StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

PR: The Lincoln Lawyer score

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
cinemediapromo
Captain
Captain

Member#: 20035

cinemediapromo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail cinemediapromo's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:25 pm   Post subject: PR: The Lincoln Lawyer score Reply with quote

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

LAKESHORE RECORDS CRUISES WITH THE LINCOLN LAWYER

Cliff Martinez’s Original Score To Be Released by Lakeshore Records

(February 22, 2011- Los Angeles, CA) – Lakeshore Records will release the The Lincoln Lawyer -- Original Motion Picture Score available digitally on March 15th and in stores on March 29, 2011. The original score was composed by Cliff Martinez (Traffic, Solaris).

“Out of the box, The Lincoln Lawyer was about as tightly wrapped as any film I've worked on,” said Martinez. “The heavy lifting had been done long before I arrived, so my job was to simply apply the aural icing to the cake. The main ingredients in my recipe are an electric guitar, time-stretching software, baritone steel drums and my top-secret weapon of choice: the Baschet Crystal…an experimental instrument/objet d'art played with moistened fingers on glass rods.”

Such an out-of-the-box approach comes naturally for Cliff Martinez. He moved to California in 1976, just in time for the punk movement. He had stints as drummer for the Weirdos, Lydia Lunch and Foetus frontman Jim Thirlwell, the Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Dickies. He was also the drummer in the final incarnation of legendary iconoclasts Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band.

Martinez’s entrée into music for film happened somewhat inadvertently, when a tape collage he had constructed (“Several of my friends making aggressively weird noises, which I assigned to pads on a MIDI percussion controller.”) led to an opportunity to score an episode of comedian Paul Reuben’s mid-‘80s TV hit, Pee-Wee’s Playhouse. That collage was also heard by Steven Soderbergh, who tapped the budding composer to provide the music for his first theatrical release sex, lies and videotape.

Martinez has since received compositional credit on many of Steven Soderbergh’s projects including Kafka, The Limey, Solaris, Gray’s Anatomy, Schizopolis and Traffic, the latter winning four Oscars and earning a Grammy nomination for its music. He also composed the music for Espion(s) and A L’Origine, two French films released in 2009, the latter earned a Cesar Award nomination for best original score. His other credits include Pump Up The Volume, Wicker Park, and Wonderland.

Mickey Haller (Matthew McConaughey) is a Los Angeles criminal defense attorney who operates out of the back of his Lincoln Continental sedan. Having spent most of his career defending petty gutter-variety criminals, the unexpectedly lands the case of a lifetime: defending a rich Beverly Hills realtor (Ryan Phillippe), who is accused of attempted rape and murder. However, what appears in the beginning to be a straightforward case with a big money pay-off swiftly develops into a deadly match between two masters of manipulation, in Lionsgate and Lakeshore Entertainment’s The Lincoln Lawyer.

“My goal was to create a sleek, no-nonsense, fat-free score,” described Martinez, “that first and foremost punctuated the dramatic intentions of the film and hopefully scored enough points in the style department to give the audience something to remember.”

Lionsgate and Lakeshore Entertainment present The Lincoln Lawyer in theaters on March 18, 2011. The Lincoln Lawyer – Original Motion Picture Score on Lakeshore Records will be released digitally on March 15th and in stores on March 29, 2011.

###

For more information contact: cinemediapromo@yahoo.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: