StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

SST Member 2007 Vacation Photos
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
jbarta VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 10794

jbarta is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View jbarta's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:39 am   Post subject: SST Member 2007 Vacation Photos Reply with quote

This is a place for SST folks who once in a while break the shackles of the work world, and escape to some wonderfully better place. This is a forum to brag about it to all the other folks still stuck in their cubes bring hope to others that somewhere out there is a much better place, someplace that has natural lighting (and no, contrary to popular opinion, fluorescent lighting is NOT natural...) someplace scenic, fun, dangerous, or just plain cool.
This is the place to post your photos.

J.
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

*anxiously awaiting honeymoon pictures from Hawaii* Wink
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

jbarta is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View jbarta's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so lets kick things off.

Here are some pictures from my trip to Kauai, Hawaii. Weather was lovely there that week. Even though I guess it was "cold" compared to "normal" only 75-85ºF instead of 80-90ºF. We "suffered" though it pretty well however.

This is the view from our condo. Awesome to wake up to this. We had a fresh water stream with some nice rapids along the one side, and a cove opening into the ocean on the other end, seen here. This is taken looking down the side of our condo, 3 sides of glass. Very nice. Cool

Some of the local wildlife outside our door in the garden.

Even "cloudy" days were beautiful, this is a picture of a passing cloud patch on Poi'pu Beach, it was sunny again 30 min later. For you reallly observant ones, yes, that is me out snorkeling in this photo.

The Sunsets were absolutely wonderful. Here are several untouched photos of them.

Sunset at Sprouting Horn Park.

2 of the Sunset at Polihale Beach. In the second one, you can see the outline of the "Forbidden Island of Niihau" and the tiny island of Lehua

Awesome Sunset at Ke'e Beach

Our last sunset on Kauai Sad this was from Kukuiula bay

And here are Chippy and Wrabbit trying to blend into the background as a "couple of chicks on the beach", however I think they need to find a different costume shop.

Well, I guess we now know why neither of them work covert operations for the CIA. Better luck next time guys.Wink

That is all I have for now. I may find others to upload later.

J.
Commander

Member#: 6193

lmarrese is offline View user's profile Send private message View lmarrese's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I don't "see" you in any of those, I think you just scanned pics from a book about Hawaii! Wink
USA maddy
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 2207

maddy is offline View user's profile Send private message View maddy's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have at least put some of your wife in there.

But they are beautiful pictures.

http://tinyurl.com/ltrodr
http://www.mostphotos.com/maddys713/portfolio
http://www.cutcaster.com/studio/pub/784218913

wrabbit
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 13971

wrabbit is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View wrabbit's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

*begins to think jbarta was stalking me and chippy, not the other way around*

*wouldn't be surprised*

i love the sunsets and the cloudy sky picture. i'll have you photoshopped out of that, even though you're mostly underwater. why ruin such an otherwise beautiful picture?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Wrabbit... we were on a .. a... buisiness trip. YEAH... a buisiness trip... WORKING!... on um...

um...

Something top secret... so if we told you what exactly we were doing in those chicken suits... you would have to be drug into the street and shot.

*wishes he would have been shot that day... running away from little kids all day in a chicken suit... in THAT heat...* lets just say that chippy's dont handle sweat well.
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures, jbarta, but what was wrong with my thread?

jeff
sdg
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

j2brown wrote:
Nice pictures, jbarta, but what was wrong with my thread?

jeff
sdg

Great thread j2! Such a great idea! Wink I thought there was one around last year, but I did not see it, I guess I am blind. That is why I posted the 2007 in my title.

Spoiler:
Actually, I was just not sure I wanted to participate in something j2 started, I wanted my own! Razz j/k

Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13973

phireangel is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View phireangel's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

WAOW! those are awesome pics Jbarta!!
I however miss you in any of those too.. and that spot out in th eocean could be just anything really.. so how could we tell its you? Razz

And chip and wrabbit.. LMAO! you guys are just amazing,, did you really think noone would notice you in those costumes? Razz

U want a NY pic in here as well then jbarta..? Wink

Ok then,, here it is..

Anyone can guess where/what it is? Razz

Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's easy phire! You can nearly read the name of the place from the picture.

I think it's Swedish Cottage Marionette Theatre Smile
(Central Park at 79th Street, New York)

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Poland Albi VIP (subscribed member)
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 5692

Albi is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Albi's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

-edit- moved here Smile
wrabbit
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

wrabbit is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View wrabbit's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll be adding photos to this shortly, but if there is another location we're sharing vacation photos, just let m know...thx!
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably should wait until voting is over Wrabbit. Unless they are just "location" shots. If they are, post away!

J.
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, so here are my long awaited vacation photos. oh, by the way, i went on vacation.

in october, i went on an 8-day outward bound course in pisgah national forest in north carolina (right along the blue ridge parkway). it was AMAZING. maybe it was a good sign that i was IM'ing with BQ right before the trip started, while at the airport. (had i disappeared forever, she would have been the last one i spoke with. she could have been famous!) the easy and short description: we (myself, six other people i had never met, and two instructors) spent about five or six days hiking and two days rock climbing (which i had never done before). on our second to last day, the instructors let us try out a ropes course at the base camp, then as our final "personal challenge" they sent us on a four mile run UPHILL. finally, just before getting in a van to head to the airport and back home, we were able to take a shower (separately, tjoe) - the first shower we took in 8 days. uh, too much information?

Spoiler:
if yes, i apologize. if no, ask me about the poop rules.

i have a ton of pictures (and some i still haven't received yet from the other crew members) but i picked out mainly location shots. the photos don't adequately capture just how beautiful the forest and the trails were. i included one of myself because i'm gorgeous so you could check out the attractive headgear we had to wear when climbing.

if anyone has any questions or any interest in attending an outward bound course, i HIGHLY encourage it and would be happy to provide answers or information. they are expensive, but if you love the outdoors and any kind of adventure or new experiences, it really was one of the most amazing things i've ever done, even though walking through the woods seems kind of simple. i'm already planning another trip for 2009.

okay, enough promotion. onto the photos!
(i apologize now if there are too many)

our first sunrise ...

this is the top of a waterfall ... just past the rocks the water tumbles down ...

we carried everything we needed for the week in these packs - 30-50 pounds each, i think.

ROCK CLIMBING:
looking straight up from the ground, one of the rock walls we climbed...

not me...

me. this was after a full day rock climbing. instructors felt we were "up to the challenge" so we rapelled off the side of a mountain. AT NIGHT. the attractive helmet was for the climb, the headlamp we wore at all times after dark. as it turns out, rapelling and wrabbit do not a happy combination make. i did not, however, throw up like i wanted to.

ROPES COURSE:
looks easy? eight elements you had to make your way across, and then it ended with you jumping and swinging off a platform, attached to a rope at your waist - kind of like those giant swings you see at great adventure.

that's me, on top. STUCK and panicked.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: