StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Browsing Forums
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic 
TheBloodyCountess
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 10542

TheBloodyCountess is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website TheBloodyCountess's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:08 pm   Post subject: Browsing Forums Reply with quote

Since there aren't much forums, it could be interesting to have them directly into the Forums tab instead of having to go to another page... especially for those who don't have broadband speed.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If you click on 'forums' you get there immediately
TheBloodyCountess
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

TheBloodyCountess is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website TheBloodyCountess's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I'm saying, you have to browse another page to get access to full forum listing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont get it, what forum listing?
KiBlast
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 10393

KiBlast is offline View user's profile Send private message KiBlast's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

To see all of the forums, you have to click the Forums button, which brings you to a new page that can take a while to load on slow connections.

I think RippingFlesh is suggesting that you have this list of forums available as part of the drop-down menu that shows when you mouse over the Forums button.

For example, the drop-down menu could read like this:

Browse
SST Forums
Community Forums

And then when you mouse over SST Forums it would have a drop-down menu that said:

General
Playlist
Ideas
Help

And each one would take you to that forum.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Just click on "View posts since last visit" in that menu. That should be enough
Pixie
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 90

Pixie is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Pixie's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Or he could just bookmark the forum page. Rolling Eyes
KiBlast
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

KiBlast is offline View user's profile Send private message KiBlast's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

... Why does this Ideas forum even exist if people are going to be rude about perfectly valid ideas?
Cadet 3

MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you KiBlast =)
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 6602

Maeltne is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Maeltne's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if their tone was felt as rude, KiBlast... I can assure you though they don't mean it that way. As I've been told before, ideas are always welcome and open to ridicule on a first come, first serve basis. I mean welcome and open to suggestion, sorry that just popped out. Silly me!

I wouldn't take it personally, though.

Love ya!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

excuse me? I am only trying to help.

I dont get it, if you have a really slow connection. Just bookmark the "view all posts since last visit" and you are done. Then you have all the relevant posts.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sitting at my desk... working into the night... I suddenly felt a twinge.

Something was amiss. Soemthing way awry.

Something stupid was happening.

Something so utterly, horribly stupid that without pause I sat up from my desk and turned to the window in search of a spotlight beaming my avatar into the sky to signal I was needed.

With two swift clicks my browser roared to life as it had so many times in the days of yesteryear.

I searched, I browsed, I googled.

And I found that doofuses, dinguses, and dare I say DILLholes were once again mounting an assault on our beloved SST forums.

Honestly... RippingFlesh. Way to come up with the most complicated solution to a simple problem.

Like Pix and Cal said, bookmark the following link and be done with it.

Linky McDinky

And as a side note, am I the only person here who rolls his eyes when he sees a name like "RippingFlesh" on a movie soundtrack forum?

Ripping... honestly... buddy... pal. It's not protective plummage when it's THAT blatant.

Whenever I see a nick like "BurningCinder" or "HellishPsycho" all I can picture is some doofus sitting at his computer desperately trying to hide what a dork he is by giving himself what he thinks is a BADASS name.

Personally, I'm more intimidated by guys who go by the name "Mr. Kitten-Nose" than I am by people who want to be called "SatanicShadow".

So, Ripping... please. Get a new name. It just adds insult to injury when I read in another thread that, "RIPPINGFLESH likes to buy his shoes at Mervyns."

Imagine the poor clerk. "I'm sorry Mr. ehmm Flesh... but we only have that pair of keds in a size eight."

(And yes I know he doesn't go by RippingFlesh in real life. Shaddup.)

Alright. You've been reamed. Onto binky number two.

KiBlast, I know you probably just stumbled in here from huggingfuzzybunnieswithflowers.com but for the love of all things SST Blue, go read the Newbie FAQ. Even if it IS horribly outdated. It'll give you a good taste of what you should be able to handle if you want to hang around here.

The fact that you chose some wanky pouting kid as your avatar already worries me.

Why does this forum exist? For ideas. Will we make fun of you if your idea's asinine? Absolutely.

Why? Because we can. And I'm a jerk.

Now go create your bookmarks and leave us alone.

And remember, Jeric prefers emails as opposed to PM's when you're complaining about the behavior of his ambassadors.

Yeehaw.

Last edited by Cocles on Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Tjoe
Commander
Commander

Member#: 6471

Tjoe is offline View user's profile Send private message Tjoe's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

*wipes small tear of joy from my eye*

Cocles!!! I missed you, man! We haven't had a good Cocles feeding in a very, very long time.

How goes the battle?

*hands Cocles a napkin* .... and you got a little something right.... there.... *points to newbie flesh on chin*
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...

First of all, I was not referring to your responses Caliburn. It was Pixie who gave the impression of being rude and condescending. Perhaps it was the rolling eyes that made me feel that way...

Anyway... I apologize for being a kind person who stands up to what he perceives as rudeness. Perhaps I should try to be more rude to all of you in the future.
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was only Pixie you were referring to then you were wrong to put this forum in question. She is not repsonsible for creating or maintaining the Ideas forum. Thanks for not getting offended and running off though. That shows you can (so to speak) take a joke as much as you can give one.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: