StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Take it easy with the Star Wars
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
danoa10
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 9493

danoa10 is offline View user's profile Send private message danoa10's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The star wars albums have a limited number of themes. We've all heard them many times, we all have them memorized, and if I hear them over and over I will start to hate these beautiful themes.

Do you really need to hear it again?

The reason that this website boasts the number of days without repeats is because diversity is good in music. Well with all the different star wars albums out there, you can pick track after track of essentially the same tune. That's not diversity. I'm surprised that those of you who request it can stand to listen to it again and again.

What are you thinking to yourself when you request it? I haven't heard it in a while? It would be nice to hear that again? Why not do that on your own computer so that the rest of us don't have to punch mute or stop listening because of all the repeat star wars.

Let me reiterate, repeats (too often) are bad. Even repeats of the same theme if not the same exact track.

I love the star wars soundtracks. I love the lord of the rings soundtracks. I own them. I've listened to them a million times like you guys - that's why I'm sick of it.

Edit: No sooner had I posted this than I got to hear some deep star wars tracks that I hadn't heard before. Thanks to Skid for requesting some SW tracks we haven't heard recently.
Tjoe
Commander
Commander

Member#: 6471

Tjoe is offline View user's profile Send private message Tjoe's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I listen to SST about 14 hours a day, and have been doing so for the better part of a year. I don't request as often as I use to as I'm usually happy with what the majority of people here pick. That goes for all the SW and LOTR that play nearly every day. But, I just don't hear them being played as often each day as this thread implies. When I hear so much other music in between, it just doesn't seem like it is that overdone for me.
Cadet 1

Member#: 3690

Russell_Ira_Crowe is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Russell_Ira_Crowe's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

For all who complain about how much SW,LOTR, etc. Request what YOU want to hear so more of the rest of us can hear it and quite possibly someone else will like it too, as for the stuff you don't like that's why there's a mute button on any kind of player. Just one night of listening I have found new ideas and new things to send me to the store for more(sighs) cds.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 14

gecko is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website gecko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, certainly some tracks have worn out their welcome by coming around too much... I think the thing is each new person finds the station and decides to do a request and looks to their old favorite or at the top request list and hit it up. Thus we have a neverending supply of SW and LotR requests. Great for the noobs, somewhat of a drag for the oldbies. I gave up criticizing it though as I got reamed in the chat for saying too much of a good thing can be bad.

Gonna have to also agree with Saff.
danoa10
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 9493

danoa10 is offline View user's profile Send private message danoa10's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For all who complain about how much SW,LOTR, etc. Request what YOU want to hear so more of the rest of us can hear it and quite possibly someone else will like it too, as for the stuff you don't like that's why there's a mute button on any kind of player

It's not possible for me to request enough to keep the excessive SW repeats off the playlist. At any one time you can almost always find 2 SW tracks in queue or having just been played.

That being said, some of the SW tracks are not overplayed.

I already addressed the "mute" issue. I'll restate - the SW themes being played over and over constitute "repeats". Repeats to soon are bad - too much of a good thing is bad when it comes to music. That's why this website boasts that it goes x number of days without repeats - because that's a good thing.
Semaj
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 5446

Semaj is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Semaj's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

But, look at the number of new people that keep coming to SST. Some of them will want to play their Fave SW tracks (the ones that keep getting Played.) Besides, it will drop off when SW buzz is over. Dont worry.
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 7872

lotrgirl is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View lotrgirl's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

danoa10 wrote:
At any one time you can almost always find 2 SW tracks in queue or having just been played.

You should listen at night, there is rarely any Star Wars in the queue at night! Wink
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 6602

Maeltne is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Maeltne's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

"Enough of this. Vader, release him... This bickering is pointless."

Wink

Love ya!
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 10704

SpaceC06 is offline View user's profile Send private message SpaceC06's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think less is more in this case! Particularly with SW and LOTR...

However, I appreciate and accept other peoples opinion in music as I know they vary as much as our own first names Very Happy

The distance doesn't matter; only the first step is difficult.
--Mme. du Deffand
genericdragon
Commander
Commander

Member#: 7493

genericdragon is offline View user's profile Send private message genericdragon's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

SpaceC06 wrote:
I think less is more in this case!

With the new queue rules in effect this isn't really that much of an issue anymore. It's good to see a variance with all composers than just Mr. Williams or Mr. Shore. Alot of people have complained about the new rules, including myself.

However, I'm beginning to think that the new rules are forcing us to experience other scores other than the most popular and that it is a good thing.

"The thing that impresses me the most about America is the way parents obey their children." ~ King Edward VIII (1894 - 1972)
USA Goblinmoon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 1999

Goblinmoon is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Goblinmoon's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, I love most of the SWars scores, as well as LotR ones, and consider myself a big Star Wars geek...

My point on this topic, is that both those composers have some excellent scores that just don't get played very much, because those are grabbed up fast.

I considered putting a request to Jeric to allow certain composers to be on the queue list twice, but that might well lead to just twice as much of what we already have.

There's probably no way to make this a set thing, just in my mind, one of the reasons for SST is to explore new works. So if you really want Williams etc, pull him up in the Artist list and pick something we have hardly ever heard!
FrozenHan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 440

FrozenHan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View FrozenHan's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Goblin on this point

Also when it comes to playing SW or LotR album, I would like to hear deeper tracks as opposed to the same handful of tracks that some seem to gravitate to
We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

--Tyler Durden
Asriana
Commander
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

When the RIAA rules went into play, I figured that the only Williams tracks we'd hear would be SW and the only Shore tracks would be LotR, but I have been proved wrong almost daily. Sure, we still get out Battle on Endor tracks, but it's nice to hear some varities from these 2 composers.
Lieutenant

Member#: 13482

Auroter is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Auroter's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Maeltne wrote:
"Enough of this. Vader, release him... This bickering is pointless."

Granted, I have not been listening for as long as most of the others on this thread so I cannot ensure my perception to be accurate. What I will say is regardless of the number of SW, LOTR, or HP tracks that come up in the queue, the variety of other soundtracks that everyone else suggests completely overcomes this issue. For me, it is a case of constantly being wowed by all these soundtracks I've never heard (or noticed) before with the occasional familiar score to enjoy and relax one's mind from the input of new music. My vote is keep it like it is, however that is. Just...yeah. What maeltne said. Wink
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 440

FrozenHan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View FrozenHan's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just sick of the greedy requestors who request just because they have a request and then do not have the decency to be present for it. Just pisses me off
We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

--Tyler Durden
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: