StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$154.46

3 Donations:
$345.54

StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-5) Shru $50.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-3) Anonymous $50.00
Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

15 Minutes of Fame or Brushes with Greatness
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Tjoe
Commander
Commander

Member#: 6471

Tjoe is offline View user's profile Send private message Tjoe's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, scholar_matt and morpheus...

Out with it! You were suppose to tell us about YOU too Smile Come on, don't be modest... All of SST is waiting now Smile
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 10545

Morpheus is offline View user's profile Send private message Morpheus's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok.......at the moment I am a designer on Lord Of The Rings the Musical, due to open in six months!
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 10545

Morpheus is offline View user's profile Send private message Morpheus's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

And I am also writing a feature animation with someone, which I am also designing (characters, locations, everything at the moment)
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Member#: 7352

Armand is offline View user's profile Send private message Armand's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Morpheus wrote:
Also met Natalie Portman and Hayden Christian at a party,

Alan Rickman in a bar after an opening night. A friend of his was in the cast I think, but suffice to say, he is really strange in real life! Kind of like his character in Galaxy Quest, but older!

AWGH! Ey you lucky!!

*sigh*

I've never met anyone faumous....

- Ninomiya Kazunari
(from the song Niji/Rainbow)
Saffron
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 299

Saffron is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Saffron's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my best friends married Brian Setzer. He is extremely down to earth and very approachable and nice. Might try and have Brian visit here sometime.
I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music. - George Elliot
USA scholar_matt
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 11017

scholar_matt is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website scholar_matt's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost forgot my actual 20 minutes of fame. I was on a now-defunct- game show called History IQ. It was on the History Channel.

I had auditioned for the show back in early 2000 and did the taping in NYC in August of 2000. It aired in early September of 2000. It was hosted by Marc Summers, yes of Double-Dare fame. It was shot in the same studio as the now-defunct Crossing Over with John Edward.

As it turned out, I came in second-place behind a woman whose hobby was to make perfumed soap. Can't think of her name, though.

Oh well, I walked away with some expensive wireless speakers and headphones and a shameful commute back home.
Alas, there comes a Time for all of Humanity to embrace the greatness of History; for it is something that was always behind Us, is always around Us, and eventually We will become part of such Greatness. ~~Author~~Me 2005 (R)
USA Bruiser VIP (subscribed member)
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

aw

Member#: 3050

Bruiser is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Bruiser's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't KNOW any famous people, but Sandy Asher (writes children's books) teaches at my school...and so does (or did) the lady who wrote the Star Trek TNG episode "Rascals." I never met either of them, altho I'd like to, and still might. And one of my literature teachers had written a children's book that I had read and liked.

At a Fangoria Halloween Party in LA I met Clive Barker (the fantasy/horror writer). He was very nice! Rhonda Shearer of 'Up All Night' was covering the party, which was shown on USA in December, and I saw my hair go by in the crowd on TV!

Also at a Fangoria convention in San Jose I met Michael Berryman (the funny-looking guy in the Motley Crue 'Smokin' in the Boys Room' video - played the principal) and he was at the LA party and he remembered me. I met Gunnar Hanson (Leatherface in original 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre') at the same San Jose convention. Mr. Hanson is a great big teddy bear man who looks NOTHING like Leatherface and is very nice and funny! Also there was John Skipp and Craig Spector (writers) and David Schow (also writer). They were also very nice.

When I was in the deli I worked at in Santa Cruz, Ronny Cox (the actor - Cohagen in 'Total Recall') came in for a to-go order and I said hi to him. He said "Hi!" back very friendly but I was too scared to actually talk to him!

A regular customer in the deli was Johnny Johnson, who at the time (early 90s) played for the New York Jets. He was from Santa Cruz. He was HOT!

I haven't met anyone else. Springfield, MO is Brad Pitt's hometown but the closest I've come to that is buying a computer from his brother's store. We have a sci-fi convention here every year, but I havent' gone because it has been too expensive. Next time maybe I can go and they'll have someone cool. This year they had the gal from 'LOST' who plays the French woman but I missed it.
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i live in a crapy state here hardly any fun convention go on to meet cool people *sigh*
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in the commonwealth too Obi. I know that JMU used to have a fairly large sci-fi/fantasy convention every year. That might still be going on, and isn't too far from the Obi-house.

As for my own "brushes with greatness" I spent a fair amount of time in retail work during high school and college, where a served a fairly large group of Washington Redskins over the years. I also met Oliver North one day.

jeff
sdg
Stonehands
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 9214

Stonehands is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Stonehands's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in 5th grade I got to go to Washington DC with my elementary school and we got to juggle in Clinton's first Inaugural (sp?) parade. I also met Chuck Berry and got his autograph..but only because my parents forced me to because I had no idea who he was lol. So we were on national television and all over the local news.

In high school I was on a local game show called the "high-five challenge" but we lost hardcore Sad

Let's see, I'm also related to quarterback Drew Bledsoe..never met him, but he's a second cousin.
Hurr78
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:44 pm   Post subject: Re: 15 Minutes of Fame or Brushes with Greatness Reply with quote

Obi-son wrote:
Pixie wrote:
Tjoe wrote:
...brushes with greatness...

I have carnal knowledge of Cocles Cool

Very Happy
ROLFMAO! nice Pixie:)

Yeah, I think we can all agree that that one is officially funny. Smile
USA Goblinmoon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 1999

Goblinmoon is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Goblinmoon's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

lol not sure I could top Pixie's claim, but like our Maddy, been staff at DragonCon (where I've pimped for SST) for years, and have met LOTS of people through it... Figure most of the main type guests, was dearly hoping Joss Whedon would come this year, but alas... Most of the Serenity folks were great, Adam Baldwin (Jayne) was very cool!

And some of my friends and I run a party there, that's considered safe, so I've seen Harmony from Buffy, using someone's flogger on Rhade from Andromeda's butt! Have meet a few others, but they tend to blend in, living in Ft. lauderdale and Orlando you bump into a few.

Now I have a friend that works for Knight Ridder, and she got to interview George Lucas! am envious, but tell the man he needs to hire someone to rewrite his dialogue.
USSR the_lake_effect
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 12520

the_lake_effect is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View the_lake_effect's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

scholar_matt wrote:
I almost forgot my actual 20 minutes of fame. I was on a now-defunct- game show called History IQ. It was on the History Channel.

I had auditioned for the show back in early 2000 and did the taping in NYC in August of 2000. It aired in early September of 2000. It was hosted by Marc Summers, yes of Double-Dare fame. It was shot in the same studio as the now-defunct Crossing Over with John Edward.

As it turned out, I came in second-place behind a woman whose hobby was to make perfumed soap. Can't think of her name, though.

Oh well, I walked away with some expensive wireless speakers and headphones and a shameful commute back home.

I SAW THAT EPISODE! THAT WAS YOU? I was on a JetBlue flight from New York JFK to Fort Lauderdale, and I was watching the History Channel.

On another note, I've been in an extra in a few TV shows and movies. The last one was 16 Blocks with Bruce Willis and Mos Def. (These two young women were hitting on Mos during much of the shoot, not that I was suprised.)

Stories are for children, skyscrapers, and anyone wishing to reach for the stars.

The truthiness shall set you free.
Asriana
Commander
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Small bits of fame for me...

The first Star Trek Convension I went to, my Dad and I spoke with George Takei(great guy!) and James Doohan. Robin Curtis really liked my Dad and even autographed his picture "To Mark, with Love, Robin"
Then, the 2nd convension we met John DeLancie (Q) and he was also a very nice guy.

My other bit of fame would be my Dad, because he's on TV a lot in our area and people seem to recognize him everywhere we go Very Happy
Ensign

Member#: 10891

crystalstare is offline View user's profile Send private message crystalstare's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

umm... I met Anne Rice and got her to sign everything I had with me.

And one of my best friend's dad is a Nobel prize winner in physics and he once said I was a smart kid.

yea, I should have gotten that in writting too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: