StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

VIP - Shifting Strategies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:15 pm   Post subject: VIP - Shifting Strategies Reply with quote

VIPs will start to see some ads and non-VIPs will not see as many as I am trying to make the site look the same for everyone. VIPs don't worry, your request times will not be affected. This is just a plan to make the site look the same to everyone while having more soundtrack relavent ads on the site. My goal is to have ads that don't feel like ads at all.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA zirael
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do put back more ads for VIPs, you should also revise the paragraph which encourages VIP signups. Some people may have signed up in the past to get rid of the annoying ads.

"Access to the an ad-free Queue / Played page that has the request timer which automatically lets you know when you can request again."

I would just take out the "ad-free" part of that sentence because I see ads from google, allposters, the usual Amazon ones, and SST store on the queue page.

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

That's on the to-do list. Thanks zirael.

Denmark Armand
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Member#: 7352

Armand is offline View user's profile Send private message Armand's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Erhhh...don't know if it has anything to do with the adds on the page, but while I was reading this thread it suddenly moved me to another site where I could get some Demo....
Pretty strange...

- Ninomiya Kazunari
(from the song Niji/Rainbow)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely, that should not be happening. I don't think it's any ads though. We're moving toward more friendly ads, not the opposite. Let me know if it happends again and where it takes you.

Tjoe
Commander
Commander

Member#: 6471

Tjoe is offline View user's profile Send private message Tjoe's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

That annoying redirect ad has happened to me twice now since the switch. It appears to be a mouse over of some sort. It opened up a new window, full screen, and took me to a site that searches for and sells music and videos.
Commander

Tjoe is offline View user's profile Send private message Tjoe's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

JERIC, in the past couple of weeks, many people have complained in chat about certain ads in the Now Playing box that make noise. There is one with a gun shot, there is one with a camera click. There might be more (I don't know if the spiders one makes noise), but I stream from a different PC and don't keep the SST page open on that one so I only hear them if I turn on my other PC's speakers. Obviously, a site dedicated to playing music wouldn't want to have these odd noises playing on top of it.

Awhile back, you mentioned something about not wanting ads with sound here and to let you know when they occurred. Do you still want us to let you know which ones they are, and what site they take us too?
Cadet 4

Member#: 12507

greentea is offline View user's profile Send private message greentea's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Tjoe wrote:
JERIC, in the past couple of weeks, many people have complained in chat about certain ads in the Now Playing box that make noise. There is one with a gun shot, there is one with a camera click. There might be more (I don't know if the spiders one makes noise), but I stream from a different PC and don't keep the SST page open on that one so I only hear them if I turn on my other PC's speakers.

There's also one with a set of blobby little smilies that yell at you demanding for you to "say something." I don't mind seeing a few ads, but these ads with sound do take away from the experience here. I'd love to see them removed (or otherwise silenced) if possible.

Cheers,
Suz
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The noisy ad issue is getting coverage over here:

http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3284&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15
jeff
sdg
Tjoe
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks J2 - I updated my spam Razz
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: