StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$154.46

3 Donations:
$345.54

StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-5) Shru $50.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-3) Anonymous $50.00
Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

15 Minutes of Fame or Brushes with Greatness
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Pendrillion
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 13122

Pendrillion is offline View user's profile Send private message Pendrillion's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, yeah, recently I've met Shalil Shankar Classic Indian Music Master. Then in May I have had an Interview with John Howe and Deak Ferrand , who both had worked with Peter Jackson on Lord of the Rings, and a lot of very important Persons which work behind scenes of multiple (swiss national) TV and Radio Productions.

Ive met Poppa Chubby once. I also met with many other more and less important persons from the Music Area. Don't know excactly all.

If you are engaged in cultural work in a little country like Switzerland, where so many famous people resides, you often have the opprtunity to met intresting peoples Wink

My own Work:

Worked recently for an independent Radio Station called Channel K

Was Rowdy on a satiric swiss TV Show called Café Bâle

Has made 5 Star Trek Fanfilm Projects on my own.

Helped creating an Animation Film with modelling material.

Working actually on a Elder Scrolls Radioplay (also Fanproject)

Preproduction of my 6. ST Fanfilm project, were we intend to do the Things right. On scriptural, technical, and artistical levels.
Krindon
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 13172

Krindon is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Krindon's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've met several writers. Frank Peretti (This Present Darkness, The Oath, and Hangman's Curse) was a lot of fun. I've also met Jerry B. Jenkins (Left Behind series,) Dr. Gary Chapman (The Five Love Languages,) and Kristen Heitzmann (Diamond of the Rockies trilogy.)
I don't think I've met any actors. My sister, however, got a big bear hug from Keith Hamilton Cobb (Tyr Anasazi from Andromeda) at a local sci-fi convention. I think she was the envy of quite a few fan girls. Laughing
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 440

FrozenHan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View FrozenHan's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hail to the King, baby

We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

--Tyler Durden
UK Montybank
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 5290

Montybank is offline View user's profile Send private message Montybank's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Burton is my neighbor--does that count? And yes, he walks down Hampstead High Street with his friggin hair a mile high, and a ratty leather jacket. He is also a really nice guy, and doesn't mind if you talk to him a bit.
SpaceC06
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 10704

SpaceC06 is offline View user's profile Send private message SpaceC06's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Does meeting and working with astronauts count? I could list them if you wanted...

Or how about the director of NASA? Micheal Griffin...I've spoken to him several times and even eaten lunch with him Very Happy

Other than that I've got nothing cause I am a NERD Very Happy
USA workervr
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 10921

workervr is offline View user's profile Send private message View workervr's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Han is that stephen king signing your book?
Admiral (Administrator)

aw

Member#: 333

Muriel is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Muriel's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

WORKERVR wrote:
Han is that stephen king signing your book?

Hmmm... I would've guessed Bruce Campbell.
FrozenHan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 440

FrozenHan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View FrozenHan's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

*Ding* point for Chandler

Bruce Campbell is correct
We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

--Tyler Durden
Caliburn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

He a lefty?

Lefties are goodlooking ;-)
Tjoe
Commander
Commander

Member#: 6471

Tjoe is offline View user's profile Send private message Tjoe's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cal - heh... if only that were universally true.
Ensign

Member#: 11017

scholar_matt is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website scholar_matt's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...Lake_Effect, you actually saw that episode of History IQ? It was the 8th one aired...

As for what I do...I work for Scholastic, Inc. I am an Education Consultant and Contest Administrator.
Alas, there comes a Time for all of Humanity to embrace the greatness of History; for it is something that was always behind Us, is always around Us, and eventually We will become part of such Greatness. ~~Author~~Me 2005 (R)
Jackietheblade
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 12237

Jackietheblade is offline View user's profile Send private message Jackietheblade's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so, while attending a private college in Arkansas, my PR professor brought in a childhood and still longtime friend of his: director Jay Russell of "My Dog Skip", "Tuck Everlasting" and "Ladder 49" fame. He talked to our group (just about 20 of us) and then we asked him questions. After words, I went up and introduced myself and, wanting to get into filmmaking via advertising (as many have done like Michael Mann and McG) I asked if I could contact him down the road. He said I could. I have since emailed him a couple times. Very cool guy.

A very good friend of mine is an actor in NYC right now. We hung out since junior high and then were in the acting department together at the University of Northern Iowa. He left after our first year and moved to NYC. He has since gotten a pretty killer agent and has had small roles on TV shows. He took a film to Sundance last year and has a couple more on the way now. Watch out for him! His name is Michael Mosley.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1134612/
If you are interested, here's the website for his latest called The Big Bad Swim: http://www.learnhowtoswim.com click on "media" and then watch the trailer! Mike is the guy that hooks up with Paget Brewster when she says "I met a guy".

degrees from Kevin Bacon: I know Jay Russell, who directed Kevin in My Dog Skip!
USA vader_76
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 10227

vader_76 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View vader_76's Favorites
AIM Address
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I met Luis Gonzalez (Arizona Diamondbacks) at a gas station here in Phoenix - he is a real nice guy and a great local celeb. I asked him for his autograph for my wife. He asked me, "Do you want me to make it out for both of you?" To which I replied, "Nah, just her" - thinking I just wanted it to be for her as a gift. Instead I probably came off as an a** who didn't want Luiz' autograph. Oh well. My wife was happy.

That's it
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 9445

iro_007 is offline View user's profile Send private message iro_007's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I met Nelly Furtado......she's very hot
USA MissJubilee
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 11503

MissJubilee is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MissJubilee's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't think I know anyone famous. But I've had brushes. Funny, I enjoy "Six Degrees" but have never tried it with myself before. Hm... I went to a taping of the short-lived "My Big Fat Greek Life" and Tom Hanks and his wife were there. That's just "Apollo 13" away from Kevin Bacon! But I didn't get to meet him, just waved.

My dad does some acting, and he tried out for the part of the principal in "Forrest Gump." The lady doing the casting didn't like his comic spin on the character, but kept saying she wanted to use his face. She did, too - from a moderate distance, the guy who played the principal looks just like my dad! So, there's another Hanks connection.

Dad also worked as an usher for the sitcom "Big Brother Jake," and the guy who played Jake's accountant (or was it lawyer) best friend was in "While You Were Sleeping" as the guy responsible for the sleeping brother having only one... um, can I post that word here?...

Finally, the admin asst for the film program I did for a semester in LA was married to the sound re-recording mixer for "We Were Soldiers" and "Dumb & Dumberer" and various other movies. Marc invited us to the bake-off for the 2003 sound-design Oscars, and afterwards at dinner I met the sound desingers for various other movies, the most impressive to me being "Lord of the Rings." I also filmed a short film at Marc's house while in that program, so he might remember me! He also did the sound for the movie "Breaking Dawn," which I did a little pre-production work on myself at my internship (not enough to get a credit, bummer!)

Oh yeah, and my cousin is starting her job in the White House this month, so I'm not too many degrees from the Prez and who knows how many other people in Washington!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: