StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Howard Shore's King Kong score has been dropped

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Francel
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 7814

Francel is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Francel's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:17 pm   Post subject: Howard Shore's King Kong score has been dropped Reply with quote

Heya guys, this just in. Thought it would be cool to share it with you all.

Howard Shore's score for the upcoming King Kong has been dropped due to creative differences between Peter Jackson and him. The whole score (129 min in total) finished recording in New Zealand about three weeks ago.

For now, James Newton Howard has been hired to write the replacement score and he will be delivering it around November 4th, with the scoring taking place in LA.

This is the official press release issued by Universal Pictures with today's date.

Quote:
UP(10/14/2005): UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., Oct. 14.

We are confirming today that James Newton Howard will compose the original score for the dramatic adventure "King Kong," which is directed by triple Academy Award(R) winner Peter Jackson. Mr. Howard replaces Howard Shore, who is leaving the project.

Peter Jackson made the following statement: "I have greatly enjoyed my collaborations with Howard Shore, whose musical themes made immeasurable contributions to 'The Lord of the Rings' trilogy. During the last few weeks, Howard and I came to realize that we had differing creative aspirations for the score of 'King Kong.' Rather than waste time arguing with a friend and trying to unify our points of view, we decided amicably to let another composer score the film. I'm looking forward to working with James Newton Howard, a composer whose work I've long admired, and I thank Howard Shore, whose talent is surpassed only by his graciousness."

"King Kong" will be released December 14, 2005.

Shore said he will probably comment on this decision later this year.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 196

Furyen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Furyen's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I heard about that over at Soundtrack.net. what a shame. Though I hope they still release it. Some how....

Asriana
Commander
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be curious to hear the differences between Shore's works and Howards.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh oh, Troy deja vu,
USA zirael
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I was very upset to hear about this decision because I sooo wanted to hear Shore's score, and I'm praying that there will be an official release of Shore's Kong music. Peter Jackson must be feeling tremendous pressure on this film to drop Howard Shore at the 11th hour. I'm looking forward to seeing what James Newton Howard will come up with in a rush job, but it's a sad situation that Jackson and Shore couldn't work it out.
Hurr78
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Caliburn wrote:
Uh oh, Troy deja vu,

Yeah, I'll say. Just wait... all the LOTR score fans will probably try to start a petition or something for a release of the Shore score. But don't expect Shore to post it on his website. It doesn't sound like he's as angry as Yared was.
Canada TreeBob
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5527

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure the Shore score will end up on the internet in due time.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 9061

Rogue is offline View user's profile Send private message Rogue's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not a particularly good sign.

This kind of upheaval makes me worried about the general quality of the film.

And I think I am not alone in thinking that James Newton Howard, solid composer that he is, is hardly on the level of Howard Shore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: