StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Music from that Marines battlechess commercial

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Luther_III
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:03 am   Post subject: Music from that Marines battlechess commercial Reply with quote

Hi SST! If anyone can answer this, it will be someone from this community. I have for over 10 years now been interested in the music used for a commercial for the US Marines that depicted a Medieval battle taking place on a chess board. Does anyone even know what I am talking about? Does anyone know what this music is? I have googled this topic many times and have found nothing. Any clues would be much appreciated. Thanks!!
Saffron
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 299

Saffron is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Saffron's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Luther I remember that ad.

I did a little research and all I could find was this link (page 25, beware first page is a bit gruesome) that gives the name of the marketing group that created the ad.

Here is the link to JWT the marketing group they talk about. They would be probably be the best resource for finding out about the music used in those ads.
I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music. - George Elliot
USA Luther_III
Commander
Commander

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:23 am   Post subject: THANKS SAFFY!!! Reply with quote

Saffron wrote:

I did a little research and all I could find was this link (page 25, beware first page is a bit gruesome) that gives the name of the marketing group that created the ad.

Here is the link to JWT the marketing group they talk about. They would be probably be the best resource for finding out about the music used in those ads.

Thanks, Saffy!!

I owe you one! After a few calls to JWT, I learned that the music was originally contracted for that ad, so it is not available anywhere. I am going to try to bug them to find the composer's name, but I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks again!
Saffron

Member#: 299

Saffron is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Saffron's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Luther,
My pleasure! I like to use the reference librarian that is closeted inside me on occassion.

Glad you were able to find out more! Sounds like they were easy to talk with. One never knows with big marketing firms.

Saff
I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music. - George Elliot
USA Luther_III
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:22 pm   Post subject: Composer and production company Reply with quote

Saffron wrote:

Well, thanks to Saffron's lead, I was able to bug JWT and find out some more information. The music was produced in 1991 by a now-out-of-business company called Killer Music out of Los Angeles. The 60-sec track was composed and arranged by Al Capps. The text is comprised of Latin words such as:

English (Latin):
Honor (Fides)
Force (Vis)
Strength (Vires)
Power (Potentia)
Country (Patria)
Confidence (Fides)
Glory (Gloria)
Courage (Virtus)
Spirit (Animus)
Assurance/Self-Reliance (Fiducia)
Always Faithful (Semper Fidelis) - (Marines' motto)

Very interesting information, but unfortunately, no recordings are available.

Thanks again, Saffy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: