StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$154.46

3 Donations:
$345.54

StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-5) Shru $50.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-3) Anonymous $50.00
Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Graeme Revell - The Siege
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added
View previous topic :: View next topic 
S1L3nCe
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 8795

S1L3nCe is offline View user's profile Send private message S1L3nCe's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:53 am   Post subject: Graeme Revell - The Siege Reply with quote

Hi Guys!

Firs of all hi everyone and Merry Xmas!
I have to say that thanks to you guys one of my dreams has become true Smile I always wanned a radio station related exclusively to soundtracks and here is it! Very Happy Thank you so much guys!

I wanned to do a request as well. Here are all the details Smile I hope this helps

-----------------------------------------------------

The Siege
movie year: 1998
composer: Graeme Revell
label: Varese Sarabande (VSD 5989)

Review:

This 1998 film was directed by Edward Zwick (The Last Samurai) and starred Denzel Washington, Annette Bening and Bruce Willis among others. The score belongs to composer Graeme Revell, who presents an attractive whole, built of Duduk and eastern-sounding rhythmic and groovy percussion (track 2 and 5), reminiscent of the tricks Hans Zimmer utilised later in Blackhawk Down. Noteworthy instrumentation includes the brilliant duduk alone (track 10), ethnic male and female vocals (track 4, 6, 10, 11, 12, or the fascinating track 1), beautiful string lines (track 3, 11), dark synths and haunting piano (track 1, 4 ), gentle piano writing in (track 10 and 12), lively and vivid percussion playing, Odd wind instruments, like the pan flute (track 3 and 6)... which clearly sends us to Hans Zimmer's overall sound for Beyond Rangoon. Altogether, these elements make up for an interesting result. I do not say "excellent result" because all this dreamy atmosphere is ruined by the numerous tracks that serve only for plain underscore for the movie and reduce the CD's listening quality. Now, for the standout tracks, along with the opening piece, the best cue of the entire score is also track 11, which starts with some mysterious lines by the horn and continues with sweeping string lines along with the ethnic vocals, which contrast with each other and successfully create a wonderful atmosphere.

cd tracklisting

1. The Sheik's Abduction
2. The Blue Bus
3. Theater Bombing
4. The FBI Building
5. Samie & Sharon
6. City of Fear
7. Investigation
8. Marshall Law
9. The Siege
10. Torture
11. The Prisoners' Release
12. Hub's Theme

----------------------------------------

Byee! And thanks once more Smile
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a link?

And also, I recommend checking out the Newbie FAQ as well as the sticky posts within the forum.
S1L3nCe
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

S1L3nCe is offline View user's profile Send private message S1L3nCe's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

A link for what? For that info?

If that is... http://www.moviemusic.com/comments.asp?id=siege&author=2373&rn=1

Cheers Very Happy
Caliburn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

*cough* SST already has it *cough*
S1L3nCe
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Very Happy

Then play it Razz

By the way. I've been looking (for a few years now) for the soundtrack from a videogame called "Dreams to Reality" Is now a bit old but I remember it had great music. Is there any place where I can find it? I'm a bit desperate after all this time Sad
Commodore

aw

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

S1L3nCe wrote:

Then play it Razz
??

Silence, read the friggin' Newbie faq and figure out how this site works. Stop barking orders and wasting our time by requesting CD's we already have.

Plus, your "Dreams to Reality" question, belongs within its own thread in a different part of this forum.
S1L3nCe
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cmon... that "Then just play it" was a joke. Be easy dude.

And about the "Dreams to Reality" I just wanned to know if you had it to make a future request... I gess you dont have it.

PS: You dont need to be rude to make things clear.

Thanks for your "wasted" time by the way...
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm rude to dinguses who ask stupid questions because they haven't taken five minutes to figure out how this site works. There's a playlist that lists everything this site has.

You'd know that if you had read the FAQ's, which you obviously haven't... probably because you're lazy and would rather ask here.

Get off your can and read the FAQ's.

I'm rude because you asked for it.
S1L3nCe
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

You obviously dont know much about self integrity... but it's ok. Most people don't know (but I think you are rude by nature). Im just trying to be nice (and may be yeah, I was lazy... whatever) but you dont have to insult me for that dude.

Anyway, I read that freaking FAQ and I suggest you to work on it because there is no such "Playlist / Requests link in the Menu to the left of the site" ... so who is playing lazy here? x__D

PS: (Are you broke? And thats how you wanna get donations... cmon duuudeee... relax! x___D )
Lieutenant

Member#: 7050

Diamondback is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Diamondback's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the thing of it is, you can figure out some of the stuff without looking at the FAQ, like by exploring the site. Requesting is easy to find at the top of this site. Also a little bit of common sense dictates that you look to see if the site has it before requesting it. Even I knew that when I was a newbie and hadn't gotten to reading the FAQ yet. A little bit of common sense goes a long way.
S1L3nCe
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanned to pick on Cocles Diamondback... Anyway, do this guys pay you to stick with them? Or even worse, do you pay them? x____D

Here is my common sense. I'm not gonna lose my time posting to have these kind of "weak" replies anymore.

PS: It's funny that a Spaniard with his crappy Enlgish can play smart on you (and by Spaniard I mean MYSELF, in case that you didn't get it)

Last edited by S1L3nCe on Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The playlist has been moved around a lot recently as we're experimenting with the menu's.

Going into the chat and saying, "Hey the FAQ mentions a playlist on the left, but I don't see it. Anyone have a suggestion?" would be a perfectly valid question and show that you had gone to a little effort on your own (which counts for a lot).

As it is, I think you're a quintessential example of the type of newb we don't need nor like around here.
Diamondback
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 7050

Diamondback is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Diamondback's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, give it a rest. The majority of the people here respect the admins and mods who have put their time and effort into making this site. If you want to have any credit, I strongly suggest that when an admin or mod asks you to read a FAQ or do something else, you do that, especially before asking a question because it will probably be answered there. And as of right now, you haven't earned much credit from your posts.
Pixie
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 90

Pixie is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Pixie's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

S1L3nCe wrote:
I just wanned to pick on Cocles Diamondback... Anyway, do this guys pay you to stick with them? Or even worse, do you pay them? x____D

Here is my common sense. I'm not gonna lose my time posting to have these kind of "weak" replies anymore.

PS: It's funny that a Spaniard with his crappy Enlgish can play smart on you (and by Spaniard I mean MYSELF, in case that you don't get it)

Wow, that is some very impressive "Enlgish"

You had better be careful or someone may "play smart" on you next! Laughing Rolling Eyes
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read S1L3nCe's latest reply and I'd like to point something out to all our wonderful boys and goils of SST.

We've already established that "S1L3nCe" is a quintessential newb.

Now notice that he says he's "playing smart on me".

While I'm not sure what the "on me" part means... (it does sound kind of gross) the "playing smart" part could not better define what it is newbies do.

Instead of actually "being smart" by reading up, hanging low, and figuring this place out, they too often prefer to just jump in head first and "play smart" assuing none of us will notice what a doofus they are when they don't realize we have a posted playlist, or when they make requests for the queue in our forum.

So remember kids. Just like the Cocles-Brand bumper sticker says, "Be smart. Don't play smart."

And S1L3nCe... word from the wise, take a few of those capitals and numbers out of your nick. It makes you look 13.

Mine almost says "cockless" and it's still more mature.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: