StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Take it easy with the Star Wars
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
danoa10
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 9493

danoa10 is offline View user's profile Send private message danoa10's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:34 pm   Post subject: Take it easy with the Star Wars Reply with quote

Every single day I hear star wars. I'm totally sick of it. It's a great soundtrack and everything, but every day?!!?

I know it says no repeats for 8 days or whatever, but I'd say that the star wars soundtracks count as a repeat.

Perhaps every other day would be enough to satisfy the star wars desire and still not drive the rest of us crazy.

Does anyone else feel the way I do about this?
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I do.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA megadith
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 82

megadith is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website megadith's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhh... BOO!!! come on, can anyone really get too much of star wars??? Smile I for one love it! weeee!!!!
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 440

FrozenHan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View FrozenHan's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

ahem, if you see coming up in the queue...hit mute

I would bet my hands that I will find fault with one of your requests
We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

--Tyler Durden
UK thejoyrider
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 8986

thejoyrider is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View thejoyrider's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

this is kinda true. i mean i dont hear lord of the ring geeks listening to lord of the rings left right and center on the playlists. however, i have no bag with star wars either. its one of the first film scores i ever heard as a 6 year old kid. and to be fair its williams best work. as movie scores go. it follows all the rules and is totally charming telling the story its accompanying.

i dont know what to say. i can sympaphise cause theres music on here i dont like but everyone has the right to vote. but is it really that bad? its only a 4-7 min track that goes away before you really care. by the way things are looking in the last few days. im guessing you'll be getting a flood of farscape and stargate requests as well every other day.

what does everybody else think of this?

*i type too much.
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 299

Saffron is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Saffron's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I could easily go a day or three without having Star Wars or Lord of the Rings constantly in the queue. And not because I don't like both sets of scores, more because I do like them.
I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music. - George Elliot

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Saff.

USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

*claps
Cadet 3

Member#: 5446

Semaj is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Semaj's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay less SW and more A-team, please. Smile
Belgium Tron
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4034

Tron is offline View user's profile Send private message Tron's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not SW and lotr that drive me crazy but every 30 mins somebody requests what to me is an awfull track. Just bad music in my opinion, I allways close my winamp at that point and don't turn it on again because I start listening to my own library. I'm not very tolerant if it comes to that.
So I haven't listened longer than 60 mins for at least six months. (except on composer days, which I really love because it keeps the cr*p out of the queue).
Semaj
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 5446

Semaj is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Semaj's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem with that Tron, is that one person's cr*p is another's Masterpiece. We all have different taste. That's what I enjoy about SST, I get to hear what other people listen to.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty surprising to me Tron.

Norway Muriel VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

aw

Member#: 333

Muriel is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Muriel's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I don't have anything against all the Star Wars requests. I think the problem is that the same tracks are requested over and over. There are still tracks on the seven Star Wars soundtracks that haven't been played yet. So instead of requesting the same Star Wars tracks that have been played to infinity and beyond, why not try some of the tracks that haven't been played as much, or even some of the tracks that haven't been played at all?
Belgium Tron
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4034

Tron is offline View user's profile Send private message Tron's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Semaj wrote:
The only problem with that Tron, is that one person's cr*p is another's Masterpiece. We all have different taste. That's what I enjoy about SST, I get to hear what other people listen to.

No, It's definitely me. When I hear a track whilst studying that I don't like, I cut the stream off. That's why I said I'm pretty untolerant. This is in no way criticism.

But I have no problem with SW and Lotr.
Canada filmgoerjuan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 7220

filmgoerjuan is offline View user's profile Send private message filmgoerjuan's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Weren't there similar increases in the number of LOTR tracks requested around the time of the film/video releases? Same thing with the Harry Potter scores too, around the release of Prisoner of Azkaban.

Given that there's a new SW movie coming out in the next little while, perhaps this increase in requested SW tracks is temporary and will die down soon enough.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: