StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Donation Meter - Very Pleased
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:04 am   Post subject: Donation Meter - Very Pleased Reply with quote

I would just like to say thanks to eveyone who has contributed recently. We reached our goal!!! I am very very happy about this! Thank you so much! By your support it really shows me how much SST really means to you all. And that means so much to me.

I am raising the bar next month. Some of you may have noticed I increased the number of listener slots too. By doing this I hope to get more NEW listeners and contributors.

I am continuing to experiment with advertising, VIP and donations to come up with the best balance of revenue that makes everyone happy and allows SST to grow.

We are hitting 8,000 members today too. I also have some major annoucements coming soon. Smile

Thanks again everyone!

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.... this really is your baby Jeric...

Can the rest of you sense how much this guy cares about the betterment of the site... And the quality he presents to his listeners?

Keep up the good work Jeric... I hope some day you see a profit from this Wink maybe when you go XM....*fingers crossed*
USA zirael
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The donation meter was a fantastic idea! It looks like people are stepping up because they're more informed.
UK mellowman
Captain
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great, great news! Anything that increases the success of SST is good in my book.

Personally, Jeric, I think you deserve every success for all you and your team do here.

Thought I'd ask, leggy, and show my ignorance - what is XM?
doodle
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 7277

doodle is offline View user's profile Send private message doodle's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the meter a series of static bitmaps, JERIC, or is their some server-side rendering madness going on?
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

XM is/was the main satelite radio service here in the states... i think that have sirus now too...

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

doodle wrote:
Is the meter a series of static bitmaps, JERIC, or is their some server-side rendering madness going on?

B. GD Library - Same thing that produces the login image.

USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jeric, who came up with the donation meter idea? It was pretty great!
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 14

gecko is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website gecko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS COC FOR TEH COOL IDEAS! You beast.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooyah.
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Really C? that is so cool. I really think it will help the site.

I also really like the requested by thing too. and glad there's no IRC chat - and work chat, so it blends in with my ms word.

Great job on all the cool ideas around here.
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, sheesh, someone's been doing their homework.

(...Or found Jeric's old "Things Cocles Keeps Incessantly Nagging Me To Add To The Site" list. Wink)
USA Kikketer
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 5075

Kikketer is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Kikketer's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work, I love the new donation meter.

One question:
I want to contribute to SST but I don't know the best way. I want all my money to go to SST. I know you have the VIP thing with live365 (and that's the only place I listen to it through). But I fear if I pay for their monthly thing you will only get a fraction of my money. Is it possible to say donate directly on a monthly basis and be able to request songs? I'm not sure if you have this already in place, like a membership just to SST.

I know that I would still have the live365 ads and stuff but I don't mind.
Commander

Member#: 6471

Tjoe is offline View user's profile Send private message Tjoe's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikketer wrote:
... I want all my money to go to SST.

WOW!! That's extremely generous! I know I certainly couldn't give ALL my money to SST. Yet again, I don't know what Jeric could do with my 5 dollars and 12 cents Wink

Kikketer wrote:
...Is it possible to say donate directly on a monthly basis and be able to request songs? I'm not sure if you have this already in place, like a membership just to SST.

Word is that they (the powers that be) are considering some ways of doing that. But, you know that you can still request right now as long as VIP isn't turned on, don't you? Just use the VIP request button. VIP isn't on all that often, so you should be able to request.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who helped us reach our goal again this month. I'm raising the bar again next month and I'm also raising the listener cap. So look for us to surpass the record of 480 concurrent listeners. The Live365 numbers have dropped a bit which I expected. Fortunately we haven't lost our #3 spot yet. With the #1 and #2 spots FAR out of reach I will continue this to do my best to make the webcast available to as many people as possible. If we start to slide to #4 the SHOUTcast streams will be severely cut.

I'm asking you please, if you CAN listen to Live365, PLEASE do. It still helps us a lot!

Thanks again!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: