StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Member Favorites
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA hektor
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 8239

hektor is offline View user's profile Send private message hektor's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:01 pm   Post subject: Member Favorites Reply with quote

I would like to see a feature that would allow members to click on a playlist track and add it to a "Favorites" category that would appear on the Request menu. Perhaps for VIP members this Favorites list could be used for automated requests.
shock
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 3465

shock is offline View user's profile Send private message shock's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Good suggestion.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

We purposely don't do this, as we prefer for you to explore the enormous playlist and discover new favorites instead of just requesting same few songs you already like over and over and over and over.
USA hektor
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 8239

hektor is offline View user's profile Send private message hektor's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I see your point. I could very easily fall into that trap myself. I actually appreciate the 7 day no-repeat for that exact reason, it has pushed me to explore new music. It was this process of exploration that lead me to think about the Favorites list; as I hear new music I like, it would be nice to have a convenient place to compile a list. What I'm doing now is kind of klugy, I click on the album as it is playing and I bookmark the page that is displayed after substituting the default "Album Information" label with the Album's actual title.
USA schroddie
Commander
Commander

Member#: 7501

schroddie is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website schroddie's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

When I discover a music I like, I write it on a piece a paper... Now I have pieces of paper everywhere on my desk at work! I try to collect them in a general list but still too many. I am thinking about creating an excel file for it... Apart from that, I do like your idea but I know some listeners request the same song over and over again and I wouldn't like to make their life easier.
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 10794

jbarta is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View jbarta's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:40 pm   Post subject: Favorite Idea Reply with quote

With the new RIAA rules in force I think this may need a second look. The argument that people would just play their favorites over and over again is somewhat diminished with these rules. I have often heard a nice ST and said, cool I should request another song from that album! I have made a point of trying to remember all these wonderful ST’s available but with the sheer volume, most of my “favorites” get lost and I end up not sending in a request because I either can’t think of a good track/album, or can’t remember which ones were “good”. I think that this would allow a greater presence of lesser-played quality soundtracks that have been buried or lost in the shuffle of newer ones becoming available.

jbarta
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean jbarta. I guess what you could do is mark the things down that you liked today for requesting tomorrow. Just an idea. I know these rules are awefully inconvenient and I apologize for that.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA Techo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 5054

Techo is offline View user's profile Send private message View Techo's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I just copy the currently playing title text and paste in to an ever growing txt file Smile
Asriana
Commander
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I have such a horrible memory Rolling Eyes I use Post-it notes while I'm at work. The problem is, sometimes I lose those and can't remember where I heard a song, or who composed it. With the new rules into play, I'd really like a way to remember something I've heard and be able to hear it again. Remember, variety is our friend! Very Happy

Jeric - don't sweat it about the RIAA. It's not your fault and I hope you don't think we're upset with you because of it. You do a phenomenal job with this site and maintaining it! Very Happy
Cadet 1

Member#: 533

petrock is offline View user's profile Send private message petrock's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Chalk up another support for a "favorites list"
Commander
Commander

Member#: 6471

Tjoe is offline View user's profile Send private message Tjoe's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I maintain a text file (like Techo) and organize it (sort of) by genres and moods and instruments.
Commander

Member#: 5527

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I just request the same thing over aqnd over. That way i won't forget. Smile
Commander

Member#: 5527

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I double posted so I will edit overtop. Soundtracks are good.
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the ideas! I think I'm going to start a spreadsheet of soundtracks and maybe even rate them. That way I know if there's something I want to hear more or not as frequently.

It just stinks having a horrible memory, hearing something awesome and then forgeting what you heard. Rolling Eyes
Commander

Member#: 7501

schroddie is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website schroddie's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Asriana, same here. Very very bad memory, it's pathetic... I have created a database with Access on my part. I have put "album", "song", "composer" (to meet the RIAA requirements not to request twice the composer in a queue), and "style" (what music I want to hear at a given time depends a lot on my mood at that moment)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: