StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Track Samples
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Bubs
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 8471

Bubs is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Bubs's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:46 pm   Post subject: Track Samples Reply with quote

I think it would be neat-o if we could sample a song before requesting... kind of like the option on Amazon (here's an example - scroll down to 'Listen to Samples')

That way we might not waste our request on the wrong song Mr. Green
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you could just go and listen to it an amazon.

Welcome to the forum, Bubs.

jeff
sdg
Bubs
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Bubs is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Bubs's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I've been doing, but some soundtracks (i.e. Lion in Winter) aren't sampled on Amazon.

Thanks for the Welcome
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 90

Pixie is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Pixie's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh for crying out loud.

Just pick a song. If it is the one you wanted, great. If not, enjoy the other song and try again later. It isn't wasting a pick , and who knows, you may discover another song you really like.

Remember, this is a free site, run by people who do updates in their free time. You are lucky we even have the ability to request. Most internet radio stations don't even have that option.
Bubs
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

AIM Address
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm... if 'ideas' aren't welcome, then why is there a forum for them? You don't have to be rude... good gracious. It's not like I'm complaining about anything Mad
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Bub, this is an idea forum. And you need to be thick skinned enough to handle it if no one likes your idea.

It's not like anyone's name calling yet.

So don't be a weenie.

Whoops.
Haurk
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 4340

Haurk is offline View user's profile Send private message Haurk's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course it's ok to come with new Ideas, and I wont say this was a bad idea because I've thought the same way a couple of times, but I mostly end up with just picking something I don't know what it is and quite often realize that was even better than the one I wanted.

The biggest problem with adding samples I'd guess is the amount of work that has to be put into it. Imagine making a sample file for every single one of the 30181 songs and they'll have to be stored somewhere aswell. Then you'll need to code what's nessecary to make things work... I have a strange feeling that Jeric, Sensei and the others have other things that's higher on the To-do list.

But it's all up to the admins, I'm just a mortal around here Smile
Bubs
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

AIM Address
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I guess I'm not thick-skinned enough LOL I'm not one to post in forums anyway. Oh well.
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 90

Pixie is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Pixie's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubs wrote:
I'm not one to post in forums anyway.

Really? The "Love, Bubs" in your signature never would have given that away. Wink
Bubs
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

AIM Address
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont get it...
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeesh, Bubs. You even went into the chat and complained? For crying out loud. (Pun not intended.)

I'm half tempted to post the log and give my commentary.

Heck, why not-

The the top down, babies. (Parallel conversations removed.)

-------------------------

Bubs: umm, yeah, i posted in the forum twice and someone has already attacked me Sad

Okay, see this is where you started to go wrong. Wandering into chatboard, because someone didn't like your idea in the forum is really just going to solidify your position as SST's most thin skinned.

PeteC: Baptism by fire, Bubs. Hey, man!

Kudo's to PeteC.

Bubs: i think i'll just steer clear from now on...
PeteC: Bubs - Was it real bad?
lotrgirl: bubs - don't worry about those who attack. They're just trying to scare you. You just gotta be bold

You gotta love the type of wank who feels compelled to nullify a trial by fire, by explaining to the victim what's going on.

These are the same kind of people who give you dirty looks when you refuse to give money to pan-handlers.

Bubs: i posted an idea in the idea forum and someone shot it down and acted like i was complaining
PeteC: Bubs - LG is bold.

Bold?

Of course, now that I've said that, she's probably doing to come in here and try to be "Bold".

Bubs: i guess rudeness just isn't in my blood and i can't fathom people who are rude for no reason

So you've NEVER been rude before? This is called a reverse insult. Instead of putting down the person who annoyed you, you put yourself up on a pedestal to make them look worse in comparison.

lotrgirl: bubs Sad I totally know what you mean

Of course you do.

Apparently, lotrgirl's version of bold is putting herself up on that pedestal too.

Bubs: i'm glad someone understands lol
PeteC: Let it roll off your back, Bubs!

I like how PeteC still manages to support Bubs without coming across as a bleeding heart.

Like a coach giving a pep talk.

genericdragon: bubs it's the test... see if you can stand the heat of the forums Wink

True, generic's saying something similar to lotrgirl here, but notice the difference in tone.

(Wow, I'm starting to sound like a friggin' professor.)

PeteC: If LG understands you, Bubs, then you have no worries! Wink
lotrgirl: P - good bold right?

Gotta love people who don't know they're being patronized.

Bubs: i'll try lol
Obi-son: Laughing
Bubs: i went to buy es posthumus and no stores carried it Razz

Now Bubs, here's what really put the nail in your coffin. It says in the newbie faq where to get ES Posthumous. As far as I understand, you told the mods you read it. So, basically, you fibbed to us, then wasted a bunch of your own time hunting around for it.

And some of you wonder why you're consumed.

Bubs, read the Newbie faq and listen to what PeteC said.
Bubs
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

AIM Address
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cocles wrote:
Bubs: i went to buy es posthumus and no stores carried it Razz

Now Bubs, here's what really put the nail in your coffin. It says in the newbie faq where to get ES Posthumous. As far as I understand, you told the mods you read it. So, basically, you fibbed to us, then wasted a bunch of your own time hunting around for it.

And some of you wonder why you're consumed.

Bubs, read the Newbie faq and listen to what PeteC said.

LOL Can I say just ONE more time that I read the entire FAQ numerous times? I went to a used cd store to see if it was there because I really didn't want to wait the 5 business days it took for the cd to come in (by ordering it off the website).

Gees... I just come here to listen to music not to fight with people in a forum.
Captain
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet i made it in there;) oh one more thing, it would be nice to have a "Thx Master Obi-son for the link to where i can buy es posthumus because i forgot to really read the FAQ." Very Happy
Cadet 2

AIM Address
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

If you remember correctly, Obi (which if you don't, feel free to refer to the entire convo once more), I said I knew the link to the site and that I was searching for it elsewhere.

Nice to meet you all btw - no sarcasm intended. I can let bygones be bygones Laughing
Captain
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

ok if i remember (lol) and back checking the log you did not say so. you said no stores have it. and after i give the link to you. U asked for an es request which all had been played then later you said you'll buy it after work.Wink
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: