StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Excalibur (1981)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Furyen
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 196

Furyen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Furyen's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:58 pm   Post subject: Excalibur (1981) Reply with quote

http://www.dandalf.com/dandalf/excalibursound.html

Excalibur: Trevor Jones, with Richard Wagner, and Carl Orff.

This site is selling (I suppose) legal CD's of the 1981 classic, Excalibur, having 18 tracks, and with all alternate themes. This is a good buy people, I already have my copy. And I recommend it to all SST'ers who appreacte Trevor Jones.

USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little skeptical. Does your copy have a barcode?

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA Furyen
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Furyen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Furyen's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

ehhhh.....no But I'm sure it has to be legal, otherwise they wouldn't be posting it over the web for all to see. Either that, or you can report it to somebody, and actually see if it's legal. Anyhow, its hard to pass this one up, hell the 1994 released cd is valued at $85.00 to $30.00
http://www.soundtrack.net:16080/soundtracks/database/?id=323

http://www.soundtrack.net:16080/soundtracks/database/?id=1728
If you wanna try to find the orginal cd released copys...be my guest, Though it would be like trying to pull excalibur from the stone Wink
But, I suppose I could send in my own, but I accdently dropped it into a tub of floor cleaner (dont ask why) and the inserts have water damage...sever water damage, though you can still read it, but the cd is in great condition.

BTW There is a vin number on it, as it states: FD41207

Last edited by Furyen on Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
USA Furyen
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, whats so Ironic about this score, is that Trevor goes to score Merlin seventeen years later. And what an improvement it was!!!!

Francel
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 7814

Francel is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Francel's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur has seen its share of bootlegs over the years due to a master stape stolen at CTS in 1983.

Boot incarnations of this score include illegal releases by fake labels such as Old World Music, Excalibur Enterprises, Lancelot Records, Stonehenge Records, Massive Collection and yes, Flying Dutchman, based in Holland which is the one you refer in your post, Furyen.

Excalibur received an official release back in 1981 by Island Records which contained none of Trevor's score and an extremely rare book/LP combo issued by Orion UK in 1982 with a few snippets of the original score, though the real stars were Orff's O Fortuna and the Wagner pieces. There is NO official release of the score on CD and the above mentioned "labels" by now have 163 active lawsuits, even though most of them have ceased to exist.

Sounds to me like this Dandalf company is trying to cash in a property that is in legal turmoil.

Trevor's CMR company is trying to strike a deal to release the score officially in its entirety but don't hold your breath over this one, since the legal Excalibur entanglements with the deceased Orion (which in turn should be the property of Warner by now) are far too complicated.

Furyen, you are a smart guy, get rid of that thing which doesn't help this industry in any way. The fact that it's all around the web is by no means an indication of it being legal.

And a vin number? That doesn't mean anything. Vin numbers on cd's usually refer to manufacturing codes for CD-R's.
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I had figured as much, before I purchased it. Its kinda funney how I came across it. It was about two years ago, maybe less. I was at Soundtrack Collector.com, and I was looking for info on Trevor Jones's Merlin. And I came across Excalibur within the searchs. And you, it was on everyone's wish list, so I checked their forums, and a gentelmen had posted a web link to the refered site of Dandalf. And at the time, I was in a state of mind "Oh it won't hurt anyone" kinda thinking, which I seemed to have slipped into here. Anyways I had bought it, and it came in about a week or so. Played it, had pretty good sound quality. Then I forgot about it, left it on the shelf to collect dust, up into recently when I heard that a second mini-series of Merlin was in the making. I blew the dust off of both Merlin and Excalibur and gave them a spin. And I will admit, Trevor's sutle cues arn't really that bad in Excalibur. I was in a mind rush, and posted a request in the Playlist.
Leave it to Francel, and others to show me the right path, over and over again Wink.

ronankan
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 25187

ronankan is offline View user's profile Send private message View ronankan's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

add
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 8:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

When there is an official release we will add it.

*locked*

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: