StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$154.46

3 Donations:
$345.54

StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-5) Shru $50.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-3) Anonymous $50.00
Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Official Joe Hisaishi Fan Club Thread...and maybe Miyazaki!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
France Alchemist VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! many posts since my last visit! Great Very Happy

*Hands over HFC card to Redmare and another one to Jeca (I thought I already gave you one? can't remember Wink)*

Thank you for all the information, Tree! I'm gonna visit your blog right now!

I'm currently searching for Works 3. Seems to be an excellent CD (well, as always!)
Commander

Member#: 5527

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just joined the forum, so, on late notice I'd like to defineatly join the club. ^_^ (...I think I'll try to find that Totoro avatar that I used to have...)

Welcome Redmar. i ws just about to make a comment on the soot sprite and invite you over here Smile I went to get the adress for the thread and here you were!

Alchemist where the H@ll have you been Evil or Very Mad
I can't run this club with our my vice-president!

Have a good vacation Alchy?

Works III is awsome. I write a review on it on my blog tonight or tomorrow.

Make a comment on my blog you jerks!! I need love or I will die Crying or Very sad
Cadet 3

Member#: 12388

Redmare is offline View user's profile Send private message Redmare's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe...well I guess I just beat you to it. Thanks for the thought though ^_^
Asriana
Commander
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

TreeBob wrote:
Make a comment on my blog you jerks!! I need love or I will die Crying or Very sad

No TreeBob! Don't die! Crying or Very sad *hugs*

Welcome Redmare, Trinity, Jecastellon!!! Very Happy
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait a minute... after your somewhat pitiful plea, I took a look at your blog, Tree... and it says you're a BRUINS fan!?! What, the Sens aren't good enough for you? The Habs? The Leafs? The Oil? How could this have happened??? Wink
Canada TreeBob
Commander
Commander

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurr78 wrote:
Wait a minute... after your somewhat pitiful plea, I took a look at your blog, Tree... and it says you're a BRUINS fan!?! What, the Sens aren't good enough for you? The Habs? The Leafs? The Oil? How could this have happened??? Wink

I grew up in Nova Scotia. Most of our TV was from New England. Bruins suck but I love them.

Thanks asriana I won't die...yet Shocked
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

TreeBob wrote:
Hurr78 wrote:

I grew up in Nova Scotia. Most of our TV was from New England. Bruins suck but I love them.

*sigh* Well, ok then. I guess that makes sense. After all, I live in Toronto and I'm not too fond of the Leafs. Smile
Shinnen
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 9389

Shinnen is offline View user's profile Send private message Shinnen's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:45 am   Post subject: New Hisashi Score Reply with quote

Greetings to all Joe Hisashi fans!

It's been a while since we've heard any new scores from Hisashi. Last one was a fabulous (IMHO one of the best from him) score featured in Howl's Moving Castle.

He's back with a new score. Soundtrack isn't released yet. The movie which he's scoring is A Chinese Tall Story. It's cast is headed by actor, Nicholas Tse. I'm trying to get my hands on the soundtrack in the mean time.

Cheers!
Florence/Shinnen
Canada TreeBob
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Shinnen, I have a card for you if you are joining our club.

Hisaishi has actually been very active. Since Howl (my personal favorite ST as well) he has realeased a ST for a Korean film (Welcome to Dongmakgol) and working on 2 others (A Chinese Tall Story and Yamato). Besides ST's he has released Piano Stories IV and Works III.

He is very very busy. He will be playing in South Korea live too but we can't enjoy that, just be jealous Sad

Welcome tot he club! Where are you from?

TreeBob (president)
Ensign

Shinnen is offline View user's profile Send private message Shinnen's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Treebob,

I'm a huge fan of Joe Hisashi. I'm already getting all the original CDs of Ghibli Studio animations scored by him because I can find those soundtracks for a reasonable price. For now my company will be distributing A Chinese Tall Story here in Malaysia. EMI will be sponsoring a few soundtracks for events. I'm hoping for the executive in charge to be nice and give me one Very Happy

Hisashi Scores I own now would be Nausicaa, Totoro, Kiki's Delivery Service, Howl's Moving Castle and another 4 Ghibli animation scores by Hisashi.

I'm about 6 hours away from Korea :p Anywhere to see a list of places he'll be performing ?

I'm from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Canada TreeBob
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like the concert in Korea is over. It was on November 2nd.
Here is a page with some concert info. http://www.sunrisetokyo.com/schedule/A00452.html

I think there is a list on his official site but it is Japanese as well. www.joehisaishi.com

How much are the CD's at your company? I wonder if it is worthwhile to send here in Canada?

I get most of mine from Korea because they are cheaper than anywhere else. One Asian language is the same to me Smile
Cadet 2

Member#: 12455

Michikawa is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Michikawa's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

An exceptionally good composer who has managed to elate me so many times and in so many different scores. Hopefully he still will Smile Miyazaki films and Kitano films especially!
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Michikawa welcome to the club! Your signiture is broken.
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

TreeBob wrote:
How much are the CD's at your company? I wonder if it is worthwhile to send here in Canada?

I get most of mine from Korea because they are cheaper than anywhere else. One Asian language is the same to me Smile

My company doesn't sell the soundtrack but it distributes the film. I think I'll find out the price of the CD for you once it hits the shelves. Because if there's not enough to go around during the Star Tour... then I'm gonna purchase a copy. I probably can help whoever needing the soundtrack to get a copy too.

Where in Korea do you purchase soundtracks?
Canada TreeBob
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My company doesn't sell the soundtrack but it distributes the film. I think I'll find out the price of the CD for you once it hits the shelves. Because if there's not enough to go around during the Star Tour... then I'm gonna purchase a copy. I probably can help whoever needing the soundtrack to get a copy too.

Ahhh, no I understand. Yeah sounds like a plan to me.

I shop for my Korean/Asian soundtracks at www.yesasia.com (very good, cheap shipping) and
Mr.Kwang's http://www.mrkwang.com/StoreFront.bok

Korean original cd's are dirt cheap, I love it!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 6 of 26

Jump to: