StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Personal/Favorite Recipes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Cinder VIP (subscribed member)
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10213

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:41 am   Post subject: Great One for Kids Reply with quote

Tacos in a Bag

Serves: adjustable (I have given you the amounts for 7)
Non-Food Items Needed: pot (for meat)
bowls for other items for service
Food Items Needed: individual bags of Doritos (7)
1 lb. meat-hamburger, ground turkey, or a mix, browned with taco seasoning
1 packet taco seasoning)
toppings:shredded lettuce (1/4 head)
shredded cheese (2 pounds)
tomatoes (2 or 3 chopped)
taco sauce (1 jar)
sour cream (8 oz)

Optional:1 large bag of Doritos in addition

You will need 1 lb of meat per 7 people, and one bag per person (If they want seconds, you can have a big bag to refill from)

A day or so before your trip, brown the meat, drain it, and add the taco seasoning. You might want to add sliced onions to the browning meat.

Bag the meat in freezer bags and freeze if you make a great deal of the meat mix, then it is ready should you want to do this again, or just have everyday tacos. Otherwise, it will keep nicely in refrigerator.

Cooking Instructions:
Chop tomatoes and shred lettuce into bowls. (If you buy pre-shredded cheese, you won't have to shred cheese at this time.)

Reheat the meat mixture.

Serving Suggestions:
You open the Dorito bags carefully and crush the Doritos in the bag. This is your dish, so be careful with it. Add the meat and toppings and eat out of the bag. If you need refills, add Doritos to your bag, crush and continue.

Comments: When you are done, you throw away the bag, and you only have to wash your fork and whatever serving containers you have (I take them home dirty, as I have already packed the wash tubs, so we use my forks).
Commodore

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:50 am   Post subject: soup on a winter day Reply with quote

A Friendly Soup

Serves: As many as you need
Non-Food Items Needed: Large cooking pot,ladle mugs or soup bowls and spoons, knives if you have rolls and butter
can opener

Food Items Needed:
ground meat (we use ground beef)
1 Canned vegetable per invited guest
Optional you could have on hand to add to the soup
large bag of noodles
large container of tomato juice- V-8 is great here
salt, pepper, hot sauce

Cooking Instructions

Pre-cook the ground meat and have it ready when guests start arriving.

As they come in open their can and combine it with the ground meat in the large cooking pot.
The juice from the vegetable cans you are using, will make the broth to cook the noodles later.
Add optional spices.
(Note: you may end up with more vegetables then you can possible eat in one meal, save un-opened cans for future meals)
If you are adding the noodles to the mixture, add the tomatoes juice also. The noodles will absorb some of the liquid as they cook.
Place the filled large pot over stove, stir occasionally, heat until the mixture simmers, or until the noodles are done.

Serving Suggestions: Remove the pot from the heat and ladle directly into waiting dishes. Serve with rolls, bread or crackers.

Favorite vegetable ideas: carrots, peas, potatoes, green beans, yellow beans, corn, lima beans, kidney beans, baby corns, corn-there are a few different kinds, tomatoes, etc.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 440

FrozenHan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View FrozenHan's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cinder

I had the 'Walking Taco' aka 'Tacos in a Bag' at Indian Summer in Milwaukee. They used Fritos. Never had before. Super clever, especially for an outdoor festival

We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

--Tyler Durden

Last edited by FrozenHan on Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
USA Cinder VIP (subscribed member)
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:19 pm   Post subject: Twin Peaks Cherry Pie Reply with quote

Still going strong is the cafe in Twin Peaks. Here is their famous cherry pie recipe.

Title: Twin Peaks Cherry Pie
Categories: Pies
Yield: 1 servings

2 cn sour cherries *
1 c sugar
3 T cornstarch
1/8 t cinnamon
1 pn salt
1 T lemon juice
1/4 t vanilla

* 16-oz each, drained and pitted; reserve 1/2 c liquid.

Combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and salt in medium saucepan.
Stir in reserved cherry liquid and lemon juice. Bring to boil over
medium heat, stirring constantly; boil 1 minute. Remove from heat;
stir in cherries and vanilla. Cool completely.

Preheat oven to 425. Prepare your favorite pastry for a double-crust
pie or use 1 pkg (15 oz) refrigerated pie crusts. Roll half the
pastry on lightly floured surface into a 12-inch circle; line 9-inch
pie plate with pastry.

Spoon in filling. Roll remaining pastry into an 11-inch circle; cut
vents with small, sharp knife. Place pastry over filling; trim
edges, leafing a 1-inch overhang. Pinch edges together. Fold
overhang up over edge and flute.

Bake 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375; bake 30 minutes more, until
crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Cool on wire rack. Serve
warm or at room temperature.

As you can see the name of the Cafe is Twede's. They have all kinds of mementos from the show.
Invite still stands, you get this far and lunch and pie are on me!!

Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:23 am   Post subject: Sweet Potato Fries Reply with quote

These are becoming more and more popular!! They are so yummmy!!!!

Spicy Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
(You'll want to make this over and over so my recipe makes enough spice mix for several batches. Recipe adapted from Epicurious.com.
sweet potatoes, one per person
olive oil (see below)

Seasoning Mix:
2 T ground coriander
1 T ground fennel
1 T dried oregano
1 T Aleppo Pepper (or use a smaller amount of cayenne pepper)
2 T kosher salt

Preheat oven to 425 F. Peel sweet potatoes and cut into strips about 3 inches long and 3/4 inches thick.

In mortar and pestle or spice grinder, grind together coriander, fennel, oregano, and Aleppo pepper. Mix in salt. (This makes enough for several batches of sweet potatoes, so you'll need a small jar to store the extra.)

In plastic bowl, toss together cut sweet potatoes, olive oil, and spice mixture. You will need about 1 T olive oil and 2 tsp. of the spice mixture for every two sweet potatoes, depending on how spicy you like it.

Spray flat roasting pan with non-stick spray. (I would use a non-stick cookie sheet if I had one small enough to fit into my toaster oven!) Spread out sweet potatoes in single layer. Roast 30-40 minutes, turning about every ten minutes. Sweet potatoes should be softened through and lightly browned when they're done. (They will only be slightly crisp. If you wanted them crisper I might increase the temperature to 450 F or use convection if you have it, but sweet potatoes never get as crisp as fried potatoes.) Serve hot.

Sweet Potato Info:
Orange-fleshed sweet potatoes are often called "yams" or "sweet yams" in the United States. This recipe could probably be made with white-fleshed sweet potatoes as well.
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:27 am   Post subject: Food from the movies Reply with quote

Ratatouille’s Ratatouille
As envisioned by Smitten Kitchen

½ onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, very thinly sliced
1 cup tomato puree (such as Pomi)
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 small eggplant (my store sells these “Italian Eggplant” that are less than half the size of regular ones; it worked perfectly)
1 smallish zucchini
1 smallish yellow squash
1 longish red bell pepper
Few sprigs fresh thyme
Salt and pepper
Few tablespoons soft goat cheese, for serving

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Pour tomato puree into bottom of an oval baking dish, approximately 10 inches across the long way. Drop the sliced garlic cloves and chopped onion into the sauce, stir in one tablespoon of the olive oil and season the sauce generously with salt and pepper.

Trim the ends off the eggplant, zucchini and yellow squash. As carefully as you can, trim the ends off the red pepper and remove the core, leaving the edges intact, like a tube.

On a mandoline, adjustable-blade slicer or with a very sharp knife, cut the eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash and red pepper into very thin slices, approximately 1/16-inch thick.

Atop the tomato sauce, arrange slices of prepared vegetables concentrically from the outer edge to the inside of the baking dish, overlapping so just a smidgen of each flat surface is visible, alternating vegetables. You may have a handful leftover that do not fit.

Drizzle the remaining tablespoon olive oil over the vegetables and season them generously with salt and pepper. Remove the leaves from the thyme sprigs with your fingertips, running them down the stem. Sprinkle the fresh thyme over the dish.

Cover dish with a piece of parchment paper cut to fit inside. (Tricky, I know, but the hardest thing about this.)

Bake for approximately 45 to 55 minutes, until vegetables have released their liquid and are clearly cooked, but with some structure left so they are not totally limp. They should not be brown at the edges, and you should see that the tomato sauce is bubbling up around them.

Serve with a dab of soft goat cheese on top, alone, or with some crusty French bread, atop polenta, couscous, or your choice of grain.
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Cind! One of my favorites dishes (and I didn't know this version Wink)
Captain

Member#: 15677

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a real quick easy chicken soup recipe.

You need:

2-4lbs cut up boneless skinless chicken breast
1 can sliced carrots drained
1 can small potatoes cut in half drained
1 can peas drained
1 can condensed chicken noodle soup
water
6qt pressure cooker

All you have to do is combine everything and add 1 condensed soup can of water.

Pressure cook for about 15 min. I let it cool off on it's own, but you can pour cold water on the cooker to hurry it up. It is DELICIOUS.
Captain

Member#: 15677

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another super simple recipe for garlic parmisan noodles.

This is a "to taste" recipe. The portions are according to taste and meal size.

Prepare your favorite pasta noodles according to their directions.

Add butter to grease up the noodles. Usually it takes about 2 or 3 tblspoons for a box of spaghetti.

Add Parmesan cheese. It will soak up a lot of the butter and stick to the noodles.

Add either fresh garlic or garlic powder to taste.

You can garnish with sliced tomatoes dipped in italian dressing or add peas to give it some color.

My 3 kids LOVE this recipe. I never have leftovers. Smile
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:54 pm   Post subject: Halloween treats Reply with quote

Candy Corn Popcorn Balls

If kids are helping shape these treats, make sure the marshmallow mixture is cool enough for them to handle. Store the confections in an airtight container for up to three days.
Ingredients

8 cups popped light butter microwave popcorn (about 1 [3-ounce] bag)
1 cup candy corn
1/4 cup butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (10-ounce) bag marshmallows
Cooking spray
Preparation
Combine popcorn and candy corn in a large bowl.

Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt and (10-ounce) bag marshmallows. Reduce heat to low; cook for 7 minutes or until the marshmallows melt and the mixture is smooth, stirring frequently.

Pour marshmallow mixture over popcorn mixture, stirring to coat well. Lightly coat hands with cooking spray; shape popcorn mixture into 20 (2-inch) balls.
Yield

20 servings (serving size: 1 popcorn ball)

Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:19 pm   Post subject: Pumpkin Cheesecake with caramel swirl Reply with quote

Pumpkin Cheesecake with caramel swirl

Servings: Serves 10

Ingredients

Crust
1 1/2 cups ground gingersnap cookies
1 1/2 cups toasted pecans (about 6 ounces)
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted

Filling
4 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
1 2/3 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups canned solid pack pumpkin
9 tablespoons whipping cream
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground allspice

4 large eggs

1 tablespoon (about) purchased caramel sauce

1 cup sour cream

Directions

For Crust: Preheat oven to 350°F. Finely grind ground cookies, pecans and sugar in processor. Add melted butter and blend until combined. Press crust mixture onto bottom and up sides of 9-inch-diameter springform pan with 2 3/4-inch-high sides.

For Filling: Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until light. Transfer 3/4 cup mixture to small bowl; cover tightly and refrigerate to use for topping. Add pumpkin, 4 tablespoons whipping cream, ground cinnamon and ground allspice to mixture in large bowl and beat until well combined. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating just until combined. Pour filling into crust (filling will almost fill pan). Bake until cheesecake puffs, top browns and center moves only slightly when pan is shaken, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Transfer cheesecake to rack and cool 10 minutes. Run small sharp knife around cake pan sides to loosen cheesecake. Cool. Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.
Bring remaining 3/4 cup cream cheese mixture to room temperature. Add remaining 5 tablespoons whipping cream to cream cheese mixture and stir to combine. Press down firmly on edges of cheesecake to even thickness. Pour cream cheese mixture over cheesecake, spreading evenly. Spoon caramel sauce in lines over cream cheese mixture. Using tip of knife, swirl caramel sauce into cream cheese mixture. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. ) Release pan sides from cheesecake. Spoon sour cream into pastry bag fitted with small star tip (do not stir before using). Pipe decorative border around cheesecake and serve.
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:28 am   Post subject: Soup's on! Reply with quote

Mozart's Favorite Fish Soup Recipe
Source: Eating Well
Makes 4 servings

For the past twenty-five years, chef Herbert Perkelhopher has been cooking in the kitchens of Salzburg's Hotel Goldener Hirsch. He has also been researching and re-creating recipes from the period of Mozart's life in Austria during the late 1700s. One of Mozart's favorite recipes appears to have been fish soup. The following recipe shows its preparation.
RECIPE INGREDIENTS

For the Dumplings:
3 slices stale white bread, dried out overnight
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup ground catfish, about 10 ounces, ground in processor -- don't puree
1 egg white
1 egg
Pinch of dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

For the Vegetable Garnish:
1 carrot, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks, 1 1/2 inches long x 1/8 inch thick
1 medium zucchini, unpeeled, seeded, cut into matchsticks as above
1 stalk celery, cut into matchsticks as above
Fresh chives or tender scallions, cut as thin as chives, in 1-inch-long pieces

For the Fish:
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 skinned catfish fillets, approximately 1 pound total, each halved
1/2 cup flour

For the Soup:
3 cups water
1 1/2 fish bouillon cubes
Pinch of saffron
1 cup low-fat buttermilk
3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
Freshly ground white pepper, to taste
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice

RECIPE METHOD

TO MAKE THE DUMPLINGS: In a bowl, cover the bread with water and soak until softened, about 2 minutes. Then squeeze out the water from the bread with your hands --you should have about 1 cup of damp, broken-up bread. Empty the bowl of water and return the bread to the bowl.

Sauté the onion in oil over low heat until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the bread to the onion and sauté for an additional 5 minutes, breaking up the bread in the pan. Put the mixture back into the bowl, add the fish, egg white, egg, thyme, salt, and pepper. Mix very well. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.

FOR THE GARNISH: Bring a small pan of water to a boil. Add salt and parboil (blanch) each garnish vegetable, except the chives or scallions, individually until almost tender (al dente) and brightly colored, about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Retrieve quickly with a slotted spoon and immerse in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. When all are done, drain and place on a paper towel to absorb excess water. Set aside.

Bring a shallow pan of water to a boil and salt it moderately, then turn down the heat to a steady simmer. Remove the dumpling mixture from the refrigerator and with wet hands (dipped into cold water) form egg yolk-sized balls (about 12). Gently place them into the simmering water in one layer as you form them.

Simmer the dumplings for about 8 minutes. Cut one open and taste to check for doneness. Remove them carefully with a slotted spoon or a skimmer. Keep warm.

FOR THE FISH: Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle the catfish with salt and pepper on both sides and dredge in the flour. Shake off excess flour. Fry in the oil for 2 to 5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness. The thin crust should be golden and the fish tender, you can test it with the tip of a small knife. Place the fish on a paper towel to absorb excess oil. Keep warm.

FOR THE SOUP: Bring the 3 cups of water to a boil. Add the bouillon cubes and dissolve. Turn down heat to low simmer and add the saffron, crushing it between your fingers as it is added. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the buttermilk, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Return to low simmer for 2 minutes. Do not bring to a boil.

Place about 3/4 cup of hot soup in each of 4 shallow soup bowls. Place 2 to 3 dumplings in each bowl and 1 piece of the fried fish fillet in each. Place vegetable garnish on the fillet and sprinkle with the chives or scallions.
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:03 pm   Post subject: Tacos-AGAIN!!! Reply with quote

Cranberry Salsa and Turkey tacos!

* 1 1/2 cups of fresh or frozen cranberries
* 1/2 an apple, peeled and cored
* Chopped serrano or jalapeno chili to taste (about a half a chili, but taste for desired heat)
* 4 Tbsp sugar
* Zest of one orange
* 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
* Dash of lime or lemon juice
* Dash of salt

1 Either grind cranberries and apple together in a grinder, or pulse in a food processor until coarsely shredded, around 10 short pulses.

2 Combine shredded cranberries, orange zest, chile, and sugar in a medium bowl. Let sit 15 minutes for the cranberries to macerate (soften in the sugar). Add cilantro, lime juice, and salt to taste.

Makes a little less than 2 cups.

Turkey Tacos

* 8-12 corn tortillas
* Butter or vegetable oil
* 2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese, or mild cheddar
* Cooked turkey meat, cut into bite-sized pieces
* Lettuce, preferably iceberg lettuce, sliced very thin and sprinkled with a little vinegar and salt, about 2 cups
* Avocados, peeled and sliced

Heat a large frying pan (preferably cast iron) on medium high heat. Unless you are using freshly made homemade tortillas, you will need to soften them first. Working one or two at a time, spread a little butter on one side of the tortilla and fry it in the hot pan for a few seconds on both sides. Most commercially made tortillas will bubble up a little when cooked like this.

Sprinkle one side of the tortilla with grated cheese, and cover one half of the tortilla with turkey meat. Fold over one side of the tortilla onto the other (like an omelette. Cook until the cheese is melted. You may need to flip the tacos over to cook the other side, but if the cheese is completely melted this is unnecessary.

Serve with cranberry salsa, fresh shredded lettuce (sprinkled first with a little vinegar and salt), and avocados.

Serves 4.

Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:38 pm   Post subject: Holiday Doggie Bagels Reply with quote

Holiday Doggie Bagels

1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup rye flour
2 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast
2/3 cup chicken broth, warmed
1 tablespoon honey
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon water
colored gels
sesame seeds

Preheat oven to 375

In a large mixing bowl, whisk together whole wheat flour and yeast. Pour in warmed chicken broth and honey - beat for about 3 minutes. Stir in the remaining flours - scoop the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth - add sprinkles of flour if the dough seems sticky. Cover and let briefly rest for about 5 to 10 minutes. Evenly divide the dough into about 24 sections and roll each piece into a ball. Lightly flour a finger and press it through the center of the dough ball to make a hole - gently stretch the dough until the hole is about 1" wide.

Place the shaped bagels on a parchment lined baking sheet - cover and let rest for about 5 to 10 minutes.

In a small bowl, mix together egg yolk and water. Divide into two small bowls and mix each with a small amount of your choice of gel colors. Use a pastry brush to gently "paint" the bagels - immediately sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.

Bake until golden and firm - about 20 minutes. Turn the oven off and allow the bagels to cool completely.

Makes 24 treats.
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

So the above bagels are for pets, not for people? Doesn't look like they would be harmful, but it's always good to be sure.

jeff
sdg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 5 of 17

Jump to: