StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Bad Tracks, Bad Tracks...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Kossian
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 1640

Kossian is offline View user's profile Send private message Kossian's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:47 pm   Post subject: Bad Tracks, Bad Tracks... Reply with quote

(sung poorly to 'Cops'...)

OK, I didn't see where you could post a message about encountering what clearly seems to be a problem with specific tracks heard on SST (if there is, i'm sure someone will point me to the right storefront)...

The E. S. Posthumous 'Unearthed' album tracks sound somewhat distorted...that is, they sound 'wavy' (I have no idea how else to explain it...)

Someone requested a track from 'The Dark Crystal' and I noted (and others reported) that the sound level jumped every few seconds to be louder on the right channel, then louder on the left, and back and forth throughout the entire track. The track preceding and following did not. The track was 'Finale', but wonder what other tracks of that album are affected.

Otherwise, nothing else odd to report. Nice stable ogg streams...ahhhh...
Canada Robert_Locksley
Commander
Commander

Member#: 980

Robert_Locksley is offline View user's profile Send private message Robert_Locksley's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Kossian, SST gets "hiccups" the odd time while streaming, but it usually goes away. That is the nature of web-streaming media - it can become briefly distorted/disrupted. I know that today (June 16), most (if not all) of the streams were down for a while in the morning (PST) so I did not tune in until later on in the day - worked perfectly for me in the afternoon. Smile Previously, I have not had any problems with the Posthumus tracks. So, it may be just a temporary thing that happened today. Then again, I may be totally wrong...
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Kossian, are you talking about stream quality or audio quality.

(Robert I think he's talking about audio quality.)
Canada Robert_Locksley
Commander
Commander

Member#: 980

Robert_Locksley is offline View user's profile Send private message Robert_Locksley's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, you might be right Cocles. Althought like I mentioned, I've never had problems with the Posthumus tracks. Well Kossian, give us more feedback.
Cadet 4

Kossian is offline View user's profile Send private message Kossian's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I didn't get back sooner on this...

The Dark Crystal track I was referring to got louder (or softer) on one channel (right or left), then five to ten seconds later it switched (that is, seemed to get louder on the other side). So for awhile it was louder on the left channel, then on the right, then on the left, and you get the idea.

I asked other users who were listening at that time and they reported the same problem. It started as the track began and ended as the track ended. Had it occurred during other tracks, I would have dismissed it as something wrong with the stream, but given it only happened with that track, it seemed less likely as a stream related problem.

I'll try requesting the same track later and if it happens that way again, it would be hard to dismiss it as a stream related problem. Maybe a bad recording of the track itself?

The E. S. Posthumous is harder to explain. It happens with most of the more upbeat tracks (i.e. it has a lot of beats in a short time frame). I don't have an easy way to explain this, but i'll try this: Think of someone who is constantly playing around with the uppermost control of an equalizer, turning it up and down and up and down two to three times a second. You'll definitely hear the quality of the sound fade in and out.

Sometime ago I did mention the last track of Moulin Rouge 2 had this similar problem. Not sure if it does now (it's not in the track list, at least when I last checked it), so that would be another one to test the theory on.

I hope this provides some additional feedback on the problem. One thing is sure however, since the move the streams are very stable and I am experiencing very little in the way of interruptions. Of course, being one state north of where the server resides can't hurt either...
Kossian
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been awhile since I added a post to this section, but I came across one...check out Orchestral Game Concert 1 - Various Artists, Main Theme (Romance Of The 3 Kingdoms)...there is the unmistakable sounds of CD skip in this track.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: