to Pixie and Becky for bringing this out in the open, and an honorable mention to Korkster and Maddy as the only two listeners who started behind the scenes but had the stones to step forward and openly speak their minds.

It looks like my opinion doesn't matter, but i'll continue anyway.
I do think that if a (growing?) percentage of real regulars does not agree with Thurs appointment, then this should be heard by the admins. And not like: "come in here and discuss it a little". Maybe let the real regulars (whom you select) vote over it or something.
I've watched thur a few days now, and see her doing the strangest things, like SCREAMING peoples nicks, (not only the admins) trying to get there attention.
Or apparently chat with herself (!?), 20 mins of all green chat with only every 5 lines somone else.
Spamming the chat with, 'let me know if there is an admin, i messed up my homepage'.
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Tron wrote:

I've watched thur a few days now, and see her doing the strangest things, like SCREAMING peoples nicks, (not only the admins) trying to get there attention.
Or apparently chat with herself (!?), 20 mins of all green chat with only every 5 lines somone else.
Spamming the chat with, 'let me know if there is an admin, i messed up my homepage'.

One per people in the chat i was trying to get someones attention as his request were making people annoyed.

Also, i didn't ask for an admin for the home page thing, i asked for anyone w/ ff. Which j2brown promptly helped me with.

And as far as all green chat, so now b/c I'm green i can't chat anymore?

And since when did sst b/c a democracy? We don't get to vote on any changes really that I'm aware of.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: