StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Complete LOTR: Fellowship of The Ring box set coming in Nov.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Francel
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 7814

Francel is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Francel's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:59 pm   Post subject: Complete LOTR: Fellowship of The Ring box set coming in Nov. Reply with quote

As the topic came out today at chat regarding the long-promised complete Lord of the Rings score from Howard Shore, I thought you all would be interested in this, since Reprise Records just released this morning the official press junket.

Now, there have been some changes regarding the planned release, so instead of the original 10-disc set from all three movies, Reprise will be releasing them one by one to avoid falling into the trap of having a way too expensive set. First one, Fellowship of the Ring 3-cd set (180+ minutes of score) plus a DVD, will hit stores on November 22. No list price has yet been set.

Below is the official press junket released by Reprise Records for all of you to read.

Enjoy! Smile

Quote:
The complete Oscar and Grammy winning score to The Fellowship of the Ring, from the epic film trilogy The Lord of the Rings, will be available in a deluxe four-disc edition from Reprise/WMG Soundtracks on November 22nd, 2005.

This historic release contains over 180 minutes of music on three CDs, comprising the full score of the 2001 film, composed by Howard Shore. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The Complete Recordings marks the first edition of the three complete recording releases of the film trilogy whose score has been honored with three Academy Awards, four Grammy Awards, and two Golden Globe Awards. This deluxe set also includes exclusive new artwork, packaging, and extensive liner notes culled from The Music of the Lord of the Rings Films, to be published in 2006. Enya's song "May It Be," which received an Oscar nomination for Best Original Song and which she performed at the Academy Awards ceremony, is contained on The Complete Recordings within all-new selection titles that reflect the complete score being released in its entirety for the first time.

Says The Lord of the Rings director, Peter Jackson, "No matter how many great performances or exciting visuals we put together for the movie, we found that it was all somewhat two dimensional until we added the emotional heart of Howard Shore's music. Then, and only then, did the film come to life."

Added Paul Broucek, Executive Vice President of Music at New Line Cinema, "Listening to the breathtaking music Howard Shore created is like seeing the movie time and time again. You just close your eyes, open your ears and the whole film unfolds before you. Howard's work is incredibly visual, evocative and narrative."

Composer of over sixty film scores, Howard Shore brought a lifetime of experience to creating the epochal soundtrack for The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. Shore used Tolkien's texts and drew from multiple periods throughout music history to evoke the book's enchanted worlds. He developed over 80 leitmotifs to describe the cultures of Middle-earth. Collaborating with authors/lyrists Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens, he composed choral music including the Tolkien-created languages for the Elves (Quenya and Sindarin), the Dwarves (Khuzdûl), Men (Adûnaic) and the evil cultures of Mordor (Black Speech). The result was a movie music breakthrough that has been followed by such subsequent triumphs by Shore as The Aviator, Gangs of New York, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers and The Return of the King. The Lord Of The Rings Symphony: Six Movements for Orchestra and Chorus, a two-hour work based on the twelve hours of score composed for the film trilogy, has been performed in over 70 concerts in cities all over the world.

Composed for symphony orchestra and three separate choirs, The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The Complete Recordings highlights two original compositions by the multi-platinum Irish recording artist, Enya, including "Aníron (Theme for Aragorn and Arwen)" and "May It Be." Also featured in the score are solo performances by Elizabeth Fraser, Edward Ross, Mabel Faletolu as well as cast members Ian Holm, Ian McKellen, Viggo Mortensen, Billy Boyd and Dominic Monaghan.

The fourth disc will present The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The Complete Recordings in 5.1 Surround Sound in DVD format. The set will also include exclusive new artwork, packaging, and extensive liner notes from The Music of the Lord of the Rings Films -- Part I: The Fellowship of the Ring by author Doug Adams.

"Appropriately enough for the film adaptation of one of fantasy literature's most enduring favorites," wrote the All Music Guide, "Howard Shore's score for Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is traditional and majestic, using sweeping strings, brass and choral sections to create moments of fire-and-brimstone menace as well heroic triumph."

Ensign

Member#: 9389

Shinnen is offline View user's profile Send private message Shinnen's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

oooh... looking forward to that. I've restrained myself from purchasing the LOTR soundtracks hoping for a boxset like the films. I hope the set comes to Malaysia. I might have to wait a few years to see if the Harry Potter soundtracks would be released in a similar manner.
France Alchemist VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

As a matter of fact, I was wondering when the complete LOTR score would come to life and I was almost ready to ask for information in this forum Smile

That's great news! I hope it won't be delayed...

Thank you Francel for the information !
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 196

Furyen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Furyen's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000BNI90O/qid=1128533191/sr=1-5/ref=sr_1_5/002-2115305-7545632?v=glance&s=music

Do we start saving up the money, people?

France Alchemist VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

mmm, 60$ (50€) * 3 = 180$ (150€)

Quote:
Do we start saving up the money, people?

Starting right now Very Happy
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 10921

workervr is offline View user's profile Send private message View workervr's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

so should it be on sst as we already have the three previously released cds? I would donate it(would need to know how to get to jeric) but if he was willing I am!
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

WORKERVR:

Just post a poll/thread in the playlist forums (but I'd wait until we have some more details, so you can do a proper posting) and if/when JERIC OKs it you can send it to the SST mailing address. (hint - Contact Us)

jeff
sdg
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I'm afriad of is hearing LOTR more. I love the score but is it for the good of the station? With more tracks being able to be requested we could be hearing LOTR several times an hour. Sometimes I want to purchase the single CD series of Star Wars so it isn't played as much. But we're all enthusiasts here. We all want to hear the extended editions. I'm on the fence so feel free to step up and state your case yay or nay.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA workervr
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 10921

workervr is offline View user's profile Send private message View workervr's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Great point jeric!
perhaps if the box set is superior and the tracks not all very long we could remove the previous three and keep the more complete set. Is it possible to lock three every other month? or is that too much work?

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

WORKERVR wrote:
Great point jeric!
perhaps if the box set is superior and the tracks not all very long we could remove the previous three and keep the more complete set

That would be ideal. We shall see.

WORKERVR wrote:
Is it possible to lock three every other month? or is that too much work?

You mean intentionally make tracks unrequestable? Yeah that would be too much work.

We'll probably end up replacing the current 1 CD soundtracks with these. But the possibility of overplaying is something to consider. We could post some netiquette or something.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it also depends on the length of the tracks. Something tells me it will be long suites 10+ minutes. Do not know it of course. Have to see first I guess.
USA zirael
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be fine to add the box set for everyone to enjoy. Posting some netiquette or adding to the "How to Request" section of the FAQ to be considerate of others is also a good idea.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

asking users to behave in general will never work.
USA zirael
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps my earlier comments were a little vague, but most newbies probably don't take a crack at reading the whole Cocles' FAQ, so I suggest posting some things multiple places, including the shorter "How to request" which they go to first and netiquette stickies. I think there's many things about requesting that people pick up after being here awhile, like not to make the queue go over 3 hrs. and being considerate by not playing multiple Star Wars, LOTR, and Outlaw tracks every day, but it would help to be more concrete about these SST culture things so the learning curve is days, not weeks. And yes, there's always going to be people who don't listen and don't care, but that's what PMs from you are for. Wink
USA Furyen
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 196

Furyen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Furyen's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=6989437&style=music&cart=276820351&BAB=M

They seem to be offering the set at a lower price, than all the other sites. I'm gonna get mine from here most likely.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: