StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$154.46

3 Donations:
$345.54

StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-5) Shru $50.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-3) Anonymous $50.00
Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

What really scares you?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if we're sharing spider stories:

Coming back to my apartment with the wife one night I saw a fairly large black spider slowly moving across the stoop in front of the door. As usual, I stepped on it on the way by. What I didn't realize is that it was a female carrying many (many many many) baby spiders, who were now free and running all over (including into my now open front door). We spent the next few months finding spiders (now grown up and possibly holding a grudge about dear old mom, who they either miss or were going to eat, I suspect) all over the place.

The worst story I've heard happened to my roommate in college, though. Laying in bed one night he kept hearing this strange tapping sound. After it woke him up a few times he stayed awake trying to figure out what it was. Finally he sat up and turned on the light, just in time to see a spider fall out of his ear. He screamed like a girl and ran, then spent the rest of the night huddled on the couch.

Oh, and don't get me started on the time I went to the middle east and had to learn about camel spiders.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/bugs/camelspider.asp

jeff
sdg
kittyx
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 9510

kittyx is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail kittyx's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

EWWWWWWW!!!! That is gross J2!! Spider in the ear! *starts shuddering* EWWWW I have tingles going up my spine!

Okay so ummmm this talk about spiders and bugs makes me remember two things that have happened to me.

1. Water Bug (Roach)happened this year!

I was driving in my car. (88 Plymouth Horizon) Of course being as awesome as I am I am screaming at the top of my lungs and singing to some girly song. (I really hate girly songs but they are fun to sing to) My friend sitting beside me is quiet and collected as usual laughing at me. (cause i m a dork. Awesome!)
The next thing I know it something falls from underneath the dashboard onto my feet. I look down and it is a huge Roach. It crawls on my foot and I stop singing. My friend looks down and starts screamin. I am driving frozen and pull off at the next parking lot. I get out jump around and finally get the guts to look for the bug. I never found it.
I went to my boyfriends work and traded cars with him. Heck no Im not drivin around with a bug. (If it was a spider I think i would've died that day.)

2. Hornet

Okay Im in the car again. This time i am with my boyfriend. The next thing I know is that a hornet is flying around my head. I wanna close my eyes soooo bad.
It lands on me and I can;t even talk. I can't open the window to let it out. So anyways my boyfriend opens his window and it eventually flies out.
I hope that never happens again. It might've just been my old car. I got a new one and haven't had any bug problems yet...(knock on wood)

Gross I think i am going to have nighmares about spiders.
kittyx
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

kittyx is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail kittyx's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

ha ha ahahaha!
Denmark Armand
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Member#: 7352

Armand is offline View user's profile Send private message Armand's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

j2brown wrote:
Well, I was going to say "spiders", but now I'll have to say "spiders...especially those winged spiders that Armand mentioned".

jeff
sdg

Are you making fun of me??

BOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Ninomiya Kazunari
(from the song Niji/Rainbow)
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course I wasn't making fun of you Armand. If I was making fun of you I hope I would have done a much better job.

Your picture looks like a mosquito to me.

jeff
sdg
kittyx
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

AIM Address
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*dies*
Denmark Armand
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Armand is offline View user's profile Send private message Armand's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's NOT a mosquito, trust me....it's about 10 times bigger and it's a HORRIBLE creature...

ICK *dies along with kitty*

- Ninomiya Kazunari
Norway Muriel VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

aw

Member#: 333

Muriel is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Muriel's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Look pretty freakish, Armand.

Oddly enough, here's an almost identical story to my what-if earlier:

Along came a spider...
JeffTHX
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 2165

JeffTHX is offline View user's profile Send private message JeffTHX's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget spiders.

My biggest fear is looking over at the window at nightime and seeing a big-eyed, little-nosed, bald alien staring at me.

Sorry if I'm scaring anyone else...
genericdragon
Commander
Commander

Member#: 7493

genericdragon is offline View user's profile Send private message genericdragon's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid of falling. I can't even watch it in a movie or game. I have a terrible time with Cliffhanger. Confused

On another note, the "winged spider" that Armand and others are afraid of isn't a spider. It's commonly referred to as a mosquito-hawk , crane fly or nighthawk (although there is a bird that is also named this). It is related to the dragonfly, is non-stinging and feeds on insects. They really are good for gardens and keep mosquitos and gnats at bay.

For the record, I love spiders. I have several of them living in corners of our house and in the house plants. I even keep a truce with black widows (I let the wolf spiders hunt them down), but kill any that get within our living space. I've been doing this for about 10 years now and haven't had any problems with flies, ants, mosquitos and gnats. Smile

(I keep the truce because the black widow is my totem. I was born in Tucson, Arizona and when I was 2 had a black widow watching me for a few hours in my crib before my mother found it. I was never bit and I don't think I was in danger. Maybe I'm crazy... no scratch that, I know I'm crazy.)

"The thing that impresses me the most about America is the way parents obey their children." ~ King Edward VIII (1894 - 1972)
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info on the mosquito-hawk, GD. I'm sure I have many spiders living in my house as well, but as long as I don't know about them I'm OK with that. If they make the mistake of showing themselves and look in any way threatening, they're getting squished (unless they're extra creepy, then the wife does it for me).

jeff
sdg
genericdragon
Commander
Commander

Member#: 7493

genericdragon is offline View user's profile Send private message genericdragon's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I squish them too, but only for population control Wink

I guess you could say I garden spiders. (couldn't resist the pun Very Happy)

"The thing that impresses me the most about America is the way parents obey their children." ~ King Edward VIII (1894 - 1972)
Denmark Armand
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

genericdragon wrote:
I squish them too, but only for population control Wink

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

...and I knew that flying thing isn't a real spider, just didn't know what else to call it..

- Ninomiya Kazunari
USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

*still buying more ammo i case camel spiders try anything*
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: