StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

DHTML Menu Bug Reports
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Help
View previous topic :: View next topic 
graywolf
Commander
Commander

Member#: 2693

graywolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website graywolf's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:32 am   Post subject: DHTML Menu Bug Reports Reply with quote

If you are having problems with the DHTML menu please leave a message here with the following information:

What operating system are you using:
What browser and version are you using:
Describe the condition as best as possible:

example

Operating System: Windows XP PRO
Browser: Firefox 1.0
Error Condition: describe the condition as much as possible.

Keep posts technical in nature with just the facts, no rants please.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 5528

thettumom is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website thettumom's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:56 am   Post subject: Problems Reply with quote

Okay, so I'm having trouble.
Operating System: OS X (mac) 10.3.5
Browser: IE 5.2 for mac
Problem:

The menu sort of shows up out of no where...floats to the top...is available for a short while and then disappears. I don't see where to get it back. When I hover over the word (when it IS there) I see the drop down options very briefly, sometimes it shows up and disappears just as quickly. I can't get it to stay available long enough for me to click on it... I tried it in Safari as well, and the drop down menu will stay, but when I move the mouse to click on something it disappears. And as I've been typing this, the menu showed up on top of the forum reply box, has not moved, when I try to use it, it still doesn't stay available long enough for me to actually use it. Nevermind that it is just sitting there not quite mid-screen for no apparent reason....very odd. (maybe I need to refresh or soemthing...'cause another menu just floated past w/ this one still sitting here.
Thanks for the help.
Quotable quote: "I truly believe that if you are going to do something that it should be done wholeheartedly with passion. I don't care if it is football or teaching....it deserves 100%, and bringing your emotion into it only makes you real--and most
Norway Muriel VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

aw

Member#: 333

Muriel is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Muriel's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:48 pm   Post subject: Re: DHTML Menu Bug Reports Reply with quote

Windows XP Pro SP1
FireFox 0.9.2
ADSL 1700/512
P4 2.0GHz

With the new changes it feels like the site is slower than before. I've timed how long it took to click me in here from the homepage and there is an average of 30 seconds loading time per page. For me that is just too slow. It was slow before the changes but it feels like it's slower now.
Belgium Tron
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4034

Tron is offline View user's profile Send private message Tron's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:57 pm   Post subject: Re: DHTML Menu Bug Reports Reply with quote

Chandler wrote:
Windows XP Pro SP1
FireFox 0.9.2
ADSL 1700/512
P4 2.0GHz

With the new changes it feels like the site is slower than before. I've timed how long it took to click me in here from the homepage and there is an average of 30 seconds loading time per page. For me that is just too slow. It was slow before the changes but it feels like it's slower now.

Windows XP Pro SP2
FireFox 1.0
ADSL 3000/512
AMD AThlon 3000+

If it has to do with the new layout, i have this problem too.
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll post about the slowness too. I've noticed it particularly in the forums. The rest of the frames
in the layout come up right away, but the primary
forum frame is delayed, often by many seconds.

Gentoo Linux/Firefox 1.0
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041115 Firefox/1.0

jeff
sdg
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think the slowness is related to the menu. There have been a lot of ISP issues today.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA schroddie
Commander
Commander

Member#: 7501

schroddie is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website schroddie's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am experiencing slowness also since the new format has been installed (yesterday AND today).
It takes a long time to load any page from the website. I can see "Welcome schroddie!" right away but then, on any page I open on the website, it takes several seconds for the page to appear... if it ever appears Sad

Windows XP-Pro
Internet Explorer
speed higher than ADSL but don't know exactly (server from university)
P4 Don't know how many GHz (computer from office)

Last edited by schroddie on Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Norway Muriel VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

aw

Member#: 333

Muriel is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Muriel's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

Right now the site is as fast as I remember it was, though there are times its loading a few seconds slower than usual but it picks up the speed fairly fast once I've got an entire page loaded.

Edit:

Yet it still took around an entire minute to post this post. But I can accept ISP problems for now.

Last edited by Muriel on Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Chandler wrote:
Update:

Right now the site is as fast as I remember it was, though there are times its loading a few seconds slower than usual but it picks up the speed fairly fast once I've got an entire page loaded.

Same here, all of a sudden.
Commander

schroddie is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website schroddie's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I found a bug: when you are trying to make a request, if your mouse goes over the new "floating bar" (have no idea how that thing is called), it overlaps the request part so you cannot type anything under request. It goes away after a minute or so.
And a last thing is that, in some places (not in the forum but in requests for example), it is not possible to scroll by using the rolling part that is ON the mouse.

Apart from these problems, the website is pretty cool like that! You're doing an awesome job here!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 548

korkster is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website korkster's Favorites are Private
AIM Address MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:01 am   Post subject: Problems encountered after update Reply with quote

Operating System: Windows XP Pro
Browser: Both IE6 and Firefox

Issues:

1) Extremely slow response (ranges in parens)
a) When 1st bringing up the site (20-45 secs)
b) When changing pages on refresh (6-20 secs)
c) Entering line to chat (1-15 secs)
d) When going to request
e) Choosing a track

2) Choices under menu are hard to see (black on blue)

3) Unusually long lag times (up to 2:00 minutes at one point.

These are all new developments experienced beginning Monday 11/22.
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

OS XP Home Edition
FF 1.0

There may be absolutely no connection here other than coincidence, but when there are less people on, mine runs faster. Like last night, mine was flying loading pages, posting in chat, etc.

But this morning it's back to being slow again. Same as what kork posted on his point 1)

I don't really have a lag time on l365.
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

With the new floating menu, there are some questions in the FAQ (such as "How do I request?") that need to be modified. Hum good luck!
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 5247

lilac is offline View user's profile Send private message lilac's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows XP Pro
Opera 7.51

The problem I'm having has to be a browser compatibility issue. The dropdown portion of the menu appears behind the currently playing module so the only way to use it is to scroll down, wait for the menu to appear, and then make your selection. It could also be a function of the z axis. Not entirely sure. Hope there is a fix for this as Opera is a wonderful browser but isn't always tested for by web developers/designers.
Also the spaceholder bar at the top for the menu appears to be one or two pixels smaller in height than the actual menu system. Nitpicky but I noticed. Thanks
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I brought this to the DHTML software developers attention and the response was that is was Opera's fault and they hope they fix it. Not what I was looking for but oh well. I'm going to try a flash menu next. Thanks for submitting all these reports everyone.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: