StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$154.46

3 Donations:
$345.54

StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-5) Shru $50.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-3) Anonymous $50.00
Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Back to the Future (Original Soundtrack)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Trinity3777
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Member#: 124

Trinity3777 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Trinity3777's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:01 am   Post subject: Back to the Future (Original Soundtrack) Reply with quote

Picture of CD (will not display)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B000002O4S/ref=dp_product-image-only_0/103-6787518-6511022?%5Fencoding=UTF8&n=5174

I'm not a big fan of all the songs from the soundtrack, but most of them were either by people in the movie, or scores from the movie. Here are the tracks that I propose adding from that playlist

1. Power of Love - Huey Lewis & the News
3. Back to the Future - Outatime Orchestra
5. Back in Time - Huey Lewis & the News
6. Back to the Future Overture - Outatime Orchestra
8. Night Train - Marvin Berry
9. Earth Angel - Marvin Berry
10. Johnny B. Goode - Marty McFly

I know there are a ton of people who love the BTTF series - we gotta have at least "The Power of Love"
Laughing

Here is a link to the Amazon website:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000002O4S/ref=cm_ciu_custimg_item_1/103-6787518-6511022?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance

Thanks!
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Trinity3777 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Trinity3777's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I just heard "Mighty Wings" by Cheap Trick playing, a track from the Top Gun Soundtrack being played. This is another soundtrack that has songs with lyrics by 80's bands - but BTTF is better ( personal opinion Wink )
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Pass. This is a pop song soundtrack. I'd rather wait for a legal version of the bootleg to be released.

And Trinity as an old timer you should know that Top Gun is an extreme exception around here because Jeric is a Navy man.
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

well plus, who DOESN"T think of Top Gun when they here Danger Zone. None of those songs make me think of BTTF (well except the one titled that)
Lieutenant Commander

aw

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thur - You don't know the song, The Power of Love? Who are you people? You can honestly tell me that the song "The Power of Love" by Huey Luis and the News doesn't make you think of BTTF? Can anyone back me here? If SilverRose saw this I know she would.

Cocles - point taken - I understand Top Gun, but what about all the others like "The Transformers" or "Labyrinth" or "Purple Rain". All the songs that I have requested were performed by actors or were very inspirational towards the movie. I cut out several random track off the playlist I proposed.
Captain

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Trinity3777 wrote:
Thur - You don't know the song, The Power of Love? Who are you people? You can honestly tell me that the song "The Power of Love" by Huey Luis and the News doesn't make you think of BTTF? Can anyone back me here? If SilverRose saw this I know she would.

Cocles - point taken - I understand Top Gun, but what about all the others like "The Transformers" or "Labyrinth" or "Purple Rain". All the songs that I have requested were performed by actors or were very inspirational towards the movie. I cut out several random track off the playlist I proposed.

yes i know the song, had NO idea it was from BTTF. Purple rain songs were all written for the movie. Don't even bring up the transformers arguement - you'll lose. Wink
Commander

Member#: 6471

Tjoe is offline View user's profile Send private message Tjoe's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I _LOVE_ BTTF - but I don't agree with adding those songs. The only "song" I'd consider would be "Back In Time" as it was really meant for the movie, but I don't agree with the other songs. The Back To The Future theme is awesome (and found on the Trilogy here). I have the CD that has all those pop songs on it. Then I found that there was a version of just the scores - was so dissapointed that I didn't get that instead.
Lieutenant Commander

aw

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys aren't making this any easier...
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of associate "The Power of Love" with BTTF. I would consider adding that track but I'd rather not add this album out of spite. I'd rather fight for the full score to be released than settle for the marketing gimmick.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

*notes the word score not song* Wink and if i here power of love i don't think of BTTF. plus was it made for the the movie? if not then i guess we don't need it.
Lieutenant Commander

aw

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It was made for the movie - the music video is on the BTTF DVD Trilogy - it stars Christopher Lloyd and the DeLorean used in the movie. I own the soundtrack, but you could also purchase the track for 99 cents using iTunes or another provider.

1. Power of Love - Huey Lewis & the News
5. Back in Time - Huey Lewis & the News

These songs were both made for the movie - the lyrics for "Back in Time" directly reference the movie, "Tell me Doctor, where are we going this time? Is this the fifties, or 1999?" The song, ironically enough, is played on Marty McFly's radio alarm when he is woken up the morning he goes to see Doc Brown at the Lone Pine Mall, also know as the Twin Pines Mall before Marty plows down one of the pine trees on his initial time travel experience.

I am a huge BTTF fan so maybe I'm a little partial to this than other people, so I won't push it any further. Your call, Jeric.
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

JERIC wrote:
I'd rather not add this album out of spite. I'd rather fight for the full score to be released than settle for the marketing gimmick.

I agree. If everyone seems satisfied with this, will they ever release the score?
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

A long time ago I posted a poll about what percentage of score to song do you prefer on a soundtrack. My answer was 90% score, 10% songs. If they release the score they should definately include the songs that were made for the movie while omtting the ones that were "insprired" by it.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA Trinity3777
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed and that has happened more and more as the industry becomes more established. The movie/cd was issued in 1985, and had it come out in 2005 instead - I believe there would be a full film score, as done in BTTF 2 and BTTF 3.
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Transformers - Allowed because it's one of Jeric's absolute favorite scores.

Labyrinth - It's a musical, which gives a "little" leeway. Emphasize "little". It also happens to be one of my favorite musicals, so it's allowed to fly beneath the radar.

Purple Rain - I'm all for Purple Rain being removed.

I stand with Jeric on this one. I do associate "Back in Time" and "Power of Love" with Back to the Future, but I'd rather make a stand for the full score to be released.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: