StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

No Repeats: 8-13 Days (i.e. not a multiple of 7)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Altoid
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 413

Altoid is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Altoid's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:57 am   Post subject: No Repeats: 8-13 Days (i.e. not a multiple of 7) Reply with quote

No Repeats: 8-13 Days (i.e. not a multiple of 7)

I'm sure many others have noticed this trend; did a search of the forums and came up empty so thought I'd put it out there.. Would like to see an increase in the time between repeats to 8 days (or more!)

What I'm noticing is the weekly repeat of certain tracks every Monday, etc.

Would be nice to shake it up and, quoting Cocles here, "force a lot of Donald Dingus' to explore" Smile
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, yep. We got Donald Dingus to stop requesting the same song every afternoon at 5pm. Now we need to get him to stop requesting the same song every monday at 5pm. Wink
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the new random request button will help that. People seem to be using it.

Plus - what's a Friday afternoon w/o Jump-in-Line from Beetlejuice. Or Tuesday from Bed of Roses, played every Tuesday. I think some of the "traditions" are fun.
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

And don't forget Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride on Monday morning (now stuck on Tuesday morning it seems).

Wink

jeff
sdg
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, I miss being annoyed by that first thing monday morning.

Fortunately there are enough Dracula Perfect Battle tracks for me to request one every morning at 6:30 for a couple weeks.

And Altoid - weren't you the one who requested Alabama from Crimson Tide a certain day of the week as you left leaving the rest of us subject to the length
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

8 days it is.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Jeric.

At some point, I say we do no repeats for one month.

Why?

Because we can.
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me (still enough drac for that Wink )
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4034

Tron is offline View user's profile Send private message Tron's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be awesome. Smile
Norway Sensei
Commander
Commander

Member#: 12

Sensei is offline View user's profile Send private message View Sensei's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cocles wrote:
Hey, Jeric.
At some point, I say we do no repeats for one month.
Why?
Because we can.

Pretty soon everyone has to use the random selection cos they can't find requestable tracks otherwise. Laughing
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why i like it sensei, i don't have to think of what i want to play then pop it up, it's not available, go look for something else, etc
now i just hit the button and I'm done
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

mixing it up helps. most of my picks are with the random.
Admiral (Administrator)

aw

Member#: 333

Muriel is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Muriel's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a random no-repeat for each track? So that one request might get a 5 day no-repeat and the next get a 12 day. Could possibly add some more randomness to the queue (in the long run).

EDIT:

This could also be combined with a kind of cencoring of the time until the track can be requested again until there are 2-3 days left. So that when one requests and the randomness is added to the no-repeat there would be a "Requestable again: X days". That way people couldn't speculate in when they could request it again.
teachplus3
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 8293

teachplus3 is offline View user's profile Send private message teachplus3's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I definately like this random pick and longer replay times. I have really enjoyed getting to hear some stuff I would never have listened to. Sometimes I don't request at all. I just listen and learn.

Chandler I think that would be a great idea. Then we are forced out of our rut and get to hear some otherwise ignored great sound tracks.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 90

Pixie is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Pixie's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like a no-win situation. First, we want to pick everything we hear, and we want the request time/quantity limit changed so we can pick more songs. Then the queue gets so long that we all complain that it is too long. But then we don't get to pick frequently enough. Then there is not enough variety. Then there is a bunch of stuff playing that we don't like. Then we have so many tracks we never get to hear...blah blah blah...

Idea Why don't you all just stop requesting every time you can request again and let SAM pick some songs for you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: