StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Netflix
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA schroddie
Commander
Commander

Member#: 7501

schroddie is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website schroddie's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:39 pm   Post subject: Netflix Reply with quote

Netflix
I am thinking about trying... Does anybody use it? Would you recommend it?
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Blockbuster has the same program and you can get new releases. Netflix is a little slow on the new releases.
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Netflix and think it's very convenient because I can keep movies for longer than a couple days. The films arrive very quickly, within a few days, and I haven't had any service problems yet.

The foreign film selection isn't too bad, so that keeps me happy. You just have to know what you're looking for because there's lots of titles that never appear on their recommendation lists.
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wal-Mart also offers a similar service. Last time I checked all the prices were similar, but blockbuster offered 2 free in store rentals a month to all members. Taking advantage of that gets you a little more for your $$. I seem to recall that one of the 3 had significanly fewer titles in their library at the time. I'm sure that will be overcome though.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=5430&path=0:5430

jeff
sdg
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Blockbuster has this in house as well you pay a monthly free to check out 2 or 3 movies at time, you can keep them for as long as you want. You get new releases as well.
Commander

schroddie is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website schroddie's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also a similar thing in Hollywood Video. Free MVP rentals for $20 a month, I think or something along those lines.

I was talking about Netflix with a friend during my lunch time. Apparently after one year, Netflix gets very bad and send you scratched DVDs or DVDs that do not even work. Is that true? zirael, how long have you used it?
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 299

Saffron is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Saffron's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

schroddie-
I have been with Netflix for 2 years now and have no current compliants. They went through a really big growth spurt last year and things took more time. Things have since gotten back to normal. We have the 5 movie plan (we watch a lot of movies)and out of the hundreds we have watched not one was unplayable. I have been very happy with them and would not considering changing, however, I will admit if I were signing up today I would seriously look at both Netflix and Blockbuster before deciding.
I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music. - George Elliot
USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

i watch some anime noe time but have not got anythink more. that was like 3yrs ago:D
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Netflix! Please sign up through JERIC's link so he can get a commission! Very Happy

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

jeric your link isn't showing, i went to edit it, but i don't see an error.
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Schroddie, I've been with Netflix for several months and while some of the older DVDs are a little scratched they have all played fine. To me, it's not any different than the condition of the DVDs at the local video store. Besides, you can ask for a replacement if it doesn't play.

I've gone down to the 4 a month plan because I don't have time to watch so many movies and still want to go to the theaters. You may want to sign up for the free trials from each company and compare the services and selections before you decide.
USA schroddie
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for your help!! If/When I try, I'll go through your link Jeric so you can get the commission Wink

BTW thuring, Jeric's link may not work for now probably because Netflix is down temporarily.
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

schro, it should still show up in the forum and it isn't there. I thought he left it out until i went into edit.
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It shows up here.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

i get this on my screen:

I love Netflix! Please sign up through so he can get a commission!

I have to hit quote or edit to see the link. Is this going to be like obi's avatar thing again?? i don't remember how i fixed it. Does everyone else see the words "Jeric's Link" ?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: