StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Live365 - OFFICIAL STREAMS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:27 pm   Post subject: Live365 - OFFICIAL STREAMS Reply with quote

This is a warning to all SHOUTcast/Icecast listeners. We are no longer going to support non-Live365 streams. The only non-Live365 streams that will be available will be the free relays we have and they will only be there to get more listeners from SHOUTcast/Icecast. All non-Live365 listen links will be removed from the listen block. We will not offer support for non-Live365 streams either.

This take effect after the next sever reboot. That should be Friday night or sooner.

If you listen to non-Live365 streams you should start to learn how now. I will make an official announcement on the home page on the next update. This is just a heads up.

Thank you.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Tjoe
Commander
Commander

Member#: 6471

Tjoe is offline View user's profile Send private message Tjoe's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeric, will you be adding to the number of free listeners to your Hi and Low feeds on L365?

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

If the demand is there, yes. I hope it is. I'll add as many Live365 streams as it takes to keep listening free.

Majkel78
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 8047

Majkel78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Majkel78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this for ever? No more Winamp or WindowsMedia?
Caliburn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

You can still use your 3rd party player with l365. There is a FAQ for that, JERIC we need a link to Korkters FAQ within the listen block above the large 365 picture: a "Listen to l365 with winamp" link
korkster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 548

korkster is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website korkster's Favorites are Private
AIM Address MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:14 pm   Post subject: L365 FAQ Reply with quote

I happened to check that FAQ out again just to make sure the steps worked and they still do.

There was mention of Radio365 for L365, but I believe that you can only use that if you are a VIP member. In fact, I know this, because I had a bit of a technical situation where I subscribed on a trial basis, then cancelled (I later re-subscribed). I was able to download the R365 player, but when I cancelled, it was no longer operative. When I resubscribed, it was active again.

Hope this helps anyone on the L365 side. Its such a great deal (less than 15 cents a day) to be able to listen to SST (and about 3000 other stations if you are so inclined). I cant imagine why anyone wouldnt take advantage of it.

Kork
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 9:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Live365 wrote:
While you may be able to listen with certain players and configurations using Linux, Live365 does not officially support that operating system.

I've listened using L365 for quite a while. Then, about a month or two ago something changed and I could no longer listen. I've spent a few hours trying to get things working again, to no avail. Hopefully something will change in the near future (likely somebody in the open source community will figure out what's up and patch the media player(s)). Maybe I'll be more motivated to find a solution now. Until then, I guess there's no SST for me.

Crying or Very sad

On the up side I guess Thur is safe from Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride from me for a while.

jeff
sdg
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

j2brown wrote:

On the up side I guess Thur is safe from Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride from me for a while.

jeff
sdg

i'm sure tjoe will cover for ya Wink
Lieutenant

Member#: 8293

teachplus3 is offline View user's profile Send private message teachplus3's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 9:44 pm   Post subject: Re: L365 FAQ Reply with quote

korkster wrote:
Its such a great deal (less than 15 cents a day) to be able to listen to SST (and about 3000 other stations if you are so inclined). I cant imagine why anyone wouldnt take advantage of it.

Kork

It really is a good deal. If you listen on even sort of a regular basis it's definately worth it. I have to agree with Kork 100%. Of course I don't take advantage of the other 2999 stations because there is no where like SST. Very Happy

Oh and if you get your membership to Live365, don't forget you will also have VIP membership to SST just for subscribing.
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news for me, bad news for Thur:

I've managed to get SST via L365 working on my linux box again.

WooHoo!

The problem was...prepare to be shocked...user error. I enabled a plugin that interfered wtih the stream. Stupid users....er....crud.

jeff
sdg
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

*waits for HRCR to be put in the queue*

(Hawaiin Roller Coaster Ride for those that don't know how j2 likes to torment me)
Lieutenant

Member#: 548

korkster is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website korkster's Favorites are Private
AIM Address MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

But you are so easily tortured Thur..how can we resist? (looks up the next availbale Chicago cue).
USA schroddie
Commander
Commander

Member#: 7501

schroddie is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website schroddie's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I was away since Dec 19. I came back today to listen to my SST and bam, just live365. Gloops, that's no fun at all. Thanks to tjoe (and his ctrl key and listen settings directions), I was able to go through all to listen again to SST and, now I just found this thread.

Can we know why this decision for not supporting non-live365 members has been made?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no such thing as non-live365 "members". Live365 is the cheapest way to broadcast. Simple as that.

USA schroddie
Commander
Commander

Member#: 7501

schroddie is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website schroddie's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

JERIC wrote:
There's no such thing as non-live365 "members".

I meant members of SST but not of Live365. Sorry for the confusion.

Quote:
Live365 is the cheapest way to broadcast. Simple as that.

Meaning that before using WMP or RP or WinAmp was costing SST money? I was not aware of this. Makes sense. Thank you for the explanation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: